BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets and Stand Closures

If the papers were reporting that Rovers were charging fans for non-use of purchased tickets and IGNORING the £80 season ticket, I think that would be pretty foolish.

Plus to clarify, you may be right about 99% of EXISTING supporters who no longer attend but does that mean we shouldn't try to attract new / non-Venkys hating supporters?

People harking back to how JW used to deal with it are not factoring in that he was able to draw on the lure of PL football in his calculations.

Any suggestions as to how we might fill the ground? Or should we just not bother? I guess there are some who PREFER smaller crowds, and who will pay 'whatever it costs' because it boosts their superfan status. (Not aimed at you, Andy). But the fact is that some of the people who used to attend Ewood Park on a match day no longer do because they don't think that PL prices are value for money for Championship opposition and League One Rovers players. Those people might come back if they could watch live football for peanuts. The only real losers of a full Ewood Park are Stanley and Chorley fans, anyway. The actual cost implications (to Venkys) are trivial compared to the losses being sustained.

It's a moot point anyway but I guess we will just have to continue to watch home attendances plummet and close sections of the ground then. :(

/thread

Thats just so wrong! How on earth could you not know that BRFC have not charged Premier League prices for years?

When we were in the Prem for the last few years it was cheaper for a ST at Ewood than at Deepdale, Turf Moor and the Reebok. BRFC supporters have not been in the real world with ST prices for nigh on a decade.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats just so wrong! How on earth could you not know that BRFC have not charged Premier League prices for years?

When we were in the Prem for the last few years it was cheaper for a ST at Ewood than at Deepdale, Turf Moor and the Reebok. BRFC supporters have not been in the real world with ST prices for nigh on a decade.

And thank chuff they have not . Its been hard enough for me personally so cheap tickets have been a godsend.

I don't think the above table tells the whole story, BBC 5Live had a phone in a while ago about prices, some great

deals around even in the Prem, plenty saying they had got family tickets for less than £400, 2 adults 2 kids etc,

Others with good discounts for early purchase.

The vast majority of clubs doing good deals, not much spare money around for most folk these last few years,

times are tough !

Not for the players they aren't.

And thank chuff they have not . Its been hard enough for me personally so cheap tickets have been a godsend.

I've no doubt about that Abbey but times must have been even tougher for PNE's, Burnley's and Bolton's "Abbeys".

Well said Abs !

Used to be about the same price as a cinema ticket, problem for millions of people now is they have

very little job security, thanks to the weak employment laws that Tory Blair and Tory Cameron have

encouraged, and the ' cheap labour ' that has flooded the country.

It's a race to the bottom except for the rich, which obviously includes the players, managers and many of the

coaches in football, I'm not giving them my money at the moment and I'm not sure that will change any time soon.

Well said Abs !

Used to be about the same price as a cinema ticket, problem for millions of people now is they have

very little job security, thanks to the weak employment laws that Tory Blair and Tory Cameron have

Things don't follow like that though do they? A pint of beer, a loaf of bread and a pint of milk used to be very much in line.

btw...... UKIP can count on your vote I take it?

We do let other family members use our tickets whenever we can't attend if possible, but frankly I'd rather pay more for my ticket in the first place and not pay extra if nobody can attend. How would they collect it anyway? refuse you entry if you didn't pay at the turnstiles? Difficult if you had a legitimate ticket for that match?And I'd not be daft enough to give them my credit card details.

It would need to be in the Ts&Cs.

Look, I'm sure there are loads of reasons people would vote against it but frankly I don't want to see rows and rows of empty seat - nor stand (full or partial) closures. I don't care if they are empty but paid for, that's the whole point. So may well want to pay more so you can decide whether or not you go to games. I'm sure price is a major factor to a lot of people though.

But a cheap-as-chips deal would be pointless and counter-productive if people simply bought blocks of seats and left them empty for several matches, as has been suggested.

Hypothetically, how would you propose we FILL the ground, gumboots? ('Protest stay-aways' excepted).

