BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT 3

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the Station clock ever get returned ? Or was it another fight the council didn't have the stomach for?

Not sure which clock you mean Jock but there were four, one on each of the main platforms. The first two disappeared long since. Of those remaining on platforms 1 and 2, one went to America via an antique dealer in Accrington, together with the iron railings from the platform ramps and the other was stored by Network Rail below Piccadilly Station in Manchester.

Kudos to the Pillock planners who had the brainstorming idea of building a 100 feet concrete wall literally outside Blackburn train station.

Obliterate the view of the Cathedral and its adjoining one time open space boulevard.

All in the name of progress eh?

FFS.

A partner of Chadwick & Bracewell Architects of Blackburn had a good vision for the centre of Blackburn 20 years ago. When the Pavillions on Church Street were derelict, he suggested demolishing them, the Palace Theatre and the empty telephone exchange on Jubilee Street, creating an open space around the Cathedral which people could enjoy and which would showcase the Cathedral. Nobody supported this and now we've got a concrete wall between the Cathedral and the grade II listed railway station entrance, which is now an empty façade to the former L&Y pride it once fronted.

The original Victorian train shed could easily have been listed and saved with the increased services to Clitheroe and Manchester, like Preston's station. The replacement is awful.

not been here long have you

:)

Since about 2001, though it seems a lot longer after the last few pages.

If I'd written some of the stuff I've read on this thread I'd be feeling a bit embarrassed and very sheepish. I certainly wouldn't be on here try to crack the 'funnies'.

• Backroom

Jesus @#/? Christ, there's more handbags on this messageboard tonight than in Kendals!

Worse than the 10 yr-olds I teach currently and I'm not joking. They even disagree politely and listen to each others views on such matters as the death penalty and the science of classification.

On here people can't even debate sodding football (with Internet usernames, no less) without flying off the handle and using petty point scoring over fandom, random journalist/twitter BS and bloody he-said-she-said!

@#/? me, there are more pots and kettles than frigging Ikea.

Spot on Wolfie.

Sadly its not confined to this thread alone.

If the squabbles were just confined to the Rant thread what a nice MB this would be

Since about 2001, though it seems a lot longer after the last few pages.

If I'd written some of the stuff I've read on this thread I'd be feeling a bit embarrassed and very sheepish. I certainly wouldn't be on here try to crack the 'funnies'.

LOL :lol:

• Backroom

I dislike reading self righteous condescending posts like the above more than anything else on this MB(have you been taking lessons from Khod ;) )

So what's this post if not self-righteous? :P

Tbf, that's just what I think. Nothing self-righteous about wishing people would disagree civilly instead of persistent retorting with insults a 7 year old would be embarrassed about.

So what's this post if not self-righteous? :P

Tbf, that's just what I think. Nothing self-righteous about wishing people would disagree civilly instead of persistent retorting with insults a 7 year old would be embarrassed about.

What stuart says in the 'board reorganisation' thread..... Is what i meant(although his post there is obviously more thoughtfully worded than my impulse post)

Archived