BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship 14/15

We already know why the golden oldies like Salgado, Nelsen and Roberts didn't play don't we? They were on ridiculous contracts handed out by the previous regime guaranteeing them a further 12 months as soon as they had completed 9 or 10 games (or whatever the figure was) in any particular season.

Fine if you're trying to attract players in their late 20's to a slightly less fashionable Club. A recipe for disaster as they move into their early to mid 30's.

I think we know some of it, but certainly not warts and all. The greatest mystery is how we had kept Samba, the window had closed and suddenly the Russian window was mysteriously still open a few days later and off he trots. I have never heard of another football club losing a player a few days after the window closes.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Formica did provide a lovely cross for Jordan Rhodes to glance a lovely header into the back of the net in front of the away end at Turf Moor, so slightly more than nothing! :tu:

Absolutely Gav. All most folk care about is 22 players going hell for leather running themselves into the ground for the badge.

Damn right!

Blackpool have appointed Neil McDonald as their new manager.

He was Assistant manager here under Sam Allardyce here.

Good luck to him.

He's going to need a hell of good luck!

On one of the Blackpool boards there is a thread about " who do you think is going to replace McDonald in 3 months" :)

Blackpool have appointed Neil McDonald as their new manager.

He was Assistant manager here under Sam Allardyce here.

Good luck to him.

Could have gone to Carlisle last season if they could have afforded him.

We already know why the golden oldies like Salgado, Nelsen and Roberts didn't play don't we? They were on ridiculous contracts handed out by the previous regime guaranteeing them a further 12 months as soon as they had completed 9 or 10 games (or whatever the figure was) in any particular season.

Fine if you're trying to attract players in their late 20's to a slightly less fashionable Club. A recipe for disaster as they move into their early to mid 30's.

We were fighting relegation though and all those played a huge part in keeping us up the season before so it's arguable they would again. Even despite that gimp on the touchline so it would have been worth it, any real football adviser would surely have told them that !

I think we know some of it, but certainly not warts and all. The greatest mystery is how we had kept Samba, the window had closed and suddenly the Russian window was mysteriously still open a few days later and off he trots. I have never heard of another football club losing a player a few days after the window closes.

Yeah just when Barclays were threatening to kick the door in for their 10 mill Big Chris gets shunted to an outpost for an undisclosed fee by a mysterious super agent. Where was this agent when Orr, Best, Etuhu etc needed sending to the salt mines I wonder :huh:

As I said. Only if Burnley DON'T want him. Burnley can currently buy Rangers and give em to Celtic! Is that too difficult for you to grasp?

so your saying Burnley are bigger than Rangers....yeah right fella thats funny as....+ before you ask I have no time whatsoever for the WATP mongs

if Burnley are going to go a calling they'd better hurry up

Why would anyone pick burnley over Rangers?

A premiership burnley maybe but not a championship one.

Rangers played in front of 45,000 last week, Burnley struggled to get 20k on a good day and the manger will get no cash to spend and have to sell to buy

As a manager if you get it right at Ibrox you're champions league in 2 seasons. If you get it right at burnley you're relegated back to the championship in 2 seasons.

No brainer

Why would anyone pick burnley over Rangers?

A premiership burnley maybe but not a championship one.

Rangers played in front of 45,000 last week, Burnley struggled to get 20k on a good day and the manger will get no cash to spend and have to sell to buy

As a manager if you get it right at Ibrox you're champions league in 2 seasons. If you get it right at burnley you're relegated back to the championship in 2 seasons.

No brainer

Really? I'm REALLY surprised that I have to explain this. Last time Rangers were sold it was for a quid! Athletes gormless but I thought you'd have more awareness than your post displays gav. BUT I can think of at least 180 million reasons. Read this..... ALL of this, then report back.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/18/how-the-mighty-glasgow-rangers-have-fallen

btw Rangers average support has melted away by 10,000 this past season alone.

btw 2 Football managers average about 18 months in any job these days. Rangers will still be skint and Burnley will still be massively rich in comparison way beyond the time that Warburton has been and gone.

Really? I'm REALLY surprised that I have to explain this. Last time Rangers were sold it was for a quid! Athletes gormless but I thought you'd have more awareness than your post displays gav. BUT I can think of at least 180 million reasons. Read this..... ALL of this, then report back.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/18/how-the-mighty-glasgow-rangers-have-fallen

btw 2 Football managers average about 18 months in any job these days. Rangers will still be skint and Burnley will still be massively rich in comparison way beyond the time that Warburton has been and gone.

