BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship 14/15

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

burnley on its way out now as a decent night out also.

Having worked in the place for 10yrs I must admit it was always a good night out but on a much smaller scale than Blackburn.

Stuart Gray sacked ad Sheff Wed head coach

Yup. If memory serves me correctly, the owner said being 19 points outside the play offs in 13th was unacceptable. He went on to say he is wanting promotion and a change of manager may help him achieve that desire. 4 managers sacked since the end of the season.

Seemingly Wednesday fans were making similar complaints about Gray that we were about Bowyer....

And yet Bowyer will never be sacked.

I know our UEFA cup days are long behind us but should we be less ambitious than Sheffield Wednesday?

• Moderation Lead

I know our UEFA cup days are long behind us but should we be less ambitious than Sheffield Wednesday?

Of course not. I was just making the comparison before people started touting Gray as our next manager.

Sheffield Weds taken over in January ...new owners ..first chance to cut their teeth this summer.

Of course not. I was just making the comparison before people started touting Gray as our next manager.

More chance of that happening than Bowyer going to Wednesday !

If Bowyer , is doing such a wonderful job , why arent other clubs after his services ?

More chance of that happening than Bowyer going to Wednesday !

If Bowyer , is doing such a wonderful job , why arent other clubs after his services ?

They haven't got a women making the decisions based on who would make a good son in law? :)

I'm pretty sure he would not be out of work long if he left Rovers, plenty of clubs mid/ lower Championship and below would I feel certainly be interested if they have been looking from the outside over the last two seasons

I'm pretty sure he would not be out of work long if he left Rovers, plenty of clubs mid/ lower Championship and below would I feel certainly be interested if they have been looking from the outside over the last two seasons

I think you are right.

Clubs will see Bowyer as a bit of a Steady Eddie. Play safe and not take risks but unfortunately that wasnt what Rovers required for the previous two seasons. We needed to take risks and somehow get out of this league before FFP kicked in.

Now the doors firmly shut regarding promotion,Rovers will just hold their own under Bowyer,neither flirting with Promotion nor relegation.

I don't see Bowyer as the main man at any other club. Given the stellar job he has done in turning us around it's odd that he is never linked to any other jobs.

Yes Leeds and Forest was briefly muted for obvious reasons.

The thing is with management not many are linked to any jobs until managerial vacancies become available...?

Archived