BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Areas in Blackburn

The level which this MB has fallen to is absolutely unbelievable. It's now permissible to advocate executing children

Utterly disgusting. I cannot believe any sane person living in the UK thinks this right. This is the way IS behaves.

Those making such statements are no better than those they rail against.

Report the post to admin

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not your family he was inciting someone to be behead Paul. As usual you are preaching about something that has zero effect on you.

I fear that Blackburn is becoming a stronghold of terrorist activity.

That is where you are wrong Al.

The day we start shooting 15 year old kids is the day we become no better than the societies we detest.

Abbey- show me a place in the world where killing terrorists has actually solved the problem?

Changed my mind give all terrorists love and a hug

So the answer is no you can't find an example in the world where killing terrorists work?

Perhaps dealing with the root causes of terrorism is the way to go. You are not born a terrorist. You are not born evil. Work with those two ideas and perhaps you won't kill kids.

Er one example ask Kuwait after sad amines terrorists invaded .

But I agree a brew n hug will work wonders.

Keeping on topic as the thread is about Blackburn .yes I'm unaware of any terrorists that have been killed .(in Blackburn )

• Moderation Lead

Problem is, what he's done is horrendous. But if we kill the guy, then what? He definitely needs punishing without question.

Prevention is the best cure, two wrongs don't make a right.

It's not your family he was inciting someone to be behead Paul. As usual you are preaching about something that has zero effect on you.

I fear that Blackburn is becoming a stronghold of terrorist activity.

I'm not preaching about anything. I'm saying executing children puts our society on the same level as those terrorists our society is fighting against.

In answer to imy9 asking "So any person who plots to kill someone should be shot between the eyes?"

You said this:

For terrorism definitely yes.

Yes he was a terrorist and a mass murderer.

This is a straight question which it appears you have already answered. Would you support the execution of a 15 year child for plotting an act of terrorism?

If so how do you justify this action and how is it our modern society has the right to act in such a manner and at the same time condemn barbaric Muslim extremists for their own despicable acts of terror?

If people want to offer such extreme views from any side of the political or social spectrum they should expect to be challenged.

I blame the parents

I blame the parents too.

AND

Primarily a religion which espouses intolerance based on primitive beliefs.

but also....

Enoch Powell who spoke out as what he considered his duty and as a consequence had his political career wrecked by Ted Heath which in turn lead to the previously unseen phenomena of career politicians in successive governments turning a blind eye to these issues for over two generations through fear for their careers and insisting on something which history now confirms that few want ...'integration'. You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

The Local councils and Education authorities who turn a blind eye to the future well being of the nation by allowing faith schools to spring up along with unregulated islamic teaching establishments. To preach integration on one hand and on the other allow such is just stupidity and hypocrisy. Small minded people involved in local politics to blame.

The Police for being afraid to cause offence within the immigrant communities by being accused of policing too 'heavily'.

The list is endless yoda.....

You would've executed Nelson Mandela, then?

He and his fellow conspirators nearly were sentenced to death in 63. It was a toss up with leniency shown by the Judge.

Remains a moot point whether or not South Africa and it's peoples would be better off now if he had been.

I blame the parents too.

AND

Primarily a religion which espouses intolerance based on primitive beliefs.

but also....

Enoch Powell who spoke out as what he considered his duty and as a consequence had his political career wrecked by Ted Heath which in turn lead to the previously unseen phenomena of career politicians in successive governments turning a blind eye to these issues for over two generations through fear for their careers and insisting on something which history now confirms that few want ...'integration'. You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

The Local councils and Education authorities who turn a blind eye to the future well being of the nation by allowing faith schools to spring up along with unregulated islamic teaching establishments. To preach integration on one hand and on the other allow such is just stupidity and hypocrisy. Small minded people involved in local politics to blame.

The Police for being afraid to cause offence within the immigrant communities by being accused of policing too 'heavily'.

The list is endless yoda.....

