BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship 14/15

2+2=5? :huh:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/burnley_fc/news/12981193.Clarets_appoint_Frank_McParland_as_sporting_director/?ref=mac

"Liverpool-born McParland, 56, who worked at Watford as chief scout during Claretsboss Sean Dyche’s time there, and recently left the role of director of football at Sky Bet Championship side Brentford, will take up his new role from Monday, the club said."

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least he's discussed it , which is more than our old uns have.

Steve Kean was quite open in discussing it at every given opportunity :glare: You're right though, not a single one of our former players ever spoke out against the regime. All very weird

It will be pretty galling if Bumley go out and pinch Warburton.

Indeed but thanks to the stupidity of the venkys 4 years back they are currently miles in front of us in any list of desirable jobs in football management for individuals with quality and ambition. In fact about £200 million "miles".

Well what's he really lifted the lid on though? Everything I've read there was already reported in the media.

I didn't know quite a lot of that, for example a player not playing, because he had toothache and then not seen again! Either I have missed these things or Lee Clarke has told it as it is.

Imagine Dunn or Robinson coming out now and confirming exactly why Givet, Emerton, Roberts, Nelsen, Solgado and many more, really didn't play. Or actually confirming, as we suspect that at times, the manger didn't actually select the team. I admire Lee Clarke already, but admire him even more now.

They have a decent championship squad, millions in the bank and no embargo. I would say they will be far more attractive.

Just the reality of the situation.

Whilst I agree they're more attractive in lots of ways, how many of their players are planning on moving?

• Backroom

Steve Kean was quite open in discussing it at every given opportunity :glare: You're right though, not a single one of our former players ever spoke out against the regime. All very weird

Salgado had a few things to say on Twitter, if I recall correctly. I remember him saying something along the lines of "I never thought it could happen" when Kean quit.

As for the rest, they've apparently prioritised their future careers (either in the game or as pundits) over the fans. In most cases they weren't fans of the club to begin with - it was just another job - so maybe it's understandable.

Really good interview fair play to Clarke

Salgado had a few things to say on Twitter, if I recall correctly. I remember him saying something along the lines of "I never thought it could happen" when Kean quit.

As for the rest, they've apparently prioritised their future careers (either in the game or as pundits) over the fans. In most cases they weren't fans of the club to begin with - it was just another job - so maybe it's understandable.

As Clarke says footballers are so detached from the fans these days

Basically as long as they got out of it ok and got paid up most if not all of them couldn't give a @#/?. Some would soon have been squeaking in the press had they not got their wedge paid up. That goes for the suits as well.

and yet blackpool fans will insist on treating Clarke like Oystons drunk stooge...

ive no sympathy with them whatsoever, they can suffer for all I care, go out of business, they deserve that freak Oyston.

Remember nobody cared about us, meanwhile this lot are getting backing from everyone on talk sport to Russell Brand

I didn't know quite a lot of that, for example a player not playing, because he had toothache and then not seen again! Either I have missed these things or Lee Clarke has told it as it is.

Imagine Dunn or Robinson coming out now and confirming exactly why Givet, Emerton, Roberts, Nelsen, Solgado and many more, really didn't play. Or actually confirming, as we suspect that at times, the manger didn't actually select the team. I admire Lee Clarke already, but admire him even more now.

We already know why the golden oldies like Salgado, Nelsen and Roberts didn't play don't we? They were on ridiculous contracts handed out by the previous regime guaranteeing them a further 12 months as soon as they had completed 9 or 10 games (or whatever the figure was) in any particular season.

Fine if you're trying to attract players in their late 20's to a slightly less fashionable Club. A recipe for disaster as they move into their early to mid 30's.

• Backroom

At least Salgado, Nelsen and Roberts contributed to the success of the club in some form.

Meanwhile the current regime tied the likes of Etuhu, Murphy, Best, Orr and Formica to long term contracts that guaranteed them a shedload of cash regardless of what they contributed - which in each of their cases turned out to be absolutely nothing.

These idiots have been here for 5yrs, why has nobody spoken out about the shambles that is Blackburn Rovers 2015?

Money that's why, football is full of greedy barstewards interested in protecting their own interests and bank balances.

I don't know about everyone else but I become more and more detached from the game by the day. It's run by crooks and played by gready thick swines in the main.

Maybe this should have been in the rant section :angry2:

• Moderation Lead

At least Salgado, Nelsen and Roberts contributed to the success of the club in some form.

Meanwhile the current regime tied the likes of Etuhu, Murphy, Best, Orr and Formica to long term contracts that guaranteed them a shedload of cash regardless of what they contributed - which in each of their cases turned out to be absolutely nothing.

Formica did provide a lovely cross for Jordan Rhodes to glance a lovely header into the back of the net in front of the away end at Turf Moor, so slightly more than nothing! :tu:

These idiots have been here for 5yrs, why has nobody spoken out about the shambles that is Blackburn Rovers 2015?

Money that's why, football is full of greedy barstewards interested in protecting their own interests and bank balances.

I don't know about everyone else but I become more and more detached from the game by the day. It's run by crooks and played by gready thick swines in the main.

Maybe this should have been in the rant section :angry2:

Absolutely Gav. All most folk care about is 22 players going hell for leather running themselves into the ground for the badge.

Archived