BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship 14/15

Definitely a success! Starting a season under an embargo that will see the best players leaving and being replaced by poorer ones is like being a boxer with one hand tied behind ones back. In football terms its probably worse than beginning a season with a 10 point deduction.

Rubbish everyone knew an embargo was on the way.. Clever accounting as well as squad management would of worked ways around it but unfortunately we don't have these people in place.. Blooding the youngsters 3rd part of the season would of freed up more spaces for additional players but good old GB kept harping on we could still make the play offs..

We are run by inept incompetent people in all management structure from coaching staff to the owners

That would be the most insane move anybody could make.

That's why no one uses that system.. Read the post Gordon

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rubbish everyone knew an embargo was on the way.. Clever accounting as well as squad management would of worked ways around it but unfortunately we don't have these people in place.. Blooding the youngsters 3rd part of the season would of freed up more spaces for additional players but good old GB kept harping on we could still make the play offs..

We are run by inept incompetent people in all management structure from coaching staff to the owners

Why rubbish? Could've, should've, would've. What's done is done. Like saying "I wish I hadn't had that last pint" when you are taking a breathyliser test. You got a tardis athlete?

Why rubbish? Could've, should've, would've. You got a tardis athlete?

C'mon everyone knew a embargo was on the way why not do something about it as for a tardis don't watch Dr who or whatever rubbish

FFP is now a GB excuse sick of hearing him trot out the same line

The crux of the matter really is Venky's Shaw Bowyer etc all need to go IMO

C'mon everyone knew a embargo was on the way why not do something about it as for a tardis don't watch Dr who or whatever rubbish

FFP is now a GB excuse sick of hearing him trot out the same line

The crux of the matter really is Venky's Shaw Bowyer etc all need to go IMO

So if all that happened which you suggest in your last line and YOU were handed the reins and placed in the hot seat what would you do? Especially as the first call on your phone was likely to be from the bank and the rest that day from players agents.

Off you go athlete....

WTF you on about... Not got time for a round up the golf club this morning

Read the post athlete.

Oh and get someone else to write your scripts.

So if all that happened which you suggest in your last line and YOU were handed the reins and placed in the hot seat what would you do? Especially as the first call on your phone was likely to be from the bank and the rest that day from players agents.

Off you go athlete....

Read the post athlete.

Oh and get someone else to write your scripts.

How would the 1st phone call be from the bank..

BTW you brought the golf thing on your self

Rubbish everyone knew an embargo was on the way.. Clever accounting as well as squad management would of worked ways around it

This is one of those lines that if it's trotted out often enough on here, it becomes "fact" rather than "urban myth".

Where's the evidence that the embargo could have been avoided with "clever accounting"?

Surely if everyone knew it was on the way, it was inevitable, and trying to cheat the rules could have made things a whole lot worse?

And seeing as you have all the answers - can you explain exactly what Rovers should have done in order to "work ways around it"?

Off you go athlete....

That's an unfair question. I'd have a lot more sympathy for athlete (or anyone else coming into this new) than I do for those who got us into this mess and are only capable of keeping us there - at best!

Look at the people who have left, or worse, have come in and then left, presumably after seeing how we operate.

How would the 1st phone call be from the bank..

I rest my case.

That's an unfair question. I'd have a lot more sympathy for athlete (or anyone else coming into this new) than I do for those who got us into this mess and are only capable of keeping us there - at best!

Look at the people who have left, or worse, have come in and then left, presumably after seeing how we operate.

All right .... Then if you think athlete is out of his depth then you answer it Stuart.

All right .... Then if you think athlete is out of his depth then you answer it Stuart.

Eh? I said the question was unfair. Why would it deserve any answer?

Tell you what though. Put someone like John Williams in charge and let him answer it.

• Backroom

The above posts simply highlight how important it was to get promoted this season, and why Bowyer should have been canned in January when it became clear he wasn't going to get us anywhere close.

Any manager who comes in now, imo, will have the remit of helping the club avoid relegation, as opposed to getting us promotion. We've completely wasted three seasons.

Tell you what though. Put someone like John Williams in charge and let him answer it.

Gordon is hypocritical he stayed away now he's so pro the Venky's regime it's unreal or perhaps his stupid Lancashire County or United no one bought into waste of time

As for the answer to his daft question I would have a proper chairman etc who would run the club who in turn would employ proper competent staff tier after Tier

He'd run a mile.

Gordon is hypocritical he stayed away now he's so pro the Venky's regime it's unreal or perhaps his stupid Lancashire County or United no one bought into waste of time

As for the answer to his daft question I would have a proper chairman etc who would run the club who in turn would employ proper competent staff tier after Tier

Have it your way. Like Glenn Mullen says if more people had done as we did maybe we'd have averted the car crash that the club has become. This is old ground and no amount of bluster by you or anyone else will absolve the naivety and ultimate stupidity of the supporters of the Kean and Anderson regime. We saw through the lies and deceit and you and thousands but many more couldn't. Now you all have to live with it and every time you look in a mirror for the rest of your days you will see a fool looking back.

Moving on to your obviously uninformed answer.... And how are you going to pay them when the bank stops your account Athlete?

He'd run a mile.

Have it your way. Like Glenn Mullen says if more people had done as we did maybe we'd have averted the car crash that the club has become. This is old ground and no amount of bluster by you or anyone else will absolve the naivety and ultimate stupidity of the supporters of the Kean and Anderson regime. We saw through the lies and deceit and you and thousands but many more couldn't. Now you all have to live with it and every time you look in a mirror for the rest of your days you will see a fool looking back.

Moving on to your obviously uninformed answer.... And how are you going to pay them when the bank stops your account Athlete?

The bank isn't stopping my account FYI

The bank isn't stopping my account FYI

Oh kinell! :wstu:

It bloody well would if you had £70m debt OR as I said you were the imaginery Chairman of BRFC.

Now have a go at answering the question instead of continually evading it.

Blooding the youngsters 3rd part of the season would of freed up more spaces for additional players but good old GB kept harping on we could still make the play offs..

Once the youngsters have made 5 first team starts they become part of the list of 24 established players (if they're aged 21 or over, which for example both Lenihan and O'Sullivan are).

So chucking them in for the last third of the season would have further restricted what the club can do under FFP, quite the opposite of freeing up spaces.

Does this madcap rule count during a season . Say player A has 0 appearances now and starts has a non established player , but he then reached 5 say in sept . Does player A stay unestablished or does he then take a spot in the established squad?

Reports that QPR are set to sign Swindon duo Massimo Luongo and Ben Gladwin. I've never heard of Gladwin but I believe Luongo has been a big player for Swindon these last two years and has recently been called up to the Austrian squad.

I won't even get started on how QPR are able to sign two decent young players for cash so early in the window. This summer is going to make my blood boil.

Reports that QPR are set to sign Swindon duo Massimo Luongo and Ben Gladwin. I've never heard of Gladwin but I believe Luongo has been a big player for Swindon these last two years and has recently been called up to the Austrian squad.

I won't even get started on how QPR are able to sign two decent young players for cash so early in the window. This summer is going to make my blood boil.

I thought Villa were signing both. Sherwood knows one of them I think from Spurs academy days(could be wrong tho)

Maybe QPR will buy early to avoid any possible embargo. Their case against the overspending penalty will probably takes months to sort out and result in changes to FFP - hopefully beneficial to Rovers.

Archived