BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT 3

Those pillocks on the motorway who, on approaching a junction, cut in at the last minute from the outside or middle lane. They deserve to be in an accident; the trouble is they would involve others instead.

I am going to get one of those dashboard cameras and make a film of driving standards in Blackburn. It would make a fortune.

People who hog the middle lane doing 60 which means you have to go into the third lane to get past them when your junction is coming up.

I must admit, I share the annoyance at ignorant drivers. It takes so little energy to raise a hand in acknowledgment but some people choose to ignore you. Also the lack of a friendly acknowledgement when you do thank someone for stopping.

C'mon people - be nice to each other! It will brighten your day - honest!!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who attempt to join the mway at about 45 mph.

People who drive on the mway under normal conditions at 50 mph.

Like HGV's and caravanners?

tbh Not much wrong with MWays imo if only plod would strictly enforce the recent rule that should prevent plonkers hogging the two outside lanes.

How can you realistically judge whether somebody's "hogging" the inner lanes or they're just having to use them a lot lot more because of all the slow drivers and speed limited vehicles in the outer lanes.

Yes there are occasionally those that blatantly just get in the middle lane and stay there for the duration of their journey, but in my experience they're to few and far between to be seen as real issue(compared to real issues like excessive speeders and general @#/? drivers)

How can you realistically judge whether somebody's "hogging" the inner lanes or they're just having to use them a lot lot more because of all the slow drivers and speed limited vehicles in the outer lanes.

Yes there are occasionally those that blatantly just get in the middle lane and stay there for the duration of their journey, but in my experience they're to few and far between to be seen as real issue(compared to real issues like excessive speeders and general @#/? drivers)

My Aunt (now deceased.....not a car accident btw) was the perfect example of a middle lane hogger.

We went all the way to South Wales and she insisted the middle lane was "medium speed" and the others for "slow and fast speed cars".

I nearly walked home.

• Backroom

The overuse of the words 'actually' and 'basically'.

The former is to signify correction/contradiction and the latter means 'to put in simple terms'.

They should NOT be used every other bloody sentence.

• Moderation Lead

The former is to signify correction/contradiction and the latter means 'to put in simple terms'.

And use of the word 'literally' when people mean 'only' ARGHHHH!

I use the word "actually" far too much. It comes from having a stammer from age 6 and using it as a link word between sentences.

I also use "another pint please" far too often.

As for rants I hate hearing "it's your round" directed at me. These are actually dreadful words.

I am really naffed off at not being able to buy frozen borlotti beans in Booths anymore.

Standards have dropped.

Booths have let their standards slip. You can't get pickled finches anymore. Also the other day I saw a couple of oiks in Lytham Booths.I grabbed my cape and cane and left in disgust.

Booths have let their standards slip. You can't get pickled finches anymore. Also the other day I saw a couple of oiks in Lytham Booths.I grabbed my cape and cane and left in disgust.

Just had a tweet that you still can in the Kirby Lonsdale branch.

People who read the papers in supermarkets. Told a woman in Morrisons, Blackpool 'buy the f***in thing'

Stop it! We all like to use the Asda library. I had to queue the other day to read the back page of the Telegraph. That's what they are there for isn't it?

Dunno if anybody has included this but people who start a sentence with 'So'. It really bloody grates with me and the South appears to be full of them.

People who end a sentence with a question mark when they there making a statement.

• Backroom

People who end a sentence with a question mark when they there making a statement.

The Australian Question Intonation gets right on my wick. Trying to get some of my yr5/6 students out of that nasty habit now.

Archived