BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Areas in Blackburn

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting point that, Al, I get the same question.

That's another point Dave. No matter who you say you support you will never be an Australian. Born and bed in England and educated at St Mary's College.

That's what my Australian Passport says Al, with the exception of the SMC bit.

There are loads of Asians with British Passports. Doesn't make them British, but you always will be Dave. Like it or not.

There are loads of Asians with British Passports. Doesn't make them British, but you always will be Dave. Like it or not.

But, Al, you'd want them to support England/GB etc at sport rather than India/Pakistan/Bangladesh/Add any country.

I remember years ago someone on this website critisised the fact that the majority of supporters at a 20/20 (or one dayer) supported the opposition against England, (It might have been Pakistan or India, can't remember).

That critisism was fair in my view. If that's where you live and where you intend to live for the rest of your days, where you earn your money, then you support your "national side".

As I've said in the past, I'm an Australian citizen. This place has been good to me, it's where I pay may taxes, it's where my kids were born, (in fact my daughter flew back here 8 months pregnant so that her baby was born in Australia)

In your mind, what more do I have to do to say thank you to a country that has been so good to me by giving me the opportunities that I had?

I'm not denying my heritage, yep, I was born in England, Educated in England, but by a quirk of fate, ended up on the otherside of the world, in a country that let me develop into the person I am now.

If I can repay that by supporting the National sporting teams, then it's not much of a price to say "thank you".

It's like footy teams .. You don't swap sides .

and what do you say to all those immigrants that swamp the home support at England v India/Pakistan knowing full well they all live in England, pay their taxes there (hopefully) and will never see their birth country again.

The post I referred to, to me said it all. I just wish I could resurrect it.

• Moderation Lead

It does my head in when persons of Asian heritage support Pakistan or India at cricket, but yet they support England at football.

Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that both the latter have dogsh1t football teams I'm sure.... :rolleyes:

and what do you say to all those immigrants that swamp the home support at England v India/Pakistan knowing full well they all live in England, pay their taxes there (hopefully) and will never see their birth country again.

The post I referred to, to me said it all. I just wish I could resurrect it.

Why do you try explaining to those whose mindset is set in stone?

• 11 months later...

Corporation park after 6pm is not a place that I would go to. Full of idiots hanging around the greenhouse, drug dealers and now it seems thugs who want to rob kids. I am amazed that the Police turn a blindeye to all of the blatant drug dealing that goes on there.

Huge shame as it used to be a very nice place when I was kid.

Corporation park after 6pm is not a place that I would go to. Full of idiots hanging around the greenhouse, drug dealers and now it seems thugs who want to rob kids. I am amazed that the Police turn a blindeye to all of the blatant drug dealing that goes on there.

Huge shame as it used to be a very nice place when I was kid.

I rem the police rarely raided the Queens on Town Hall St which was the drug centre of Bburn back in the 70's. I was told that if they'd come down hard on the Queens that the dealers and customers would have scattered to other places and that it suited the Police to have them all in one place so they could keep an eye on it all.

I rem the police rarely raided the Queens on Town Hall St which was the drug centre of Bburn back in the 70's. I was told that if they'd come down hard on the Queens that the dealers and customers would have scattered to other places and that it suited the Police to have them all in one place so they could keep an eye on it all.

That did not include the night they turned up with a coach outside and loaded everyone in the pub onto it!

Yes. It's well worth a visit. Mike Berry and his dedicated team have done a great job with the Red Brick Theatre. I doubt he'll ever get any official recognition mind, that appears to be a bit of a one way street around these parts.

Is that the old Empire at Ewood?

yes...The wife's friend was in the production . Anyone who knows me ,knows that my secret guilty pleasure is musicals at the theater . A far cry from my metal love as well.

Archived