BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Areas in Blackburn

• Backroom

Thought last night wasn't the best time haha. Late to the game and @#/? right off for its duration :P

I'll find you both at the Leicester battering :P

I'm row 23, seat 29 Tom.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All, As stated before I have now accepted a flat on whitebirk road. I know it's a lot to ask I was wondering is there anyone on here who would be willing to help unload a van of my belongings into my new flat in whitebirk any time & help they can donate to helping me will be gratefully appreciated Savio

• 5 weeks later...

I know long time no hear I am now living permanently in Blackburn and things have gone well my neighbours are absolutely brilliant one of them today cut my lawn for me today and everyone in the neighbourhood has been very welcoming to me. I would also like to reserve special thanks to our brilliant community manager Tom M as last night I had

15n0xv7.jpg

as recommended by Tom M from the Balti House Rishton it was really amazing and the vegetable sauce was a little spicy but not too much it was medium and was totally delicious I was really filled up and for the quality of the food the price was excellent and all delivered to my house in whitebirk so thanks Tom M that was really nice and I shall be definitely be using them again for my fave curries you certainly know how to pick an excellent Indian.

I know long time no hear I am now living permanently in Blackburn and things have gone well my neighbours are absolutely brilliant one of them today cut my lawn for me today and everyone in the neighbourhood has been very welcoming to me. I would also like to reserve special thanks to our brilliant community manager Tom M as last night I had

15n0xv7.jpg

For a minute I thought you implied Tom cooked that for you. I was going to say, these Community Managers really go above and beyond the call of duty!

15n0xv7.jpg

Bet there's not much lamb in there!

• 3 weeks later...

But there's nothing to say they aren't English so deporting wouldn't be an option

The names would suggest otherwise. Being born in this country doesn't make them English in my book.

The names would suggest otherwise. Being born in this country doesn't make them English in my book.

That is going to open up a whole new debate Al (actually re-open an old one)

• Backroom

But with all due respect your book nor my book is the law so we still couldn't deport.

• Moderation Lead

Some would view themselves as English, but only when it suits...(probably best be careful, as folk, myself included have been banned for less!!)

But there's nothing to say they aren't English so deporting wouldn't be an option

The quote might be incorrect but I read it as ............. "The driver, a bearded Asian man, staggered out and the witness watched as he staggered around, nearly falling over on several occasions.”

Asian men aren't British by definition. If he was then the report should read "The driver, a bearded man of asian origin, staggered out and the witness watched as he staggered around, nearly falling over on several occasions.”

• Backroom

Good point didn't think of it that way - possibly the reporter didn't either mind and Asian Man Is an easy catch all.

Lazy reporting and unfortunately typical of reporting standards in the LT these days. I rem it being a rarity to see grammatical and spelling errors in that paper now every page is littered with primary school standard examples.

BUT Its a silly catch all anyway Tom. 'Asian' pays no attention to different races. If one witnessed a murder the description 'of Asian appearence'is nowhere near accurate enough. Put every Asian in a bag, shake it up and hit it with a stick the probability is that the one you hit would have yellow skin and slanted eyes.

Oriental and either South Asian and even more accurate Indopak being a far more accurate and logical description to differentiate between people of different race. Why basic and accurate description is deemed racist in some quarters displays much ignorance and misplaced sensibilities.

Archived