BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans vs Fans

Wondered what people's thoughts are on fans getting aggressive towards each other...

Yesterday in the Blackburn End a few yards from where I sit there was quite a heated exchange between a few people that I thought was going to boil over into a fight (thank god it didn't).

Now, I know people have their own opinions on the game and decisions made by players and the referee but to go to the extent that I witnessed yesterday where it was close to fighting with your own fans is pretty grim...

If you can't go to the football and control yourself then I reckon you should stay away!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Tbh-near where I sit, there's one guy who always has a cap and glasses on who must be the thickest, angriest man alive, and has a few disciples that know about as much as he does.

He only seems happy when he's complaining.

He laments the slightest things, and is so reluctant to praise.

It's quite alarming how someone that watches so much football, can actually know so little about the game. Thing is as well, there are plenty like him....

Yesterday I had a bloke behind me and as soon as Rovers got within 35 yards of goal he shouted shoot and when they quite sensibly passed it he just moaned that we were trying to walk the ball in. For example when Kane had a shot from about 25 yards out yesterday that went miles over he started clapping madly and said to his mate next to him what a good effort it was.

Tbh-near where I sit, there's one guy who always has a cap and glasses on who must be the thickest, angriest man alive, and has a few disciples that know about as much as he does.

He only seems happy when he's complaining.

He laments the slightest things, and is so reluctant to praise.

It's quite alarming how someone that watches so much football, can actually know so little about the game. Thing is as well, there are plenty like him....

I've got a little clique led by one identical gobjocky like that right in front of me in the riverside,

The main cause of this for me is fans who think they know better than professionals. The type of fans basically who insist on instructing the players throughout the match then go ballistic when the players do something different and it doesn't pay off. For example:

We have possession in defence - "Get it forward!" - the ball's passed along the back - fan goes ballistic

We have possession in midfield - "Get it wide!" - the player runs with the ball into space in front of him - fan goes ballistic

We have possession anywhere in the final third - "Shoot!" - player doesn't take a pointless pot-shot from 25 yards - fan goes ballistic

This type of fan usually likes to instruct the manager as well. Starts/joins in songs for subs they think Bowyer should be making. Groan angrily if a defensive sub is made, or a player who's done well gets taken off. Occasional chants for 4-4-2 if we're not already playing it.

Personally I've no problem with fans having an opinion, as long as they recognise it for what it is, amateur. Giving it on here or to the person next to you at the ground is fine, yelling it at the players/manager is idiotic and arrogant, and is main cause of arguments cause surprise surprise, not everyone is gonna agree with a loudmouth amateur.

During the two games over christmas, Sheffield and Birmingham, i witnessed some sad supporting that i never seen before. Some people around us laughed when Birmingham scored and seemed only happy when we lost the ball or missed a shot. Even when Rhodes scored his second against Birmingham i heard complaints, i know that i dont attend more then five games every season so maybe not a fair reflection but from my feeling the atmosphere has gone from bad to worse.

During the two games over christmas, Sheffield and Birmingham, i witnessed some sad supporting that i never seen before. Some people around us laughed when Birmingham scored and seemed only happy when we lost the ball or missed a shot. Even when Rhodes scored his second against Birmingham i heard complaints, i know that i dont attend more then five games every season so maybe not a fair reflection but from my feeling the atmosphere has gone from bad to worse.

Noticed the same in the JW over christmas.

what gets me more than anything, is when we have possesion and keep hold of the ball and someone makes a backwards pass and people moan..........WE STILL HAVE THE BALL FFS!!

Does my head in that. I think many peoples knowledge of football stems from Roy Race stories.

Extremely sad.

Violence and aggression is the language of the caveman idiot.

If you can't control your aggression, then stay away from arenas where families are present.

What is so special about families being present. If the families are so upset then go in the designated areas for families

why do the English argue, threaten each other with violence then do nothing? what do you get out of it, besides looking foolish? it is only a game, i know its gets very heated because something people love ie the club and its team, but its a strange one, as it only happens in certain sports. its very rare that people will react like that in cricket, unless its the English team :)

Archived