Religions don't espouse intolerance. People espouse intolerance. Rights and wrongs of integration, the fact is that it is here now and we should work out ways to 'integrate better.' On the issue of faith schools, I have seen a number that are outstanding in their delivery of a high class education, there are ofcourse schools Islamic/Jewish/Christian which preach intolerance. Ban all of them, however leave them open then they ALL need to ensure a curriculum is followed that is fit for purpose in 2015.

The level which this MB has fallen to is absolutely unbelievable. It's now permissible to advocate executing children

Utterly disgusting. I cannot believe any sane person living in the UK thinks this right. This is the way IS behaves.

Those making such statements are no better than those they rail against.

There is a big world out there Paul....... Age of Criminal responsibility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_infancy#Ages_of_criminal_responsibility_by_country

btw Supposing Jihadi John was captured and it was discovered that he was 14. What would be your views then?

Abbey- show me a place in the world where killing terrorists has actually solved the problem?

Only because not enough were killed.

Anyway how about North Korea? ^_^

tbh imy I never seem to be amazed at how (or why) so many people afford disproportionately more sympathy to vile terrorists and murderers than to their innocent victims.

There is a big world out there Paul....... Age of Criminal responsibility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_infancy#Ages_of_criminal_responsibility_by_country

btw Supposing Jihadi John was captured and it was discovered that he was 14. What would be your views then?

Only because not enough were killed.

Anyway how about North Korea? ^_^

tbh imy I never seem to be amazed at how (or why) so many people afford disproportionately more sympathy to vile terrorists and murderers than to their innocent victims.

I have great sympathy for the victims. The start of the convo (from me) was about whether it was appropriate to kill a 15 year old who wanted to carry out a terrorist act.

How many terrorists have we killed in Iraq, Afghanistan etc, what's the result? More are born.

I have great sympathy for the victims. The start of the convo (from me) was about whether it was appropriate to kill a 15 year old who wanted to carry out a terrorist act.

And if he had gone on to carry it out? We'd all have wished that we had.

Long time ago but I couldn't see a way past executing Venables and Thompson. May as well have done too. However it's easily said but it must be a tough job being the actual executioner. One could soon despatch someone like West, Sutcliffe, Hindley and Brady but executing a couple of 11 year olds would certainly make anyone consider their position I expect.

Bloody hell Abbey... you must have posted that as I was typing their names!

What would you have done to the Bulger killers ?

Certainly not killed them. Something seriously wrong with both kids to have done that to little Jamie. Read As If by Blake Morrison, may not change your mind about those two boys but will certainly make you think about the case in a different way.

And if he had gone on to carry it out? We'd all have wished that we had.

Long time ago but I couldn't see a way past executing Venables and Thompson. May as well have done too. However it's easily said but it must be a tough job being the actual executioner. One could soon despatch someone like West, Sutcliffe, Hindley and Brady but executing a couple of 11 year olds would certainly make anyone consider their position I expect.

Bloody hell Abbey... you must have posted that as I was typing their names!

So are we punishing people for crimes that they may do? Dangerous path if we do. Reminds me of Minority report.

• Backroom

So are we punishing people for crimes that they may do? Dangerous path if we do. Reminds me of Minority report.

Indeed. I find it incredible that anybody would want to give the state the right to execute its own citizens. Do we really trust the Government and/or police forces enough to give them the power to decide between life or death? At present a criminal conviction, if false, can potentially be overturned and the victim given some form of renumeration for the mistake. If you've killed somebody mistakenly or through corruption nothing will bring them back.

War on terror' has always been a misnomer. You can't fight terrorism.

Correct. But you can attempt to prevent it from spreading. Putting a bullet between the eyes of 15 year-old who was planning to kill will do what, exactly? Escalate the situation, that's for sure! What message does that send out to other youths who are wrongly considering going down the same path? Furthermore cementing the idea that solutions are brought through killing people? They'll just be more motivated to do it and the situation escalates.

Parenting and education... That is how to go about it. Not sure how ABBEY makes the silly interpretation of it being "a PS4 and a cuppa tea".

Archived