BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets and Stand Closures

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect the figure of 13,000 may well be a typical burnley over exaggeration re their support as oppose to the actual figure sold in the early bird scheme.

I would find it remarkable if they had sold that figure in the early bird period, considering they had 12,000 at home to Doncaster in the same period! It would mean a decent number have purchased season tickets for next season, having not been at the games either as season ticket holders or paying on the day!

I am not being pedantic with yourself Perth. I just like to dispel the myth that Burnley are a brilliantly supported team. Their attendances were poor this season; let's hope this continues and gets exposed in the premier league.

No problem DB, well aware of the Dingles triple vision when crowd counting :) as I used the word apparently when relaying what has been said about the season ticket sales on their forums,

The LET are reporting today that the number already sold is 12500 http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/11211596.Burnley_chief_executive_defends_season_ticket_price_rise/

Where has the impatience come from?

I can recall, even during the walker years, not getting the renewal packs until mid june and the kits only just about making it into the club shop by mid july.

Enjoy your summer

No problems with Dingles pricing policy, they rewarded fans who committed to buying a season season ticket before they got up by having an early bird season ticket offer which ended on 31st March, now they are charging a premium price for those that wouldn't commit until they knew for sure that they would be in the Premier League.

I am sure that will be the club's case, Kamy. Low wage local economy would have meant a number of non glory hunter supporters just couldn't find the money before their early bird deadline.Maybe they should go the whole hog and get Wonga as their shirt sponsor!

Interesting to see how this will go down on top of fans' previous perceptions. The Dingles I know were very critical with the way the directors handled premier league finance last time.

I am more frustrated that Bowyer can't start his transfer dealings because he is waiting for a date when Venkys will let him visit India.

But delays in season ticket announcement are not great either. The team finished the season with some good performances - creating a bit of positivity, which the club could have benefited from if it had put next years season tickets up for sale early. Another trick missed in my opinion.

Presumably the prices for season tickets cannot be announced until the meetings in Pune have taken place next week and Madame authorises the prices and budgets.

A very strange way of doing business, but it has been the same for the last 3 years with us later than everyone else in announcing prices.

A repeat of last season's pledge would be welcome, along with an a minimal increase, although I appreciate that as a Rovers fan I have enjoyed very cheap season tickets over the last five years and that this may not continue indefinitely. I hope others do and don't throw their toys out of the pram if prices do go up.

Why is it toys out of pram ?

If it's crosses the affordability line then it crosses it . It's not as black n white as dummy spitting . The latest happy clapping super fans are pathetic in their self righteous bull .

from a business point of view (and as ST money plays a bigger part of the club turnover) the prices will have to go up at some point, unless of course we can get promoted then the mega bucks a PL team gets can be used to continue the subsidising of ST's.

Like it or not, the club is a business and the business needs to generate funds - the biggest of which (apart from parachute payments) is ST money. Doesn't make me a superfan Abbey, it just makes me realistic.

I wasn't referring to affordability, I was referring to those who would refuse to renew their season ticket if there was any price increase, because some people have grown accustomed to £225 season tickets and expect the club to keep prices down indefinitely. I appreciate that we have been very lucky in recent years with prices and that the club would not be unreasonable to put prices up to a level more in keeping with other Championship sides.

If they were to put prices up by say £50 that would not be unreasonable. We would still have cheap season tickets by football league standards. Yet some would immediately see the words 'price increase' and be up in arms that the club has dared to increase prices to watch Championship football.

from a business point of view (and as ST money plays a bigger part of the club turnover) the prices will have to go up at some point, unless of course we can get promoted then the mega bucks a PL team gets can be used to continue the subsidising of ST's.

Like it or not, the club is a business and the business needs to generate funds - the biggest of which (apart from parachute payments) is ST money. Doesn't make me a superfan Abbey, it just makes me realistic.

Being realistic doesn't make it affordable though.

I am more frustrated that Bowyer can't start his transfer dealings because he is waiting for a date when Venkys will let him visit India.

But delays in season ticket announcement are not great either. The team finished the season with some good performances - creating a bit of positivity, which the club could have benefited from if it had put next years season tickets up for sale early. Another trick missed in my opinion.

My worry too. If that really is the case, then it is an inexcusable delay.

People have their own views on realistic/affordable/value for money ST prices and you'll never get everyone to agree... I'm sure the delay is just down to the fact that the prices are waiting to be rubber stamped and nobody at Ewood wants to lose their job by reminding them about it.

The delay reinforces the continued belief by many of where Rovers on are the list of priorities for Venkys - ie. not very high up!

People have their own views on realistic/affordable/value for money ST prices and you'll never get everyone to agree... I'm sure the delay is just down to the fact that the prices are waiting to be rubber stamped and nobody at Ewood wants to lose their job by reminding them about it.

The delay reinforces the continued belief by many of where Rovers on are the list of priorities for Venkys - ie. not very high up!

not very high at all until the parachute money finally runs out and when a transfer embargo kicks in due to FFP ( if that happens as still legal challenges ) then certain people still lurking in the background with agent links and I don't mean the ex highbury tannoy announcer will stop taking a cut of moving players in and out...Then there is no monetry value or any cash reason legally left in Rovers I bet they bail out.......leaving us high and dry.....unless Rovers get promoted....

Archived