Things don't follow like that though do they? A pint of beer, a loaf of bread and a pint of milk used to be very much in line.

btw...... UKIP can count on your vote I take it?

2 hrs entertainment surely that's what they both offer.

UKIP Oh yeah sure, bunch of right wing Tories not afraid to be called racists. many tories I know would

love Cameron to be little more like them, I will be voting ' Real Labour ' if one stands, if not I'll spoil my

ballot paper.

You know exactly what I mean: Rovers PL prices. It's all relative, dontcha know. :rolleyes:

People had a price point to watch PL football at Ewood. Allardyce and Williams played that particular numbers game very well, and our average gates were, what, 25k?

Regardless of the economics of losing PL TV money, Joe Public won't fork out the same money (or more) for a vastly inferior product. You can pontificate all you like but of those 10-15k now stating away, I would say that those blaming Venkys are the vocal majority and genuine minority. (Yes, I know, Abs).

The actual majority would say "I'm not paying to watch 0-0 at home to Yeovil what I used to pay to watch United, Liverpool, Chelsea et al". (Well they might not say "et al").

Sure that means they are plastic fans, of course), but I'd argue we had 5-10k plastics watching Allardyce's Rovers and the atmosphere and experience was a damned sight better for it. You'll be telling me next it was because we were winning more and that everyone would have paid £500 each.

Other than not having to queue for a ticket on the day, what advantage does a ST then give you, other than to fight the bloke you used to sit next to for the seat you've sat in for the last 50 years!

Sorry, I wasn't fully clear. One price season ticket everywhere. One price match day ticket everywhere. Season tickets to work out cheaper than if buying on a match to match basis as they always have been.

Not being able to have our specific seats would be an inconvenience as my son ideally needs an aisle seat.

Fair enough Paul. Maybe certain season tickets in a few allocated seats for fans with issues. However with reams and reams of empty blue seasts everywhere, I think most folk will get a seat to their liking without too much fuss.

..... problem for millions of people now is they have very little job security, thanks to the weak employment laws that Tory Blair and Tory Cameron have

UKIP Oh yeah sure, bunch of right wing Tories not afraid to be called racists. many tories I know would

love Cameron to be little more like them, I will be voting ' Real Labour ' if one stands, if not I'll spoil my

ballot paper.

How very odd when you you and Nigel Farage hold the same 'racist' opinions*. Don't you want people in power who actually represent you and reflect your views?

* I don't really mean you are racist btw :tu: but according to much of the Lab / Tory press's smear campaign Farage and UKIP's views on migrant workers are racist. I've absolutely no idea how they can say that without looking stupid when 99% of the East Europeans are white caucasians too! Weird huh? Or rather just another last resort excuse to raise racist arguments when an argument is being lost. We see it on ICBINF quite often.

You know exactly what I mean: Rovers PL prices. It's all relative, dontcha know. :rolleyes:

People had a price point to watch PL football at Ewood. Allardyce and Williams played that particular numbers game very well, and our average gates were, what, 25k?

Regardless of the economics of losing PL TV money, Joe Public won't fork out the same money (or more) for a vastly inferior product. You can pontificate all you like but of those 10-15k now stating away, I would say that those blaming Venkys are the vocal majority and genuine minority. (Yes, I know, Abs).

The actual majority would say "I'm not paying to watch 0-0 at home to Yeovil what I used to pay to watch United, Liverpool, Chelsea et al". (Well they might not sat "et al").

Sure that means they are plastic fans, of course) but I'd argue we had 5-10k plastics watching Allardyce's Rovers and the atmosphere and experience was a damned sight better for it. You'll be telling me next it was because we were winning more and that everyone would have paid £500 each.

No it was a conundrum. Lowering season ticket prices was fine in principle whilst we had 50m pa shovelled into our bank account every season but the danger was that relegation and the subsequent perceived lower standard of entertainment plus a re-entry into the real world of football finances would necessitate a rise in ST prices! Putting resentment and recriminations aside the Venkymob have subbed ST's for two seasons! Sooner or later we will have to face reallity and pay the going rate. Sooner prob if the venkys sell to the two Ian's or Wayne's World or whoever ...... if we are still around that is.