Gormless Gordon that's you fella not me if you seriously think Burnley are a bigger club than Rangers.. As for richer at the moment yes but Rangers even with their off field problems have still attracted 4 crowds over 40000 this season are a massive world wide audience drawing club for TV

BTW plenty good golf courses north of the border

You have to explain it because it's in my opinion simply not true, and that's not just because it burnley either.

I get what you're saying, but we're talking about Glasgow Rangers here, not just any club, a massive club and one that most managers would jump at managing even with the current boardroom issues.

The article you posted is just another example of fans being shafted. David Murray brought great times to Ibrox and I firmly believe he never saw what was coming, but avoiding tax is a risky business, he gambled with the club and lost.

The fans suffer, but they have to pick the club up and I wish them well. We could do worse than form an alliance with Rangers, we've both been shafted by owners, we share a common theme.

Gormless Gordon that's you fella not me if you seriously think Burnley are a bigger club than Rangers.. As for richer at the moment yes but Rangers even with their off field problems have still attracted 4 crowds over 40000 this season are a massive world wide audience drawing club for TV

BTW plenty good golf courses north of the border

1. Gormless am I? I think on that count the tables are turned on you yet again. Where exactly did I say Burnley are a bigger club than Rangers?

2. thank the Lord I won't see you on any golf courses .... unless your ambition is to caddy and carry bags for a few quid.

I'm sure that most potential managers would find Rangers a far more attractive prospect than they would Burnley.

Rangers have had their fair share of problems in recent years, but if they are coming out of the other side of it and can show that to an ambitious manager then it is a very good job for someone. Getting that club back on its feet and challenging Celtic again will make someone a hero, and will offer trophies and Champions League football with gates of 50,000 a week.

Burnley are in a healthier financial state than Rangers. One of the reasons for that is that they don't spend any money. Any new manager there will have to wheel and deal whilst losing their best players every year. Not to mention a complete lack of potential, failing to fill a 20,000 seat ground in their moment of glory in the Premier League.

When Rovers were in the Premier League for 10 years running did that make us a 'bigger' club than Celtic? Because we were richer and in a better league. Same logic applies.

• Backroom

1. Gormless am I? I think on that count the tables are turned on you yet again. Where exactly did I say Burnley are a bigger club than Rangers?

2. thank the Lord I won't see you on any golf courses .... unless your ambition is to caddy and carry bags for a few quid.

Even a caddy needs a good brain tbf.

In reference to Championship versus Scottish Premiership - it shows the level of things that Lennon swapped fabulous success and Champions League football at Celtic for the grind of a championship relegation battle with Bolton. 20 years ago top Scottish managers went to the Premier League. No longer.

The gulf between Scotland and England in football terms continues to grow... Its not unthinkable that one day the top players from the Scottish prem will be on a par with League One and that is where the managers will end up also. That is shocking.

There seems to be no route to recovery for Scottish football bar merging with the English leagues but that will never happen. Tio much nationalism and why would English clubs want more competition for limited league places?

Maybe more possible is a North sea league similar to the Magners League in Rugby Union. If you cobbled together a joint Scandinavian, Scottish and Irish league you would get something competitive and interesting which would reinvigorate the sport and benefit everyone in terms of quality and spectacle.

The big problem is that the dominant clubs in each league could lose their easy pass to the CL gravy train. Also FIFA have been awkward about transnational "domestic" leagues though it has made exceptions for Wales playing in England, Monoco in France, Canada in MLS.

You said it but in not so many words your memory is failing you as seems to be the case Rovers related of recent

Get a life.. Oh you have one on the golf course

You said it but in not so many words your memory is failing you as seems to be the case Rovers related of recent

Get a life.. Oh you have one on the golf course

So in reality I didn't say anything of the sort. :rolleyes:

The rest of your post is just gibberish. Have you ever thought of studying English at night school? :wstu:

Why tf have I attracted an intellectual derelict as a stalker?

Burnley will use little of their Premier League money, again. Just like our transfer income under the scum has been squirrelled away sonewhere sunny.

They'd be stupid too blow it for sure but used sensibly they should do well and unfortunately they will have supremacy over us and every other club in Lancashire for many years.

So in reality I didn't say anything of the sort. :rolleyes:

The rest of your post is just gibberish. Have you ever thought of studying English at night school? :wstu:

Why tf have I attracted an intellectual derelict as a stalker?

They'd be stupid too blow it for sure but used sensibly they should do well and unfortunately they will have supremacy over us and every other club in Lancashire for many years.

Do you mean Jim

:)

Archived