BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets and Stand Closures

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Article in today's LET saying the stand has passed all safety criteria and there are no plans to upgrade the stand...rather disappointing imo.

Theres no need for an upgrade its about doing essential maintenance that will keep the stand open for years to come from now.

What are they going to do about it ?

Club has said this morning that information on season tickets will be released imminently.

Bizarre really when every other club in the Championship has been selling them for months. Even those in the play-offs who don't know what league they are going to be in next season have been shifting season tickets for some time whilst as usual Rovers are the last to make prices known.

They should have unveiled season ticket prices on the big screen after the full time whistle on Saturday.

Club has said this morning that information on season tickets will be released imminently.

Bizarre really when every other club in the Championship has been selling them for months. Even those in the play-offs who don't know what league they are going to be in next season have been shifting season tickets for some time whilst as usual Rovers are the last to make prices known.

They should have unveiled season ticket prices on the big screen after the full time whistle on Saturday.

Had we been promoted existing season ticket holders knew what they would be paying so the only announcement should have been for non season ticket holders if we went up or the new price for all if we stayed down. Burnley announced their prices long before the end of the season but then again the are literally in a different league to us, on and off the field.

Just the same as last season, infact I think they were announced even later. Were we not the only club in the UK to not have them on sale at one point ? Hopefully they are tossing around some great ideas to get the place more full but more likely they are just waiting for Pune to sign things off when they can be assed !

more likely they are just waiting for Pune to sign things off when they can be assed !

I'd say that was pretty likely.

"So, that was the 2013/14 season summary for the Blackburn Rovers business unit, thank you Gareth - I was particularly interested to hear about how well your new signing Justin Lowe is doing. Sounds like he will be a valuable asset being that he was once captain of the England team.

Now, agenda item 34... season ticket prices... Derek...?"

I'd say that was pretty likely.

"So, that was the 2013/14 season summary for the Blackburn Rovers business unit, thank you Gareth - I was particularly interested to hear about how well your new signing Justin Lowe is doing. Sounds like he will be a valuable asset being that he was once captain of the England team.

Now, agenda item 34... season ticket prices... Derek...?"

:)

Derek is trying to delay the India meeting so as to see if Knob End get promoted which he will then say " Madame we must price our ST's double what this new club charges so as to give them a chance, also great leader it's probably a good idea to charge PNE fans £1 per ticket at Ewood and let them have half the ground. they like the job you've done at Blackburn and will bring Venky banners, it'll be great publicity, Mr Everton agrees" :huh:

To be fair I would hardly say it was a farce. We have only known what league we will be in since Saturday, so an announcement during the week seem reasonable enough due to the PL pledge having an impact on what existing ST holders will pay.

To be fair I would hardly say it was a farce. We have only known what league we will be in since Saturday, so an announcement during the week seem reasonable enough due to the PL pledge having an impact on what existing ST holders will pay.

Announcing the prices late also reduces the scope for having 'early bird' prices

I'd also like to see reduction for loyalty ie 10% off after holding a season ticket for ten years, 20% after 20 years etc

I've had mine for 24 years. Can I have 24% off and I won't complain if they jump up in price :D

The yearly season ticket farce shows how far behind we are off the field still. Conference standard management/ownership structure.

Please correct me if wrong - but even under JW - we always waited until we knew which division we would be in prior to releasing ticket prices. I do agree with one poster - the pricing structure should have been agreed and at the end of the match the prices could be put on the big screen. Even leave the ticket office open late to encourage people to buy straight away. Having said all that - no different to how I remember prior to the Raos taking over.

Let's see when they do actually go on sale.

Please correct me if wrong - but even under JW - we always waited until we knew which division we would be in prior to releasing ticket prices. I do agree with one poster - the pricing structure should have been agreed and at the end of the match the prices could be put on the big screen. Even leave the ticket office open late to encourage people to buy straight away. Having said all that - no different to how I remember prior to the Raos taking over.

Is it so difficult to have 2 strategies already agreed depending on the league we're in?

Presumably though good businesses don't have two lots of publicity all printed and ready to go.

Printed publicity wasn't the issue mentioned. It was about a one page presentation to be aired on the big screen. One for each scenario, showing relevant prices could have been cobbled together in a matter of minutes.

Why is there this desperate desire to spend some money? Even if the season ticket details had been published on Saturday I wouldn't have done anything about it until the deadline for season ticket holders, probably the end of June, unless there was some financial incentive for early purchase. Do people really believe that some fans would have bought a season ticket on Saturday but will not do when details come out a few days later?

Why is there this desperate desire to spend some money? Even if the season ticket details had been published on Saturday I wouldn't have done anything about it until the deadline for season ticket holders, probably the end of June, unless there was some financial incentive for early purchase. Do people really believe that some fans would have bought a season ticket on Saturday but will not do when details come out a few days later?

Spot on. It's the same every year, people complaining about the "late" news on prices. I suspect there will be a high correlation with the people who then post "they aren't getting my money until the last possible moment." Some of this would be as a `protest' and some will be people saying they can't afford it yet.

Then there's who those say they can't afford it because the info has been released too late. That one is a particularly silly argument, but someone will trot it out totally seriously.

Oh and the other really daft one that will be (or maybe it already has) spouted "we're the laughing stock of football" for not having tickets on sale. The rest of the entire footballing world must have not a lot else to do if it collectively tracks every clubs ticketing practices, and there must be a real paucity of thinks to mock if this is something that is laughing stock material.

Earlier the better for those who use the direct debit scheme which many do.

Well I'd say its probably the same with selling anything, if its on sale longer then more will be sold. There could be a number of reasons some people are more inclined to buy one in May rather than August, off the top of my head people who haven't booked a last minute holiday yet.

I think people get more worked up about it now because the chances are the delay isn't down to some essential strategy that is still being carefully constructed. Its because Venkys have given the impression since they set foot in the door that they couldn't organise a p*** up in a brewery. Getting STs out early on would be a nice indication they've improved somewhat.

I think it's the fact that it shows a lack of organisation and forethought rather than the rest of the excuses that people have brought up. If you intend to buy one then put the money somewhere where you won't be tempted to spend it. If you use the DD scheme then I agree it could do with being earlyish so you don't start paying late and have to pay another lot too soon afterwards, but for the rest of us, it really isn't a big issue, other than being another sign that there is no forward planning.

Archived