BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Areas in Blackburn

Are there any other towns in lancashire that have as much progress(all be it slow progress) going on in them than blackburn?(particularly in the town centres)

Chorley has a new town centre Asda at the top of Market Street and Market Street itself has been repaved and become a shared use zone. It looks very smart and it's to be hoped will pull people up this currently dead area.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No your chave os a stupid word and description.

Huh ?

Food area done like a cruise ship ,restaraunts done like New Orleans ,.

Aye TJ there's nothing original . What would be original is if you wasn't an "expert" on every single discussion .

Theres lots of delicious food stalls in the new market,most of it authentic and freshly prepared as well(sorry theres no silly for the kids though)

There's also lots of little independent cafes and restaurants keep popping up around blackburn town centre if you look around, not so much in the mall itself. (Again you probably want find many novelty/gimmicky places)

• Moderation Lead

Every food outlet in the Trafford centre that I saw when I was there serves halal meat only. Usually informed in small writing at the back / bottom of the menu's. We ate on the way home near Chorley.

There are plenty that don't, certainly GBK, Five Guys I wouldn't imagine would be Halal!

Yea i think that was just theno trying to turn another discusion into just another excuse to rant and whinge about Muslims (because that topic doesnt get covered enough on here!)

There is though a new american diner themed cafe in the mall, no idea what its like(prob just your usual fast food fare)

Went to Ed's at Chesire Oaks years ago, wasn't great, especially for the price. Wouldn't go to one again anyway.

Been to the Brew Room behind the Roverstore a few times, it's pretty standard fare. Nothing special. Though I had a nice crayfish salad there once that went down really well.

Went to Ed's at Chesire Oaks years ago, wasn't great, especially for the price. Wouldn't go to one again anyway.

Try Red's in Manchester if you're ever in the city centre. It's not cheap but I thought the food was really good. It's an open kitchen and they've got imported American beers, too.

There are plenty that don't, certainly GBK, Five Guys I wouldn't imagine would be Halal!

You are wrong about GBK. http://www.gbk.co.uk/menu#menu3

Also last time I was there five guys wasn't. Credit to them if they can survive without resorting to selling meat produced using the completely unnecessary halal slaughter method.

Try Red's in Manchester if you're ever in the city centre. It's not cheap but I thought the food was really good. It's an open kitchen and they've got imported American beers, too.

Yeh heard about this place (nothing but good things) gonna have to give it a try next time I'm over there I think. And at least the US are starting to realise how good ale actually is, there's loads of it being brewed there now!

Don't think Tampopo's regular menu is halal.

Seems it's available as it would be difficult and impractical to keep separate 'For halal ask your server', but this might just be a way around the rules which I believe inform that if meat is halal it must be stated on the menu.

http://www.tampopo.co.uk/assets/pdf/main-menu.pdf#view=fit

Yea i think that was just theno trying to turn another discusion into just another excuse to rant and whinge about Muslims (because that topic doesnt get covered enough on here!)

My point re: the subterfuge surrounding the selling of halal meat has been validated in my two recent posts. Always wise to read the small print cock. ;)

There's also lots of little independent cafes and restaurants keep popping up around blackburn town centre if you look around, not so much in the mall itself. (Again you probably want find many novelty/gimmicky places)

Shyytload of chicken takeaways, Eanam has them all side by side.

There is though a new american diner themed cafe in the mall, no idea what its like(prob just your usual fast food fare)

Nothing gets past you does it ? 'American Diner' - and here's me thinking there would be a sushi conveyer in there and a tepanyaki hot plate.

There's still always El Greco's

There's a lot to be said for a traditional town centre cafe. A place where you can get pie chips and peas, bread and a pot of tea for less than a fiver. No 'themes', starred badges or musak, just value grub.

• Backroom

There's a stall at the bottom of the escalators in Blackburn market that sells lovely sandwiches.

Like a cross between a Pitta and a sandwich.

I have to say I think Blackburn is decent these days for shopping, if we wanted to pop somewhere but only had an hour or two it used to be Preston but now we prefer Blackburn.

Still prefer Manchester, Trafford or ideally Liverpool One if time and money allows though

• Moderation Lead

You are wrong about GBK. http://www.gbk.co.uk/menu#menu3

Also last time I was there five guys wasn't. Credit to them if they can survive without resorting to selling meat produced using the completely unnecessary halal slaughter method.

Five Guys is very American, and has only just expanded to these shores so I'd be surprised if they went Halal to be honest.

Not something that overly concerns me if it is or it isn't, but I've no wish to get into that discussion!

Archived