How very odd when you you and Nigel Farage hold the same 'racist' opinions*. Don't you want people in power who actually represent you and reflect your views?

* I don't really mean you are racist btw :tu: but according to much of the Lab / Tory press's smear campaign Farage and UKIP's views on migrant workers are racist. I've absolutely no idea how they can say that without looking stupid when 99% of the East Europeans are white caucasians too! Weird huh? Or rather just another last resort excuse to raise racist arguments when an argument is being lost. We see it on ICBINF quite often.

I agree it's ridiculous that the Tory press complain about UKIP'S views, after all they've never liked ' Johnny Foreigner ' have they ?

Btw you know full well that racism doesn't have to be just about colour.

No it was a conundrum. Lowering season ticket prices was fine in principle whilst we had 50m pa shovelled into our bank account every season but the danger was that relegation and the subsequent perceived lower standard of entertainment plus a re-entry into the real world of football finances would necessitate a rise in ST prices! Putting resentment and recriminations aside the Venkymob have subbed ST's for two seasons! Sooner or later we will have to face reallity and pay the going rate. Sooner prob if the venkys sell to the two Ian's or Wayne's World or whoever ...... if we are still around that is.

But conundrum or no, they both (Allardyce and Williams) recognised the benefit of a full stadium,

They dug a hole and planned for survival. Venkys dug a hole within the hole and didn't plan at all.

But, as the old saying goes, we are where we are. Venkys want promotion on the cheap (apparently) and are footing the bill for the difference. As long as this continues there is an argument for filling the ground particularly if we are only talking another half mil for the season. £80 season tickets, one kids free with per adult with some kind of 'consequence' for leaving your seat empty.

If Venkys leave and "RTAG+" are left to pick up the pieces then, if they successfully negotiate a plan for our debt, then we need a different ticket sales model.

And it won't be on a par with Bolton and Wigan, it will be more akin to Accrington and Chorley.

I agree it's ridiculous that the Tory press complain about UKIP'S views, after all they've never liked ' Johnny Foreigner ' have they ?

Btw you know full well that racism doesn't have to be just about colour.

Indeed I do. That is not racism, that is Colour Prejudice. Racism is discrimination of people based on race.

Sad thread this is :( just yet another huge reminder how much damage these loons, Kean/Anderson and other assorted parasites have done to this club. We have one of the most sensitive fanbases in England and always have for some reason. No matter what small tokens of good work they may accidently bumble upon in the short term the damage looks terminal. We will never return to what we were even just 4 yrs ago. Are you watching D.O.C ? Put this thread in your daily email to the head honcho in chickenville.

PL football is glittering to any fan base, irrespective of sex, gender, race. It gets the juices flowing as we know. Looking back we needed a tight 32,000 seater stadium for that very thing. Jack's vision went beyond that. Wow it was exciting at the time watching the biggest stanchion in Europe being hoisted to form his stand.

Many folk have let down his vision, and we have a very good insight into a clique of individuals identity. Shame is the word, but they just count their money, I agree shocking.

I didn't know it was to be 41.

Now that was ambitious !

What was his motto ' Think Big ' wasn't it ?

It was to mirror his stand - as I've said a mock up still exists somewhere in the stadium.

It was to mirror his stand - as I've said a mock up still exists somewhere in the stadium.

I remember excited chatter at the start of Venkys reign [of terror] that they might finish the job. More chance of them replacing the Riverside with giant mirror than rebuilding the stand.

In fact, pack everyone into two and a half stands and stick a big mirror up... I think I've just solved our conundrum, gumboots! :lol:

I remember excited chatter at the start of Venkys reign [of terror] that they might finish the job. More chance of them replacing the Riverside with giant mirror than rebuilding the stand.

In fact, pack everyone into two and a half stands and stick a big mirror up... I think I've just solved our conundrum, gumboots! :lol:

Stuart! They, the ones we don't mention, would then turn up, just to look at themselves!

Archived