BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship 14/15

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sandwiched mid table between Man City and Millwall! Millwall!!! ffs! All this despite having good access to the M Way network and a superb stand to sit in. I guess the lack of car parking and lack of ANY pre or post match entertainment in local hostelries has scuppered us. We should instruct all away fans to go park, drink and eat in Darwen and then send buses to ship em in and then back again.

• Moderation Lead

Absolutely, though that being said, most fans I've ever known of opposing clubs have said Ewood was a decent away day....(though they could sup in the Fernhurst then!)

If you read around other MB's after teams have been to Ewood the feedback is usually ok for the visit to the ground but the town always gets seriously slated. No wonder when away fans jump off the train in Blackburn and find nowhere but Wetherspoons to have a pint, unless they are prepared for a back street small pub and no where to go. It's now got to be one of the worst town centres in England for pubs. Ridiculous given it's size and history.

Look at the demographics of the town though.

Very true but surely there's enough people about to warrant two or three big boozers in the centre. Thwaites should have a modern flagship place in the centre of town. Might need subsidising but it could help get the town back on the nightlife map.

Very true but surely there's enough people about to warrant two or three big boozers in the centre. Thwaites should have a modern flagship place in the centre of town. Might need subsidising but it could help get the town back on the nightlife map.

Thwaites are no more are they? Sold out to Marstons who are based in the Midlands.

All that said the town centre is an absolute disgracethese days. Barely any pubs left, not even one nightclub and we keep banging on about applying for City status!. The killing off of Blackburn's nightlife has been deliberately engineered by the Council and the Police from what I've heard second hand.

• Moderation Lead

What Revidge says above sadly doesn't surprise me. The nightlife was booming when I was at college (2000-2003), and a few years after. The closure of all the bars almost seemed deliberate.

I've heard the demographics argument before, and although it's a point, it's only part of the story. People from outside Blackburn (myself included) travelled there for a drink, as well as the natives. If you build it, they'll come and all that. The Courteeners gig at KGH proved that.

Looking from outside it's about time the people of Blackburn demanded a change in their Town Centre make up. If the dozy councillors aren't up to the job vote them out.

Looking from outside it's about time the people of Blackburn demanded a change in their Town Centre make up. If the dozy councillors aren't up to the job vote them out.

Not that easy. I'm guessing the Council is predominantly Asian now and the make up of the town's population is now overwhelmingly Asian apart from Mill Hill/Cherry Tree/ Feniscowles and Highercroft/Shadsworth.

Not that easy. I'm guessing the Council is predominantly Asian now and the make up of the town's population is now overwhelmingly Asian apart from Mill Hill/Cherry Tree/ Feniscowles and Highercroft/Shadsworth.

the way the wards are set up Labour cant fail to win Blackburn council

The only places that seem to have a decent nightlife these days, are the university towns.

If Blackburn suddenly had 25-30k students living in the borough, the pubs, clubs and restaurants would very quickly appear.

Well towns like Wigan manage it without a student population even Darwen has a lot more pubs/bars not just TC but through out the town

the way the wards are set up Labour cant fail to win Blackburn council

Well towns like Wigan manage it without a student population even Darwen has a lot more pubs/bars not just TC but through out the town

Well you'll know more about the local area than me these days, but I was only reading the other day in the LT how many pubs in Darwen had closed.

Well you'll know more about the local area than me these days, but I was only reading the other day in the LT how many pubs in Darwen had closed.

the LT meant pubs in Blackburn with Darwen borough....the LT struck again when they should of said Blackburn they were refering to West View pub ( on the old revidge run ) which will never ever be a pub again

the LT meant pubs in Blackburn with Darwen borough....the LT struck again when they should of said Blackburn they were refering to West View pub ( on the old revidge run ) which will never ever be a pub again

The article I read most recently, was about the Borough pub in Darwen and it went on to mention the Mill Gap and a couple of others that

I used to frequent 40ish years ago.

The article I read most recently, was about the Borough pub in Darwen and it went on to mention the Mill Gap and a couple of others that

I used to frequent 40ish years ago.

Darwens more pubs than Blackburn unfortunately

The only places that seem to have a decent nightlife these days, are the university towns.

If Blackburn suddenly had 25-30k students living in the borough, the pubs, clubs and restaurants would very quickly appear.

Not many uni's in Darwen, Whalley and Clitheroe.

Not to worry, you've loads of money laundering kebab and deep fried road kill shops.

Lets not forget Western Union outlets for the occasional dodgy cash transfers abroad eh?

Archived