BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets and Stand Closures

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they walk away today who pays the bills tomorrow? Bottom line is nobody knows how they are funding the club. However, the Walker Trust spent years trying to find a buyer when we were well run and debts were small. Venky's aren't going to give it away they will want a return. We might not like them but without them the club shuts the gates full stop.

I doubt it PB.,

I am fed up of apologists for these people. If the Venkys walk, and I wish it were yesterday, there will others to take their place.

"Why do supporters choose one team over another? Cost is certainly not the argument in the football business for fans, whereas fun, excitement, skillful players, regional embeddedness might be good reasons for supporting a team" - this is a quote I read some time ago, i beleive it to be partially true, but do believe prices have an effect.

On a side note, anyone have the full list of season ticket prices this season?

And does anyone have any idea of the ratio in terms of attendance, i.e. youths, adults, senior citizens?

Youth figures must be desperate. Most of my children's generation have moved away.

What's wrong with that it is at least showing a modicum of interest towards the club surely ?

What does a public show of interest matter?

We've nothing to be grateful to them for though, if they hadn't turned up in the first place we wouldn't be losing £2-3m per month,

we'd still be in the Prem, probably around 10th or 11th place.

SOLID, that's what we were !

11 years Solid.

We all know that. In fact I was one of the first I believe to express a certain disdain for them when many others were giddy from stupid unfounded anticipation. However I do believe that what's done can't now be undone. We're in the sh1t alright and so deep that I might see us succumb but I doubt I'll see us pull out of it in my lifetime. It's too late for recriminations now. You and others need to stop looking through those rear view mirrors and instead look through the windscreen. Concentrate on what's here and now and not what's been and gone.

I doubt it PB.,

I am fed up of apologists for these people. If the Venkys walk, and I wish it were yesterday, there will others to take their place.

Rubbish. There is absolutely no guarantee of that whatsoever. Quite the opposite imo. How many multi millionaire goons do you think this town has spawned in the past 50 years?

I doubt it PB.,

Who are they PB and, more to the point, why didn't they appear four or five years ago? I'm no apologist for them but merely a realist. How many small town Lancashire clubs have attracted "big money" ownership from outside their own community?

Youth figures must be desperate. Most of my children's generation have moved away.

What does a public show of interest matter?

Well just about everything public they have done or should have done but haven't has been a two fingered salute towards the fans. This being the latest and one of the worst imo. Face the music if they have any intention of trying to mend fences.

So they walk away today who pays the bills tomorrow? Bottom line is nobody knows how they are funding the club. However, the Walker Trust spent years trying to find a buyer when we were well run and debts were small. Venky's aren't going to give it away they will want a return. We might not like them but without them the club shuts the gates full stop.

The point is they can't just walk away over night can they. It isn't as simple as that and to keep peddling the lines as a lot do that we should be grateful to them now for paying the bills is almost like scaremongering people into saying they have to like them or they might pee off tomorrow. That isn't happening because it can't. Not a personal jibe at you by the way as I respect your opinion, just don't agree and venting my angst in general.

The point is they can't just walk away over night can they. It isn't as simple as that and to keep peddling the lines as a lot do that we should be grateful to them now for paying the bills is almost like scaremongering people into saying they have to like them or they might pee off tomorrow. That isn't happening because it can't. Not a personal jibe at you by the way as I respect your opinion, just don't agree and venting my angst in general.

We don't have to be grateful. We don't even have to like it.

But we do have to tolerate it. Unfortunately.

After the visit of the monarch today, can we now call our ground "Royal Ewood Park"?

Regarding away fans being given the JW lower and upper DE sections (which is a very good idea), how would segregation be achieved on the concourse areas?

If they were to close DE upper and BBE upper I suggest they put a curtain down displaying a picture of fans in seats similar to what Arsenal did when their ground was being built (redeveloped?).

After the visit of the monarch today, can we now call our ground "Royal Ewood Park"?

Regarding away fans being given the JW lower and upper DE sections (which is a very good idea), how would segregation be achieved on the concourse areas?

If they were to close DE upper and BBE upper I suggest they put a curtain down displaying a picture of fans in seats similar to what Arsenal did when their ground was being built (redeveloped?).

