BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets and Stand Closures

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The comms guy has task on his hands!

Hopefully Prince Phil will have his obnoxious head on, a few choice words like "wasn't this club in the Prem for 10yrs before you bought it" would be nice lol

If they did go to the game it would only turn what has been a relatively calm and neutral atmosphere at ewood this season back into another freak show, which would likely just cast a shadow over the close season.

They could NOT turn up in cavalcade of Royal Bentleys for a start then watch from inside. If they can smuggle their way to see the Queen then they can sneak in and out of Ewood. Adverse publicity has never bothered them before anyway.

People slag them off for not coming, but want them to come to slag them off. Im no big Venkys fan but it makes no sense at all.

They should go to the match and make some statements of intent towards their baby

If they were there inside their box then people would know they were there but there would be little protest or derision able to be directed at them anyway. The only real anger directed at them at Ewood when they've been present was when they turned up ala the Royal family and copped a snowball an a mumble of abuse outside then anger when they upped and left again on 65 mins. Every other time there has been nowt. You cannot excuse them managing to fly all this way to brown nose the Queen then not even stay for their clubs game.

People slag them off for not coming, but want them to come to slag them off. Im no big Venkys fan but it makes no sense at all.

What's wrong with that it is at least showing a modicum of interest towards the club surely ?

I know what you mean, but the way it is now is the way I like it, they are putting the relevant money in, not speaking and not attending.

Could you clarify that a bit, I honestly don't understand what you mean and where it is coming from

It's been said they ain't even staying for the game tomorrow, not sure if true but if that's the case then even their most diehard lovers on here might finally wise up. They don't give a flying fig about OUR club.

They may not give a fig about the club but they are paying the bills at the moment. Without that there would be no club to go and support tomorrow.

Could you clarify that a bit, I honestly don't understand what you mean and where it is coming from

I don't know where it is coming from, Venkys one would have to assume, the fact is the wages are being paid, transfer money has been available and the bills are being paid.

They may not give a fig about the club but they are paying the bills at the moment. Without that there would be no club to go and support tomorrow.

I wondered how long it would take for these replies. They are legally obligated to do this anyway, I doubt very much it's through choice. Olsson,Dann and Hoilet have been outgoings to the tune of 5 mill+ this season, that's income. Money was borrowed in advance from the parachute payment pot. There is no way in hell they are writing cheques to the tune of 1 or 2 mill a month to keep the club afloat, that would be financial suicide even for millionaires. The bank of India overdraft and no amount of ducking and diving will be keeping the club going for now.

I wondered how long it would take for these replies. They are legally obligated to do this anyway, I doubt very much it's through choice. Olsson,Dann and Hoilet have been outgoings to the tune of 5 mill+ this season, that's income. Money was borrowed in advance from the parachute payment pot. There is no way in hell they are writing cheques to the tune of 1 or 2 mill a month to keep the club afloat, that would be financial suicide even for millionaires. The bank of India overdraft and no amount of ducking and diving will be keeping the club going for now.

I thought Junior Hoillet left last season, could be wrong though. Blackburn Rovers and probably every club to be relegated while it's been in place, borrowing money in advance from the parachute payment pot.

I thought Junior Hoillet left last season, could be wrong though. Blackburn Rovers and probably every club to be relegated while it's been in place, borrowing money in advance from the parachute payment pot.

Yes although I thought the compo for him came later, may wrong. Yes borrowing in advance is not new along with other forms of short term funding for clubs. That's my point there are ways and means of funding and most clubs do it and we don't know just how our club is being funded but some just assume these lot our ploughing their loose dough in every week. Just my opinion but I doubt very very much that is the case and i'll be grateful to these lot for nothing.

Yes although I thought the compo for him came later, may wrong. Yes borrowing in advance is not new along with other forms of short term funding for clubs. That's my point there are ways and means of funding and most clubs do it and we don't know just how our club is being funded but some just assume these lot our ploughing their loose dough in every week. Just my opinion but I doubt very very much that is the case and i'll be grateful to these lot for nothing.

You may well be right on the compensation now you mention it. Totally agree on being grateful for nothing and the sooner we are rid the better. My original comment was more to say I can understand why the don't come to Ewood and I'm not bothered that they don't. One of the main plus points of the last 12 months for me has been the lack of a negative atmosphere on a matchday.

You may well be right on the compensation now you mention it. Totally agree on being grateful for nothing and the sooner we are rid the better. My original comment was more to say I can understand why the don't come to Ewood and I'm not bothered that they don't. One of the main plus points of the last 12 months for me has been the lack of a negative atmosphere on a matchday.

Ok pal I take your points. I know what your saying about them attending and your right it has been a plus point this season. I'd almost forgot about them which is good but this latest stunt has just reminded me of the brass neck of them and got me riled again. My own fault :)

So they walk away today who pays the bills tomorrow? Bottom line is nobody knows how they are funding the club. However, the Walker Trust spent years trying to find a buyer when we were well run and debts were small. Venky's aren't going to give it away they will want a return. We might not like them but without them the club shuts the gates full stop.

Archived