BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Areas in Blackburn

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

By the way it's appalling that a thread started by savio about where to live who is a genuinely nice guy has been corrupted by tedious parochial racism

...vinjay?

Always a treat to see the plebs and ignorant banging on about the evils of halal.

Unfortunately you will find poor practices in all types of slaughter no matter if it has a religious element or not .

Halal is not the actual issue, it's essentially just the blessing.

That's not not to say that the fearful racists won't pedal some rhetoric about it sooner rather than later

I hope you're not including me in that generalisation. I'm against any slaughter where the animal isn't stunned beforehand regardless of religion.

The part of the thread you refer to was actually ABOUT differences in halal practice as argued by the LCM vs the rest of the UK re: Nandos. So it's hardly a surprise that halal is the focus, is it?

Sorry if this seems in bad taste or if your squeamish...... but as somebody that has kept hens in my garden for a few years and inevitably had to slaughter a few along the way, I will tell you now that the easiest, quickest most humane way to slaughter a chicken(assuming its going to be butchered for food afterwards) when done correctly is to cut its throat and let it bleed out, there's absolutely no need stunning with chickens because what it seems a lot on here aren't aware of is that when you hold a chicken upside down by its feet it goes into a kind of trance like state where the hens entire body goes completely limp and as long as you make a good clean cut the chicken quickly bleeds out without any resistance or signs of distress at all, the only movement from the chicken is in the moments after its died and its muscles go into spasm.

As I have said before, if you could see the state the chickens are kept in and the suffering many of them have to endure until the day comes for them to be put out of their misery you'd have different feelings. I shouldn't say that all those that are meat eaters and complaining about the slaughter methods of chickens are ignorant, but a lot of you do seem poorly informed and also you seem to be attaching human feelings to the way you think a chicken feels before and as its dying when the truth is they don't really think(not in the way intelligent humans and animals do anyway)

I am only referring to chickens here though.

But all that said ALL slaughtering that's carried out in factories via mechanical means is pretty disgusting and wrong anyway completely regardless of whether its halal or not as there are likely to be the odd glitches and imprecision with the machinery everyday(just like any other machine in any kind of factory) causing animals to suffer badly.

Just to add not many people seem to give a toss about animal welfare while it's alive . You haven't really want the right to eat meat either if you have not experienced how it's killed or if you don't respect the whole of the animal in death

Always a treat to see the plebs and ignorant banging on about the evils of halal.

Unfortunately you will find poor practices in all types of slaughter no matter if it has a religious element or not .

That's not not to say that the fearful racists won't pedal some rhetoric about it sooner rather than later

By the way it's appalling that a thread started by savio about where to live who is a genuinely nice guy has been corrupted by tedious parochial racism

Mike ... Does someone else know a certain word in our language and that baffles you ?

Tj I concur . I have the experience of various slaughter methods to qualify my agreement ...unlike most

You haven't been around here for long but it already appears that there is one that baffles you. That word is racism / racist. Pulling out the race card at will, repeatedly and with such little provocation (plus your stated experience of various slaughter methods) rather suggests to me that you are of South Asian descent. Am I correct?

I can quite categorically declare that I am not a racist. Race related issues rarely concern me and if you were referring to me as a racist simply because of my strong opposition to a. primitive and b. UNNECESSARILY CRUEL religious slaughter methods you would do well to apologise to me and to everyone else that you are tarring with your glib accusations of racism.

You haven't been around here for long but it already appears that there is one that baffles you. That word is racism / racist. Pulling out the race card at will, repeatedly and with such little provocation (plus your stated experience of various slaughter methods) rather suggests to me that you are of South Asian descent. Am I correct?

I can quite categorically declare that I am not a racist. Race related issues rarely concern me and if you were referring to me as a racist simply because of my strong opposition to a. primitive and b. UNNECESSARILY CRUEL religious slaughter methods you would do well to apologise to me and to everyone else that you are tarring with your glib accusations of racism.

