BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Areas in Blackburn

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I look around Blackburn it's absolutely full of work shy pond life. Overheard just yesterday in a shop on King St (which now imo should be renamed League of Scumbag Nations St) two young men came in, one was on his phone and in the type of accent regularly featured on that dreadful Big Fat Gypsy Wedding programme instructing the person on the other end of the line to 'fek off and eat your Mothers shoite you fecking @#/?'. Not pleasant and not a care or thought for who was within earshot. Disgusting people for whom there is no salvation imo.

Tom and anyone else with children / young family and a job that allows transfers within the company my advice to you is to pack your bags and leave the area asap.

The few streets of terraced houses around that post office and infirmary street really are smack head central.

He was talking about King Street TJ, It's the same near the food bank as well, interesting how many "customers" turn up in cars

I don't go into Blackburn much these days but last week I went on a coach holiday to St Ives and we had several pick ups in Lancashire. One of these was in the area around King Street in Blackburn. What have they done to my home town? The scum of the world appears to live along there and I am ashamed to admit that Blackburn is where I come from. I haven't been to Cairo but it can't be any worse than King Street.

I don't go into Blackburn much these days but last week I went on a coach holiday to St Ives and we had several pick ups in Lancashire. One of these was in the area around King Street in Blackburn. What have they done to my home town? The scum of the world appears to live along there and I am ashamed to admit that Blackburn is where I come from. I haven't been to Cairo but it can't be any worse than King Street.

Can't they pick up at the bus station?

Oh dear I just remembered they are 1/2 way through a 20 year build programme.

They actually had 2 pick ups in Blackburn. One around King Street and one where Penny Street used to be. Do you remember it? A nice street with Reidy's Home of Music and Gray's Outfitters. No more. Just another derelict site. I repeat, what have they done to my home town? :(

• Moderation Lead

They actually had 2 pick ups in Blackburn. One around King Street and one where Penny Street used to be. Do you remember it? A nice street with Reidy's Home of Music and Gray's Outfitters. No more. Just another derelict site. I repeat, what have they done to my home town? :(

When at college, I used to get the bus home from there, after nipping into Reidy's to pick up a CD! I've not been around there for ages! The Mall isn't too bad, but I really don't have a clue what they're trying to achieve with this new bus station, nobody really seems to be happy about it!

• Moderation Lead

The market is ok but not a patch on the old 2.

Indeed. There are some fairly decent shops in the town centre, but when places like Manchester and Preston aren't that far and offer much greater choice.....

• Moderation Lead

i go to the trafford centre because theres more choice and (i know fuel costs) its free parking.

Exactly, Cheshire Oaks is the same, clobber is dirt cheap there (though granted a LOT further). In Accy there's nowhere that charges for parking, they wouldn't dare haha!

Are there any other towns in lancashire that have as much progress(all be it slow progress) going on in them than blackburn?(particularly in the town centres)

Penny street as always in my lifetime just where you went to catch the bus(and maybe pop into reidys whilst your waiting) theres never been anything special about it.

King street, again in my lifetime has always been poor, most of the housing estates leading off it are now full of imigrants(mainly polush and africans/afro Caribbean it seems) and the areas they live in never get any money spent on them by the council(or twin valley) by the looks of it.

Walking around shadsworth the other day for the 1st time in a while and it actually seems like a much nicer area than it used to be, lots of money and work being spent in that area at the minutes(no doubt triggered by the damning documentary that was filmed there a few years ago)

theres nowt to buy in accy unless you are a chav ha

Some say the same about the trafford centre tbh, ive only been thereca cpuple of times and kust been put off by how crowded it is so i couldnt judge it totally, but i doubt theres much there that you cant buy in or around Blackburn.

Some say the same about the trafford centre tbh, ive only been thereca cpuple of times and kust been put off by how crowded it is so i couldnt judge it totally, but i doubt theres much there that you cant buy in or around Blackburn.

food ? only thing blackburn has is greggs and maccys. How many town centre restraunts.

never seen sealife (pleanty of pondlife) or legoland.

build a bear, skeechers, all saints,selfridges, john lewis, debanhams etc all have more choices , lush, moss bros, disney store,dune, jack and jones,and more

apart from that

• Moderation Lead

'Some say the same about the Trafford Centre' really? :blink:

There's far more quality there, and although it isn't my favoured place, there's way more choice than in Blackburn or any Lancs town!!

No your chave os a stupid word and description. But theres definitely nothing classy or original about the trafford centre, its jist a big shopping mall full of your regular high st. Stores

Defintely not worth the hassle of going out of your why to get there far.

• Moderation Lead

I didn't mention chavs! :rover:

There's nothing original about the venue, but there are some shops you don't get elsewhere, judge for yourself: http://intu.co.uk/traffordcentre/stores

But by and large as you say, it is mostly high street stores, just with the bonus of free parking, as Abbey highlighted.

Archived