BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT 3

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why every time I drive up whalley new road through bastwell are there always at least half a dozen cars blatantly just parked up(driver-less) on double and single yellow lines, its easy to just say oh! them bloody Asians just do what they want(or something along those lines) but at the end of the day its the authorities(that are funded by our council tax) that are allowing this to happen, If they nipped it in the bud it wouldn't now be happening so blatantly on one of the busiest main roads going into the town centre, its pathetic how gutless the police and council are that they're to afraid to do something about these things because they're to scared they will be called racist, etc...

why every time I drive up whalley new road through bastwell are there always at least half a dozen cars blatantly just parked up(driver-less) on double and single yellow lines, its easy to just say oh! them bloody Asians just do what they want(or something along those lines) but at the end of the day its the authorities(that are funded by our council tax) that are allowing this to happen, If they nipped it in the bud it wouldn't now be happening so blatantly on one of the busiest main roads going into the town centre, its pathetic how gutless the police and council are that they're to afraid to do something about these things because they're to scared they will be called racist, etc...

That's Gav's Xanado that you are criticizing there TJ, shame on you

• Moderation Lead

Driven through Audley recently?

• Moderation Lead

Police won't bother in areas like that.

They'll leave them to their own devices as long as the residents don't take the proverbial TOO much....

Wasn't there an issue a few years back where some of those areas were added to the Traffic Wardens routes? I seem to rem after numerous physical threats they were withdrawn again. If so then it appears that some sections of our population are deemed above the law.

I was driving through bastwell again laat week, exactly the same, at least halve a dozen cars parked on double yellows(even up onto the pavement) dozen more on single yellows in the middle of the day, this time though there was a police car casually driving along right in front of me and she didnt even take any notice, i really wanted to get her attention and ask why she wasnt wven concerned but she'd most likely told me to just move on.

I was driving through bastwell again laat week, exactly the same, at least halve a dozen cars parked on double yellows(even up onto the pavement) dozen more on single yellows in the middle of the day, this time though there was a police car casually driving along right in front of me and she didnt even take any notice, i really wanted to get her attention and ask why she wasnt wven concerned but she'd most likely told me to just move on.

can imagine you saying other posters are racist for posting against the ranges .

I must say much of the blame for that lies with the developers and town planners. And it is a significant blame too! I have relatives on oakdale and whilst I realise that land with planning is very expensive and that developers need to build as many homes on a plot as possible the amount of parking laid out for each household is simply not enough, resulting in the pavements and roads being clogged up with residents vehicles. I'd estimate the need for at least 4 car parking spaces per dwelling. Might make the front garden a thing of the past but why not? No one ever uses them they all use back gardens for stuff don't they?

Unforgiveably Oakdale and K-Hods example are relatively new builds so number of cars exceeding design expectations simply doesn't wash.

I must say much of the blame for that lies with the developers and town planners. And it is a significant blame too! I have relatives on oakdale and whilst I realise that land with planning is very expensive and that developers need to build as many homes on a plot as possible the amount of parking laid out for each household is simply not enough, resulting in the pavements and roads being clogged up with residents vehicles. I'd estimate the need for at least 4 car parking spaces per dwelling. Might make the front garden a thing of the past but why not? No one ever uses them they all use back gardens for stuff don't they?

Unforgiveably Oakdale and K-Hods example are relatively new builds so number of cars exceeding design expectations simply doesn't wash.

Not withstanding all those with garages filled with crap

• Backroom

I live on a relatively new estate in cherry tree (say 13-14 years old)

Hard work here parking wise around Christmas and Easter Sunday, all drives will have 2 cars on then there's little space on the pavements.

Still I am guilty of both the above, a garage full of junk and a car too big for it anyway!

you really do go all out to say the opposite....How have people with two cars created their own problem. How do people get to and from work if they have one car only? think I need to reset my ignore function.

The news this morning is full of stories about recruitment agencies ripping off the NHS by supplying staff to fill vacant positions at inflated rates.

The news should be full of the failure by successive governments to fund and train more nurses and doctors! Not hammering the agencies and nurses and doctors!

The BBC seems to be focusing on a band 5 nurses who usually earns 20k a year being supplied by agencies at 44k a year.

SO WHAT?

Those nurses get no pension, no holiday or sick pay and don't know if they're working from 1 week to the next.

Jeremy Hunt should get his bloody act together rather than blaming agencies and NHS professionals for making a few quid.

Archived