BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Areas in Blackburn

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must admit I've heard plenty of good things about Pizza Italia, bit of a trek for me for a pizza though!

Zorbas used to be good years ago as well Shaha Joli, I have been told both have gone down considerably now though, just around the corner for you

• Moderation Lead

they used to deliver, not sure if they still do

Don't think they'd deliver to Accy though unfortunately!

Yoda - taste of Italy is decent in Ossy, never really bought pizza from a takeaway often!

Don't think they'd deliver to Accy though unfortunately!

Yoda - taste of Italy is decent in Ossy, never really bought pizza from a takeaway often!

Don't know that one (taste of Italy) is it on Union road near Ossy Mills

Zorbas used to be good years ago as well Shaha Joli, I have been told both have gone down considerably now though, just around the corner for you

Shame. I used to like the Shaha Joli a lot when I lived over that side, it's just too far away now.

Sunday lunch at Northcote today. Table in the Chefs kitchen. Fantastic quality and a great dining experience but I can't believe how large the kitchen is and how many staff they have on. No wonder the bill adds up at the end.

Shame. I used to like the Shaha Joli a lot when I lived over that side, it's just too far away now.

Sunday lunch at Northcote today. Table in the Chefs kitchen. Fantastic quality and a great dining experience but I can't believe how large the kitchen is and how many staff they have on. No wonder the bill adds up at the end.

The chicken tikka jal freizy was my favourite, green and red chillies in the mix, loved it after a late night at the Auberge with a bottle of El Coto Rioja to wash it down.

Those things you mention above are unfortunate Abbey, but compared to other places in the country they're trivial matters. Where we live the local paper has regular reports of shootings and gun crime, in places very similar to Blackburn down here in the Midlands. So the odd burnt out car and mugging whilst being unfortunate, isn't exactly shooting people dead in the street.

Those things you mention above are unfortunate Abbey, but compared to other places in the country they're trivial matters. Where we live the local paper has regular reports of shootings and gun crime, in places very similar to Blackburn down here in the Midlands. So the odd burnt out car and mugging whilst being unfortunate, isn't exactly shooting people dead in the street.

Are you sure, had this debate with imy9 a while back who said it was not correct.

Are you sure, had this debate with imy9 a while back who said it was not correct.

Midlands is a massive place as we all know, Imy lives in Brum I think, but gun crime in Dudley, Sandwell and a few other places seems to be on the increase according to reports in the local press.

Midlands is a massive place as we all know, Imy lives in Brum I think, but gun crime in Dudley, Sandwell and a few other places seems to be on the increase according to reports in the local press.

Yep, it was fairly bad when I lived in Redditch, always something happening. I used to use the cash and carry's in Saltey, Edgbaston, Sandwell etc, some very uncomfortable moments with the locals at times.

They moved to Cherry Tree from their old place on Whalley New Road near the bottom of St James road

Pretty sure they'd have that virtually forced on them by the changing demography around that area.

We really do need another australia.

Pretty sure they'd have that virtually forced on them by the changing demography around that area.

We really do need another australia.

That is exactly the reason they gave me when they were planning a move

There old place was a bit of a tatty mess, its the only thing that let them down and yes I'm sure it was a good business decision to move to their new premises at the opposite side of town, I hope its working out for them over their, I imagine they had to sacrifice loosing a few good long time regulars by moving so far(relatively speaking)

I had this out with Yoda not to long ago as I think pubs and restaurants outside of the boundary still serve Blackburn, so places like Northcote Manor (Not my scene really), Yu and You (Best Chinese outside Manchester), Naga at Abbey Village and then we have Oyster and Otter, Great Village at Holly Tree, Royal oak at Riley Green, are all whats good about living in Blackburn.

I've not included Darwens eateries but they've an abundance also!

The Naga is currently listed as 1/5 for hygiene. Though it was excellent when I last went, a week or so after it's hygiene fail.

• Backroom

The Naga is currently listed as 1/5 for hygiene. Though it was excellent when I last went, a week or so after it's hygiene fail.

Maybe there's something unsavoury about their secret sauce?

You could eat your food off the floor, not sure what's gone on Shaun.

Naga has built up a good name for itself but these type of issues appear to be a recurring theme with a number of such establishments.

Could be something to do with the paper work, I cannot believe its for poor hygiene but you never know.

Could be something to do with the paper work, I cannot believe its for poor hygiene but you never know.

There's a café in Clitheroe that recently got a 1 rating, spotless inside the café and kitchen, owner angry with himself as the low rating was due to the paper work being inadequate in the assessors view.

It's a different ball game these days with systems and paper trails being required for all aspects of the preparation and serving functions in the food business.

Archived