BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT 3

The news this morning is full of stories about recruitment agencies ripping off the NHS by supplying staff to fill vacant positions at inflated rates.

The news should be full of the failure by successive governments to fund and train more nurses and doctors! Not hammering the agencies and nurses and doctors!

The BBC seems to be focusing on a band 5 nurses who usually earns 20k a year being supplied by agencies at 44k a year.

SO WHAT?

Those nurses get no pension, no holiday or sick pay and don't know if they're working from 1 week to the next.

Jeremy Hunt should get his bloody act together rather than blaming agencies and NHS professionals for making a few quid.

1. Do you know what the agencies %age is? Thats prob where Hunt is coming from. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/nhs/11490776/AandE-doctors-paid-up-to-3200-a-shift-in-spiralling-crisis.html

2. Thought you were dead against zero hour contracts gav?

btw... I agree about not training enough doctors and nurses. I realise lots of British born emigrate and take their skills with them (presumably the Student loan still has to be repaid? :rock: ) but the very notion that the NHS could not operate without employing immigrant Doctors and Nurses is just ludicrous to the point of laughable.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll humour you TJ even though I'm pretty certain your post is a dig at me personally rather than my point.

My kids have moved out now but one still has a car (necessary for work) whilst the other lives and works in the centre of Manchester and doesn't need one any more. My wife needs a car to get to work and I need one for work. I also have a van for deliveries. If everybody lived at home that's 5 vehicles that I would need to find parking space for at nights and weekends and that doesn't allow for delivery vehicles to my home and any visitors.

I don't need to justify why I have so many vehicles and tbh numerous vehicles per household are now a fact of life. However planners and developers might ponder on why they cram houses so closely together that the footpaths become impassible for old people, children, invalids, people pushing prams etc forcing them to walk in the road whilst the roads themselves are difficult for cyclists, car drivers and even worse for the emergency services.

Regardless of how many cars are at your property its still the owner of the cars responsibility to park it so its not blocking the road or the pavement(even if that means parking down the street or on a different st. altogether as irritating as that maybe) and if another driver comes along and parks parallel to you causing a potential blockage then they're self centred idiots( I get them on my rd. to causing busses to get blocked off) To expect the council or housing estate planners to give 4 parking spaces to each home is ridiculous, the floor space alone that that would take up would be nearly enough for them to build a new house on, so unless you want to pay an extra 50+ grand for that privilege I guess you'll have to make do.

Regardless of how many cars are at your property its still the owner of the cars responsibility to park it so its not blocking the road or the pavement(even if that means parking down the street or on a different st. altogether) and if another driver comes along and parks parallel to you causing a potential blockage then they're self centred idiots( I get them on my rd. to causing busses to get blocked off)

Report them then

they're not really a problem for me, its the buss drivers that have to deal with it, I don't mind moving my car from time to time if it helps them through, but my cars usually not part of the problem.

As for fire engines! if there's a serious emergency they WILL get through one way or another, I get the sense that the call out they where going to in the article must have been pretty minor.

• Backroom

they're not really a problem for me, its the buss drivers that have to deal with it, I don't mind moving my car from time to time if it helps them through, but my cars usually not part of the problem.

As for fire engines! if there's a serious emergency they WILL get through one way or another, I get the sense that the call out they where going to in the article must have been pretty minor.

Where fire's concerned there's no such thing as minor. It can take as little as 4 minutes for a knocked candle to swallow a typical living room.

1. Do you know what the agencies %age is? Thats prob where Hunt is coming from. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/nhs/11490776/AandE-doctors-paid-up-to-3200-a-shift-in-spiralling-crisis.html

2. Thought you were dead against zero hour contracts gav?

btw... I agree about not training enough doctors and nurses. I realise lots of British born emigrate and take their skills with them (presumably the Student loan still has to be repaid? :rock: ) but the very notion that the NHS could not operate without employing immigrant Doctors and Nurses is just ludicrous to the point of laughable.

The agency claimed they charge £26 an hour and £21 goes to the client, or around that figure.

Zero hours contracts and people contracting are worlds apart.

Somebody called a fire engine to my address last year because I was burning some branches in a small garden incinerator that was 100% under control, the same happened to a neighbour a few weeks later, you'd be surprised how many ott drama queens there are out there just itching to dial 999 at the 1st sign of smoke.

im pretty sure that the fire brigade have the right to barge any obstructing vehicle out of the way and I heard they can even claim for any damages caused to the fire engine from the owner of the obstructing vehicle(i don't know how much of this is true mind)

• Backroom

im pretty sure that the fire brigade have the right to barge any obstructing vehicle out of the way and I heard they can even claim for any damages caused to the fire engine from the owner of the obstructing vehicle(i don't know how much of this is true mind)

I hope it's entirely true and the same goes for every emergency service.

The agency claimed they charge £26 an hour and £21 goes to the client, or around that figure.

Zero hours contracts and people contracting are worlds apart.

Gav ... no one can defend the indefensible.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/581795/Jeremy-Hunt-orders-NHS-to-stop-paying-doctors-3-500-PER-SHIFT

"Agency staff bills cost the NHS a staggering £3.3bn last year, more than the cost of all 22 million A&E admissions combined."

err I will check tomorrow but I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to barge things out of the way and that's a bit of a myth. I can certainly say its not in the driving policy! People are much too quick to complain nowadays so wouldn't be worth it. My favourite complaint is when people say the fire engine has scared them because it was too loud. Well durrr

No MOST really don't and those that do have created their own problemproblem

Created their own problem? Isn't the problem that young people have been priced out of the housing market and four working people now live in one household.

Gav ... no one can defend the indefensible.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/581795/Jeremy-Hunt-orders-NHS-to-stop-paying-doctors-3-500-PER-SHIFT

"Agency staff bills cost the NHS a staggering £3.3bn last year, more than the cost of all 22 million A&E admissions combined."

I'm just telling you about the interview I saw but yes those are the figures I read also, a massive failure by government, blaming the agencies and clients is a disgrace really.

Rant about myself. I thought going on a Waltzer funfair ride would be a doddle. Used to go on all the rides as a kid. Found out I havnt the stomach or head for it in my middle age. Felt dog sick for hours after.

Keep thinking about riding the Wild Mouse on the Pleasure Beach again, but it would probably kill me.

I know what you mean, I used to find all rides a walk in the park, now they just give me a migraine, I think all the ear thumpingly loud and awful pop music they play whilst your on on them makes it a 100x worst along with the sweet smell of candyfloss and urine in the air.

Rant about myself. I thought going on a Waltzer funfair ride would be a doddle. Used to go on all the rides as a kid. Found out I havnt the stomach or head for it in my middle age. Felt dog sick for hours after.

Keep thinking about riding the Wild Mouse on the Pleasure Beach again, but it would probably kill me.

I know what you mean, I used to find all rides a walk in the park, now they just give me a migraine, I think all the ear thumpingly loud and awful pop music they play whilst your on on them makes it a 100x worst along with the sweet smell of candyfloss and urine in the air.

That reminded me of the Morcambe and Wise sketch

2 old men in deck chairs

:D

Kudos to the Pillock planners who had the brainstorming idea of building a 100 feet concrete wall literally outside Blackburn train station.

Obliterate the view of the Cathedral and its adjoining one time open space boulevard.

All in the name of progress eh?

FFS.

Archived