BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] home fans in darwen end.

• Moderation Lead

I'm all for having a more vocal area of the ground, but when you get a season ticket in there, you know what's up if a team with a big following comes to town.

Leave them be, it might not be a cauldron in there but they often try and it's the only murmur in the ground. Better for the players as well getting at bit of encouragement when attacking that end or taking corners over there.

Why though ? it's not needed for away fans so we are just staring at another huge block of empty seats. Think about the players as well I'm sure they prefer having a few fans in there. Fair enough if the 500/1000 who go in there went into a block in the JW lower near the away fans as a singiin section but the police and club are unlikely to allow it I reckon.

• Backroom

The atmosphere is crap these days, apparently the darwen end boys do try but you don't hear it from the blackburn end and there is little coming from there.

I would try and bring it all together somehow

The atmosphere is crap these days, apparently the darwen end boys do try but you don't hear it from the blackburn end and there is little coming from there.

I would try and bring it all together somehow

There was a bit from the BE tonight, could hear the same volume from the DE Rovers as the away fans from my vantage point in BE.

Sadness is Jack built the stadium for a successful team in the PL.

We are far from that now. Could actually shut Walkersteel stand, make us all go in BE, JW stand, and away fans in DE? Would it create a better atmosphere? Don't know but we'd all be mightily p*ssed off about it!

Fans in whatever bit of the ground have to do their bit occasionally but too many miserable buggers around these days sadly. People tried in the BBE a few times, I looked around and most just sat there with blank looks almost refusing to join in. How hard can it be to clap your hands and shout barmy army for 30 secs ffs ! Crap it may be but it's not difficult, they'll be bloody doing it if we are winning v Liverpool. Fact is a lot at Ewood find it easier to moan and groan rather than encourage !

I agree with the standing suggestions. Even though each away game costs at least treble the home games with travel extra beer end I much prefer spending the extra money on away games. The main reason is atmosphere.

So with standing in Darwen end Id hope that improves the atmos. At the moment there's the odd faint chant coming from Darwen end and nothing other than odd noise from blackburn end.

While there's little to no entertainment on the pitch (even though lost yesterday was ok on entertainment value possibly due to my expectations being rock bottom) something needs to be happening in the terraces to win fans back because it won't happen on the pitch.

Why darwen end standing ?

The BBE is the traditional home standing area , why pamper to the darwen end ? Stuff the darwen end make the blackburn end standing again !!!

The Darwen End is virtually a standing area now, I can't see the majority of fans in the Blackburn End wanting to stand.

Safe standing is the way forward for me. Would get more people in the ground and create a lot more noise

Safe standing is the way forward for me. Would get more people in the ground and create a lot more noise

It doesn't unless what's on the pitch is decent. You can stand freely in the Darwen End at the minute, like I do. The only time there's some real noise is when we make a go of it. The rest of the time, it's a couple of lads signing "let's all have a disco!"

It's easy saying close this close that but fact is if you do you simply lose even more fans. I enjoy the Darwen End and if they closed it would probably spend my season ticket money going to more away games.

Doesn't make sense, unless you are just making a point.

I'd make the darwen end terracing and charge a fiver for anyone.

Oh great! Here is the club burdened by a FFp embargo and you want to actually worsen the situation by reducing income! :rolleyes: Why should those standing pay less than others who are seated? The product on show is exactly the same. Personally I'd make part of it terracing and charge £5 above normal admission charges based on the supply / demand situation.

For us the Darwen End offers more flexibility . Can stand at the back or side when we play towards BBE or move towards front when playing towards us. The proximity to the away fans gives a bit of singing banter. When we first moved there, we had fairly lousy seats in BBE. It's now much more fun. Plus we get a few games a year in the JW (where we also stand because there's hardly anyone in there).

BE is the traditional "standing" end. Safe standing half way up the lower tier, seats below. The volume from the BE is sporadic to say the least, the club needs to poll it's customer base, interact, talk to us. In the present climate a 31,000 seater stadium with 10,000 in it doesn't make it "fortress Ewood", needs imagination?

Archived