BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Areas in Blackburn

I don't really 'get' vandals, one night I was walking home from the pub in rishton and at the end of my street some numpty had climbed the lamppost and was trying to smash it, I took it as a personal affront being near my house and a few beers down and had a pop at the guy doing it, it ended up that particular guy was just an idiot but there can't be that many people that are just that thick and ignorant. Can there?

I've seen alcohol and drugs make people do the craziest things, which in the moment 'the culprits' genuinely don't believe to be vandalism and probably have (they believe) a very good reason to commit the act until they wake the next day (sometimes in a cell or hospital ward) and realise what an absolute twonk they have been(or in other words :wacko: they realise and accept responsibility for the stupidity of their actions) so i don't think its right to judge them as a person, other than to say they should avoid excessive booze, etc,,, because it brings the worst out in them.

as for a bit of vandalism on tables, that's likely just done by a school kid(and school kids are pretty much the same world over) so again not really something that should be used to denounce an entire town!

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen alcohol and drugs make people do the craziest things, which in the moment 'the culprits' genuinely don't believe to be vandalism and probably have (they believe) a very good reason to commit the act until they wake the next day (sometimes in a cell or hospital ward) and realise what an absolute twonk they have been, so i don't think its right to judge them as a person, other than to say they should avoid excessive booze, etc,,, because it brings the worst out in them.

as for a bit of vandalism on tables, that's likely just done by a school kid(and school kids are pretty much the same world over) so again not really something that should be used to denounce an entire town!

What an embarrassing post, people just don't take responsibility for their actions anymore, re the kids, the French kids are in a different class generally to the UK kids, it just goes pear shaped when they get older

you still have not said why DW gyms are a horrible chain of companies

Hardly crimes of the century to be honest, it just sounds like your standards and expectations are a little higher than your average person in this country(to put it politely) :P

shows who is a trog.

Why? Because the same predictable little clique of 5/6 posters like to disagree with me.

Jal issues shouldnt just be an indicment of Blackburn as they are things that happen on a daily basis in every village, town and city in the country.

(also the fact they both happened in horrible chain companies means I feel absolutely no sympathy for them, but that's besides the point and just my very own irrational little prejudice)

whats wrong with DW gyms? Posted before I saw the above from Yoda before you get all smarmy.

ive never been in one of the gyms! but the clothing stores sell tacky overpriced sports clothes that are made for pennys in sweatshops in poverty stricken countries(and also you can usually buy exactly the same gear in other sports clothing stores much much cheeper)

(but that's all besides the point and just my personal view, which I totally understand if nobody else agrees with it)

"smarmy" :lol: that's almost a complement from you sweety.

p.s I think that makes 5(or 6) predictable ;)

• Backroom

personally(and please honestly don't take this as an attack/insult) but to me it just sounds like your lacking a bit of confidence if you get intimidated so easily.

I live and work here, as do most people I meet and associate with, every town has its scrotes though.

I work for a solicitors, usually in the office that deals with crime. I'm no weed. Some people in the town have little raison d'etre other than to make the lives of others miserable.

I spend most of my time in a hoody and jeans (manual labour) so maybe the scrotes are just attracted to me? Esp if they see me in and out of a solicitor's office everyday :P

But my point was that scrotes in Bburn go out of their way to be knobs from my experience. In other areas, they're generally scrotes in every way apart from respecting people for the most part.

Is it not possible that it just seems like Blackburn has more 'scrotes' on average than surrounding towns because Blackburn has a much larger population(I think!) and during the day most scotey types tend to congregate in the same areas(around parts of the town centre, etc...)?

(ive got to stop typing scrotes now, its making my balls itch)

Is it not possible that it just seems like Blackburn has more 'scrotes than surrounding towns because Blackburn has a much larger populationI think!) and during the day most scotey types tend to congregate in the same areas(around parts of the town centre, etc...)?

(ive got to stop typing scrotes now, it making ky balls itch)

They also damage your keyboard and make my spelling and grammar look A level compared you yours .

• Backroom

Is it not possible that it just seems like Blackburn has more 'scrotes' on average than surrounding towns because Blackburn has a much larger population(I think!) and during the day most scotey types tend to congregate in the same areas(around parts of the town centre, etc...)?

(ive got to stop typing scrotes now, its making my balls itch)

Fair point and not one I'd thought about. 'Proportion' doesn't mean that more scrotes than other towns should be accepted though.

You've got me thinking of Eric&Ernie now:

'Have you got the scrolls?'

'No, I always walk like this!'

Regarding the costa table, it was late wednesday afternoon when I took my seat at the table when I asked the member of staff if they were going to remove it the reply was no, then went on to say that it had been done the previous sunday and off they went carrying on their duties which like all costa coffee stores is a very busy place but letting four days go by and no action taken certainly doesnt look good on Blackburn and the town centre.

Regarding the costa table, it was late thursday afternoon when I took my seat at the table when I asked the member of staff if they were going to remove it the reply was no, then went on to say that it had been done the previous sunday and off they went carrying on their duties which like all costa coffee stores is a very busy place but letting five days go by and no action taken certainly doesnt look good on Blackburn and the town centre.

I am surprised you are drinking there at all JAL, expensive chav's paradise, I thought the coffee exchange was your haunt, or the brew room

I am surprised you are drinking there at all JAL, expensive chav's paradise, I thought the coffee exchange was your haunt, or the brew room

Chav's paradise? Nothing wrong with wanting to raise your standards, the issue is the gobkeans trying to drag them down.

That's not good JAL not at all I thought that when you pointed it out it was new to them

Just amended the date Tom as it was on a wednesday afternoon not thursday but overall it didnt look good. Imagine someone visiting for the first time sitting at that table just what kind of impression would this give of Blackburn.

Despite the table, costa coffee does produce a consistantly high quality cup of coffee or cappuccino in my case.

Just amended the date Tom as it was on a wednesday afternoon not thursday but overall it didnt look good. Imagine someone visiting for the first time sitting at that table just what kind of impression would this give of Blackburn.

Despite the table, costa coffee does produce a consistantly high quality cup of coffee or cappuccino in my case.

Nice side step there JAL

:D

Id like to think they'd have the sense to only judge the café they are, not the town.

I'm sorry but is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of snobbery on this site lately?(this isn't aimed at jal or anybody in particular, just a general observation)

Id like to think they'd have the sense to only judge the café they are, not the town.

I'm sorry but is it just me or does there seems to be a lot of snobbery on this site lately?(this isn't aimed at jal or anybody in particular, just a general observation)

Don't think it is snobbery, just @#/? off at what Blackburn has become

I'm sorry but is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of snobbery on this site lately?(this isn't aimed at jal or anybody in particular, just a general observation)

Yet more bizarre stuff .. DW sells cheap tack and today this board is snobby .. Is your opinion ( although admitting to never been in , so how you know buggers belief ) not snobbish against DW ?

Archived