BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets and Stand Closures

I wasn't referring to affordability, I was referring to those who would refuse to renew their season ticket if there was any price increase, because some people have grown accustomed to £225 season tickets and expect the club to keep prices down indefinitely. I appreciate that we have been very lucky in recent years with prices and that the club would not be unreasonable to put prices up to a level more in keeping with other Championship sides.

If they were to put prices up by say £50 that would not be unreasonable. We would still have cheap season tickets by football league standards. Yet some would immediately see the words 'price increase' and be up in arms that the club has dared to increase prices to watch Championship football.

I guess your job doesn't involve negotiation. If it didn't you wouldn't share the price you think would be a reasonable increase in a public forum. 15-20% increase seems pretty high to me. The price they charge customers is down to what customers will pay and not about passing on costs.

If you can't reduce those costs to meet the customer price point, you will quickly go out of business.

Ergo, our expectations - in the operating environment of Blackburn and the surrounding area - should not be for prices to go up but for quality to go down.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shows what a badly run club this is still. It's not the delays but it's that nothing can get done until the Loons have their say about things they know little or nothing. I doubt Malcolm Glazer or Sheikh Whatverhescalled make these kinds of decisions. Fair enough that while their rotten reign continues they make the call on the budget but that would be as far as it goes in a normal club.

Shows what a badly run club this is still. It's not the delays but it's that nothing can get done until the Loons have their say about things they know little or nothing. I doubt Malcolm Glazer or Sheikh Whatverhescalled make these kinds of decisions. Fair enough that while their rotten reign continues they make the call on the budget but that would be as far as it goes in a normal club.

no these decisions are left to people who run the club in a day to day fashion

Why is it toys out of pram ?

If it's crosses the affordability line then it crosses it . It's not as black n white as dummy spitting . The latest happy clapping super fans are pathetic in their self righteous bull .

So you go then Oh wait a minute last time was ---

• Backroom

Good

I'm sick of it its just silly, especially the fans doing it during pitch invasions and the like

#grumpytom

• Moderation Lead

It's funny, I was in the DE for the last game of the season, and a few of these flares were going around at the front at the end of the game iirc.

There was this one lad that got ejected who appeared to have lit one near the singing section, must be the one above!!

Archived