BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Areas in Blackburn

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shyytload of chicken takeaways, Eanam has them all side by side.

Nothing gets past you does it ? 'American Diner' - and here's me thinking there would be a sushi conveyer in there and a tepanyaki hot plate.

There's a lot to be said for a traditional town centre cafe. A place where you can get pie chips and peas, bread and a pot of tea for less than a fiver. No 'themes', starred badges or musak, just value grub.

Muffins on town Hall Street is one of the few that still actually cook fresh food on the premises, as opposed to the ping establishments. Ed's dinner, wow, busy 1st 2 days now it looks like it's been sussed out!

Have you been in Liz and Lil's Yoda? I haven't but er indoors has and she really rated it.

Not yet, maybe next week, but if I hear the pinging it might be a singular visit

Sorry Al

:)

There used to be a really good greasy spoon type place next to the car park just off micing lane, I havent been there in donkeys years but they used to do the best full english around.

Liz N Lills looks like a lovely little café, exactly the kind of place id love to see more of in town, classy and cosy at the same time but without being vastly over priced and pretentious.

I actually think that there's a real good selection of outlets within a 10 walking radius of the town centre catering for most tastes and budgets, I only wish I had more time and spare dosh to try a few of the more of them, I normally only go into the town centre when there's something specific I'm after, so I don't really do much window shopping or exploring some of the smaller stores and outlets around the side streets and stuff.

Is the Sarsaparilla stall there anymore ? Used to love a glass of that as a kid

I have looked for a source of proper sarsaparilla for a long time since the market moved. If anybody knows where to get it please let me know.

I have looked for a source of proper sarsaparilla for a long time since the market moved. If anybody knows where to get it please let me know.

There is a Sarsaparilla (sasperella!) stall towards the far opposite corner as you come off the escalators. I think it's a quid for a small glass. You can buy a bottle of of it to take away with you for about £4 I think. Prices are from memory and might be wrong or have changed, as that was about a year ago. I can remember when a glass of it was 10p or 15p when I was a kid.

There is a Sarsaparilla (sasperella!) stall towards the far opposite corner as you come off the escalators. I think it's a quid for a small glass. You can buy a bottle of of it to take away with you for about £4 I think. Prices are from memory and might be wrong or have changed, as that was about a year ago. I can remember when a glass of it was 10p or 15p when I was a kid.

That would be at Walsh's in the old 3 day market. Two types available then, the fermented fizzy one and the still one. None of them tasted like dentists mouthwash TJ.

Those NHS dentists must be a bit dodgy!

That would be at Walsh's in the old 3 day market. Two types available then, the fermented fizzy one and the still one. None of them tasted like dentists mouthwash TJ.

Those NHS dentists must be a bit dodgy!

Nhs dentists are mostly just private practises that accept nhs patients, onlt you would make a snobbish comment in a gleeful way(as though its good being a snob)

As a child my mother used that as bribery to get me to go shopping with her.

Actually, they dont sell Muffins lol

The name came from the 1st owner and founder, Nigel Womack's Mum (the hairdresser)

You can get them around the King St area I believe.

My grandad used to make it himself, i dont think there's much to it.(personally i think its like drinking dentists mouthwash though)

maybe your grandfather wasn't very good at it.

As a child my mother used that as bribery to get me to go shopping with her.

You can get them around the King St area I believe.

maybe your grandfather wasn't very good at it.

You been down paradise lane again Gordon ?

Archived