BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Areas in Blackburn

To be honest I think its all a bit parochial(if thats the right word) of us all to really compare towns and villages like ours that are all so close together, I think we should just be happy that we're lucky to live in a part of the world were we have so many opportunities career and lifestyle wise as well as the incredible bonus that the area/landscape itself as so rich, stunning and full of great history(a few relatively good footy teams as well apparently)

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely pal, but I think living in Blackburn gives you access to plenty of good places to eat In the town itself but also a multitude of great places around the immediate area which includes Astley Village!

How about around the Bastwell and Little Harwood areas for fine wine and food Gav?

Brownhill is only up the road from both those areas and is one of the best areas for pups in Blackburn right now(or so I'm told by the youngNs in my family, not much of a drinker myself)

Why is brownhill such a good place for buying dogs ?

• Backroom

I consider Darwen to be part of Blackburn Mike :tu:

Don't :P It's a separate town with a separate identity. Gandhi didn't visit 'part of Blackburn' and there's an established boundary between the towns still.

Brownhill is only up the road from both those areas and is one of the best areas for pubs in Blackburn right now(or so I'm told by the youngNs in my family, not much of a drinker myself)

The Brownhill and 'the Rising Dead' are the only 2 pubs open in Brownhill and both are dreadful. On or off Whalley New Road inside a mile the Stanley has closed as has the Bastwell, the Cemetery, the Seven Trees and the Bulls Head.

As for PUBs, i do think there are probably enough decent pubs around for those that want them(although you may have to walk a further to get to them) but the fact is that in the last 10/15 years our culture has changed and not many people want to spend there evenings(and money) just drinking the night away as they did in the past, admittedly i think the smoking ban influenced that change quite a lot though, There's just more to do now than just go to the pub and drink, Also it seems that a lot more people prefer to just stay home and watch something good on tv or mess about online far more than they used to now that there is so much content to view or get involved with.

if you'd actually have read the sentence right until the end it would have been obvious, but clearly you just stopped reading as soon as you so a bit you could mock a little, but hey hoo nothing new

and as ever yoda is never far behind you.

Chill out dude, it was humour not mocking you per se

:tu:

How about around the Bastwell and Little Harwood areas for fine wine and food Gav?

Some great takeaways Gordon, kebabish is very good, you should try it.

The Brownhill and 'the Rising Dead' are the only 2 pubs open in Brownhill and both are dreadful. On or off Whalley New Road inside a mile the Stanley has closed as has the Bastwell, the Cemetery, the Seven Trees and the Bulls Head.

Working mans club in Bastwell, St Marks is it, but don't let facts get in the way.

Working mans club in Bastwell, St Marks is it, but don't let facts get in the way.

I find the chicken a bit dry there, the fried chicken at Roe Lee on the main road is better (Nik Ghanji's place, the original owner of the Hawelli at Copy Nook)

I have. Twice. And it isn't.

Anyway do you not feel funny getting stared at and some people reverting to speaking in foreign tongues whilst you are eating?

Paranoid much!

Its impossible to sit in a restaurant and not accidentally catch at least one persons eye over the course of a meal and in this case i bet what you was thinking about this person is nothing compared to whatever that person may(or more likely may not) of said about you.

I have. Twice. And it isn't.

Anyway do you not feel funny getting stared at and some people reverting to speaking in foreign tongues whilst you are eating?

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Have you been to the pizza place across from the station pub at Chery Tree? great pizzas made by hand whilst you wait, but the brothers argue in Italian but swear at each other in 'Blackburn' very funny at times :lol:

I find the chicken a bit dry there, the fried chicken at Roe Lee on the main road is better (Nik Ghanji's place, the original owner of the Hawelli at Copy Nook)

Is that right? I used to go to Hawelli, I'll give that a go next time I'm around Yoda.

• Backroom

Have you been to the pizza place across from the station pub at Chery Tree? great pizzas made by hand whilst you wait, but the brothers argue in Italian but swear at each other in 'Blackburn' very funny at times :lol:

I may visit on that basis alone!

Is that right? I used to go to Hawelli, I'll give that a go next time I'm around Yoda.

I may visit on that basis alone!

They moved to Cherry Tree from their old place on Whalley New Road near the bottom of St James road, they used to argue in Italian there as well, well funny sometimes, took her indoors to watch them making the pizzas in the old place, following week we had pizzas every day while she perfected making them at home lol

Pizza italia its called, really good quality italian takeaway pizzas(and other italian dishes) unlike most takaways around here that seem to all use that artificial cheese instead of mozzarella, also they're one of the few pizza places where you can get actual ham(pork) on your pizza as most Asian run takaways around here just use some kind of turkey ham for obvious reasons(which tastes fine in its self but isnt the same as real ham)

I've not ordered from pizza italia since they moved up cherry tree but there prices where pretty good, especially considering the quality.

Archived