I was under the impression he was a hand-wringing liberal. After all they seem to be the ones with the biggest problem with this concept.

I also thought it might be a reincarnated Braddock...

• Backroom

Mike ... Does someone else know a certain word in our language and that baffles you?

It's a mb in-joke. We had a user called vinjay who used that word in almost every post. He apparently tried to break into the Ewood offices at one point.

Then defected to support Citeh.

It's a mb in-joke. We had a user called vinjay who used that word in almost every post. He apparently tried to break into the Ewood offices at one point.

Then defected to support Citeh.

thanks I see

I was unreasonably sharp , perhaps due to the tone of the thread and the sullying of savs post

Please accept my humble apology

That is a bizarre edit of events to suit you.....I Initially questioned mikes questioning of my use of the word 'parochialism ' . That was explained graciously

My attitude to those racists who use ignorance regarding slaughter houses and halal was general but you stepped in to fill the role wonderfully, thanks for illustrating my point.

No I'm not of Asian decent, I'm white British , straight, married, 25-39 and I'm not related to any other employees of the company.... Hang on what was that line of questioning again?

I've spent time in the inside of all types of slaughter house .... there are some shocking practices go on in some halal places but there are some shocking non halal ones too and the same applies with the good ones . Of any problems we come up against it certainly has nothing to do with religion

Take more attention of the provenance of your meat rather than what happens in the last few seconds of its life. There are already well paid people going out of their way to make sure of that bit for you

• Backroom

thanks I see

I was unreasonably sharp , perhaps due to the tone of the thread and the sullying of savs post

Please accept my humble apology

Don't worry pal, it happens :) no need to apologise but I accept it anyway.

My attitude to those racists who use ignorance regarding slaughter houses and halal was general but you stepped in to fill the role wonderfully, thanks for illustrating my point.

Sorry chum..... halal does not pertain to race. It pertains to muslims. One cannot be racist against a muslim only against a member of another race.

No I'm not of Asian decent, I'm white British , straight, married, 25-39 and I'm not related to any other employees of the company.... Hang on what was that line of questioning again?

I've spent time in the inside of all types of slaughter house .... there are some shocking practices go on in some halal places but there are some shocking non halal ones too and the same applies with the good ones .

Quite right and equally reprehensible.

Take more attention of the provenance of your meat rather than what happens in the last few seconds of its life. There are already well paid people going out of their way to make sure of that bit for you.

Indeed the Animal Welfare Act is and was quite straightforward UNTIL it began making exceptions based not on scientific evidence but on primitive and most definitely unfounded belief. https://www.gov.uk/animal-welfare

btw one starter for paying attention to the provenance of your meat (and food in general) is to buy British and if at all possible buy local. Never trust a supermarket either! Supermarkets were responsible for the citizens of this country eating horsemeat tainted with 'bute' and intentionally disguised as beefburgers for many years. How they avoided prosecution using their almost absolute power and influence is just incredible.

While the bute thing wasn't good it was hilarious that our people didn't seem to mind tucking into cheap burgers made of appallingly treated cow

Well I don't think they knew about it, prior to it being publicised

Well that's a great start for a newbie. Must have read "How to win friends and influence people".

i really wouldn't waste your time trying to play clever clogs internet warrior with me on this one but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt

Happy cows don't come cheap , it was only those buying cheap supermarket burgers that had a problem

i really wouldn't waste your time trying to play clever clogs internet warrior with me on this one but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt

Happy cows don't come cheap , it was only those buying cheap supermarket burgers that had a problem

I have been trying to keep out of this one but..........for someone so admirably against the slaughtering of animals without compassion for their misery or suffering it's a bit weird that you moniker suggest that you made a pie out of Pascal. Was it done Halal? was it with a potato and onion mix?

I have been trying to keep out of this one but..........for someone so admirably against the slaughtering of animals without compassion for their misery or suffering it's a bit weird that you moniker suggest that you made a pie out of Pascal. Was it done Halal? was it with a potato and onion mix?

Comes across as weird

Archived