BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets and Stand Closures

It wasn't an announcement Paul it was a response to a question asked of him on twitter.

Rovers announcements always appear on the club website before anywhere else (except BRFCS.COM of course).

For me, Rovers now have to be proactive and target elements of our missing fans, we have seen a slow return of support and it needs to gain momentum like the team is on the pitch.

Its now a time to leave all criticism behind and move forward, its the only way of doing it.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't an announcement Paul it was a response to a question asked of him on twitter.

Rovers announcements always appear on the club website before anywhere else (except BRFCS.COM of course).

For me, Rovers now have to be proactive and target elements of our missing fans, we have seen a slow return of support and it needs to gain momentum like the team is on the pitch.

Its now a time to leave all criticism behind and move forward, its the only way of doing it.

As the wise man (1864roverite) says it is time to move on and build support for the Team and win back the lost supporters.

However in doing so I will never forget the Venky scum, parasites and the leeches who still infest my Club.

I will be renewing my ST for next season and I hope others do so as well. This is time to rebuild our great Club.

However in doing so I will never forget the Venky scum, parasites and the leeches who still infest my Club.

I will be renewing my ST for next season and I hope others do so as well. This is time to rebuild our great Club.

Well said.

Nobody will ever forgive them for what they have done and the contempt they have shown towards the supporters.

Everyone will celebrate the day they finally leave. Until that day we will continue to support 'OUR' club.

Can we expect all the clubs announcements to bereleased first on twitter? I may be old fashioned and im no scouser but it seems rather lacking in class and professionalism to me.

Don't shoot the messenger - I was only reporting what I saw online and presume it was in response to a question asked of him. Makes no difference to me when they go on sale, as long as the card works on the first home game of the season.

Is there to be any work being carried out on the foundations to the riverside stand ?

I'm not sure to be honest - I'm not longer on the FF.

Well said.

Nobody will ever forgive them for what they have done and the contempt they have shown towards the supporters.

Everyone will celebrate the day they finally leave. Until that day we will continue to support 'OUR' club.

THIS!

:rover:

Agreed.

It will take a proper re-engagement strategy,emotional intelligence and honest communication, though, not just spin or divide and rule/fan blame via LET and Dan Clough etc. Probably requires something from the Raos as well, tbh. I think I could advise them!

As the wise man (1864roverite) says it is time to move on and build support for the Team and win back the lost supporters.

Well said that man!!!

You are right of course,

Rebuilding will be a bit difficult with the chief planning officer and architect entrenched in India though

100% with you on this one Gordon. Mr Myers is supposedly Director of Communications and he seems to consider Twitter and 140 character statements as an adequate way of communicating with the supporter base. In my view it is a lazy and exclusive method of talking to the fans. If 140 characters is adequate to express the club's news all I can say is that news can't be of any interest.

I don't consider myself out of touch but must say I view Twitter as an irrelevant method of communication. Quite easily the downside of modern communications.

Most certainly this approach does lack class and professionalism and if Mr Myers and the club want to improve communication with me he is going to have to try a damn sight harder.

In September 2013 Twitter had 15 million UK users - less than 25% of the population. Through extrapolation Myers is failing to communicate with approximately 80% of Rovers fans.

Far from it. Twitter means that the club are communicating with 20%+ immediately. The rest will pick up via the website or the local paper. Pretty much as they have done before. Alternatively, send them your phone number and I am sure they will give you a ring as soon as they know anything.

Burnleys ST prices are expensive! Small area at £499 but the rest at £625-695. Not sure how that's going to go down over there

Not too bad for the u22's etc but £600 odd to sit in the Bob Lord shed is a bit steep. Wonder if they'll actually buy any plastic seats for the ramshackle away end this time or will all the brass for the next few years be going towards paying off Floods debts :rock:

Burnleys ST prices are expensive! Small area at £499 but the rest at £625-695. Not sure how that's going to go down over there

Like a lead balloon. Dole money doesn't stretch that far.

Our director of comms still silent ? Any news on outs ? Don't give a crap about dingles they could be 10 grand for alls I care

No he's active again posted some great pics of billy Ingham and Robert Martinez amongst some more recollections of his time at Everton , oh and the pic of him and Birdy and his Mrs (His favourite pic of the year apparently) along with a few throw away positive mantras from his hearts and minds (divide and conquer?) campaign.

Wonder if there will be Everton mints at the tea party?

It seems to be the mantra at Rovers these days, work for another whilst being paid by us. After all half our players do it !

yep, the club is still being raped, in a stable way though

Not too bad for the u22's etc but £600 odd to sit in the Bob Lord shed is a bit steep.

Especially steep for a relegation season. :unsure:

Anyway they desperately wanted to be top dogs and now they have got their wish they can't moan about it. I'd imagine their ST prices are not out of the way for the Premier League. We've just been spoiled by subsidies introduced by short term thinking.

Especially steep for a relegation season. :unsure:

Anyway they desperately wanted to be top dogs and now they have got their wish they can't moan about it. I'd imagine their ST prices are not out of the way for the Premier League. We've just been spoiled by subsidies introduced by short term thinking.

Probably right there. Although seeing as they've really struggled to get a decent crowd in for three quarters of the season despite their form you'd think they may try and pack the place out then perhaps offer some incentive to hold on to them upon the impending drop :) Object is obviously make as much as possible in as short a time as possible.

Just been having a read of a dingle forum ,from what i can gather, this only affects 3000 tickets that were not taken up when they offered early bird pricing which they sold 13000 of apparently

• Moderation Lead

Yeah, a guy at work was telling me what he paid for him and his son (who's under 10), and I don't think it amounted to the prices mentioned above!!

No doubt the walk ons who cant afford a ST outright or those with work commitments will cop for it.

At least it might put off any potential new fans or floaters from venturing that way.

No problems with Dingles pricing policy, they rewarded fans who committed to buying a season season ticket before they got up by having an early bird season ticket offer which ended on 31st March, now they are charging a premium price for those that wouldn't commit until they knew for sure that they would be in the Premier League.

Just been having a read of a dingle forum ,from what i can gather, this only affects 3000 tickets that were not taken up when they offered early bird pricing which they sold 13000 of apparently

I suspect the figure of 13,000 may well be a typical burnley over exaggeration re their support as oppose to the actual figure sold in the early bird scheme.

I would find it remarkable if they had sold that figure in the early bird period, considering they had 12,000 at home to Doncaster in the same period! It would mean a decent number have purchased season tickets for next season, having not been at the games either as season ticket holders or paying on the day!

I am not being pedantic with yourself Perth. I just like to dispel the myth that Burnley are a brilliantly supported team. Their attendances were poor this season; let's hope this continues and gets exposed in the premier league.

Archived