Better to get a load of flags/netting etc to cover most of them, it'd add a bit of colour. Start with murals and stuff then they might start booming false crowd noise in as well like the Gunners did. We've had enough ridicule without that lol

Better to get a load of flags/netting etc to cover most of them, it'd add a bit of colour. Start with murals and stuff then they might start booming false crowd noise in as well like the Gunners did. We've had enough ridicule without that lol

Oh I don't know. Canned laughter worked for comedy TV.

Oh I don't know. Canned laughter worked for comedy TV.

People's monarch in refusal to meet Rovers Indian owners shocker

Local dignitaries were reported to be surprised, when, in advance of the royal visit to Ewood Park,The Duke of Edinburgh specifically requested the delivery of a mobile refrigerator, loaded with ready made snowballs..

" To be quite honest, we wondered what was going on" exclaimed a bemused Councillor Buggins.

All became clear, when on arrival at Ewood Park, Her Majesty,The Queen, broke with years of royal protocol to speak out on behalf of the people of a small northern town.

"The good people of Blackburn deserve better than to see their beloved club abused...." .

Later the Royals had their pictures taken in front the Jack Walker statue.

Well nothing else would suffice really....

We all know that. In fact I was one of the first I believe to express a certain disdain for them when many others were giddy from stupid unfounded anticipation. However I do believe that what's done can't now be undone. We're in the sh1t alright and so deep that I might see us succumb but I doubt I'll see us pull out of it in my lifetime. It's too late for recriminations now. You and others need to stop looking through those rear view mirrors and instead look through the windscreen. Concentrate on what's here and now and not what's been and gone.

Rubbish. There is absolutely no guarantee of that whatsoever. Quite the opposite imo. How many multi millionaire goons do you think this town has spawned in the past 50 years?

You really do love to talk down to people don't you, I was merely reminding folk that we have absolutely no reason to be grateful to the present

owners, EVER !

BTW just read today 4 different buyers interested in Birmingham City, hardly a ' giant of the game ' now or in the past.

You really do love to talk down to people don't you, I was merely reminding folk that we have absolutely no reason to be grateful to the present

owners, EVER !

BTW just read today 4 different buyers interested in Birmingham City, hardly a ' giant of the game ' now or in the past.

Indeed not. Lots more potential than us though imo.

Want a return? Well they won't get one. No one is going to give them cash to take over a loss making small town club......... And that's the worry. I honestly don't see any way out of this mess. I think they know that themselves, but are just hoping against hope that someone can get us back into the PL, where they can get some of their cash out of the club, then give it away to the first interested party. At the moment though, who knows what damage is being done? Who knows what the current debt is? How do we know if they are putting anything at all into the club? It could well be irreversible already.

Want a return? Well they won't get one. No one is going to give them cash to take over a loss making small town club......... And that's the worry. I honestly don't see any way out of this mess. I think they know that themselves, but are just hoping against hope that someone can get us back into the PL, where they can get some of their cash out of the club, then give it away to the first interested party. At the moment though, who knows what damage is being done? Who knows what the current debt is? How do we know if they are putting anything at all into the club? It could well be irreversible already.

And yet, according to Kamy's sauces, the manager's target for this season was only top 10 (which he still might yet manage).

Doesn't really add up, does it?

And yet, according to Kamy's sauces, the manager's target for this season was only top 10 (which he still might yet manage).

Doesn't really add up, does it?

It only adds up if the rumours are true, that Bowyer has persuaded the owners that he can get the club back into the PL in four years Ala Derby County. Heard that from many sources.

It only adds up if the rumours are true, that Bowyer has persuaded the owners that he can get the club back into the PL in four years Ala Derby County. Heard that from many sources.

If the owners are prepared to back the club with guarantees on loans or put money in then it seems a very sensible approach.

Gordon pal when did you cross over to the feathered side ?

I can't ever forgive or forget what they have done. . I just want them gone and rebuild from whatever and wherever we are.

When I considered that the likely options are t'Clarets, Nob End, Notlob or Blackburn Olympic down Pleasi. 70 million will not can not be recovered.

I'td have to be Notlob for me I think possibly North End but they are terminal losers. Which do you fancy Abbs?

Gordon pal when did you cross over to the feathered side ?

I can't ever forgive or forget what they have done. . I just want them gone and rebuild from whatever and wherever we are.

OMG. If anyone on this board had read this three years ago! Careful...you sound like de Valera turning Theno into Michael Collins!!!

Archived