BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How about.........

The ignore facility doesn't work because you, Miseryman and others but in Particular Caps Man post for a reaction which means that you get quoted.

You and Caps Man only want me to ignore you because you don't like being challenged. Like I said, I won't be backing down.

In my opinion you are a major cause of the problem due to your insistence on spamming the forum with mind numbing rhetoric and your insistence on lecturing posters who actually attend matches instead of glorying in not doing so.

What I've actually endeavoured to do is propose a solution whereby arguments aren't played out publically to the annoyance of others. Predictably enough you reverted to your default setting of negativity.

You'd better toughen up Princess because you're really in the crosshairs now.

You really are a pompous cretin who in reality would be frightened by his own shadow.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really are a pompous cretin who in reality would be frightened by his own shadow.

Maybe but I stop short of threatening violence on here from behind the safety of a keyboard.

You?

Big Fat Sam is weighing in on PM with personal abuse now. Guess that won't work either then.

The ignore facility doesn't work because you, Miseryman and others but in Particular Caps Man post for a reaction which means that you get quoted.

You and Caps Man only want me to ignore you because you don't like being challenged. Like I said, I won't be backing down.

In my opinion you are a major cause of the problem due to your insistence on spamming the forum with mind numbing rhetoric and your insistence on lecturing posters who actually attend matches instead of glorying in not doing so.

What I've actually endeavoured to do is propose a solution whereby arguments aren't played out publically to the annoyance of others. Predictably enough you reverted to your default setting of negativity.

You'd better toughen up Princess because you're really in the crosshairs now.

And there you go again .. I ignore you because of your bullying and insults you throw at anyone who doesn't blow smoke up your arse . You need to chill , you really are a pathetic sad individual .

What sort of a ego trip thread this is . I thought you were an adult but I've come to relise that you have only moved to oz because mummy & daddy have made you .

And there you go again .. I ignore you because of your bullying and insults you throw at anyone who doesn't blow smoke up your arse . You need to chill , you really are a pathetic sad individual .

What sort of a ego trip thread this is . I thought you were an adult but I've come to relise that you have only moved to oz because mummy & daddy have made you .

Just had a look at some of your posts on other threads -

It's never your fault, it's never your fault, always the victim, it's never your fault.

Did I do something to warrant it Chris? When you said to me and I quote 'of all of your daft post, this has to be up there' I never once belittled you until then, so the gloves are off my freind

Did I do something to warrant it Chris? When you and I quote 'of all of you daft post, this has to be up there' I never once belittled you until then, so the gloves are off my freind

Oh no!

• Backroom

Or those causing arguments being warned and banned if their childish behaviour continues.

But either scenario would involve admins/moderators, so these aren't solutions. Self-moderation is the only solution to this issue.

There's been a banning this week and likely to be more if it continues this way, people moaned they wanted self moderation and it's been tried and failed.

It's a bit childish to use Fell Walker and Caps Man to describe posters. Just letting mg you know.

Meanwhile I haven't a clue what your view is on football or the Rovers, yet you constantly post. How can that be? Must be something to do with you constantly arguing instead of reading and debating.

You have obviously realised its stupid the way you carry on, hence this thread. Time for you to lead they way.

• Backroom

There's been a banning this week and likely to be more if it continues this way, people moaned they wanted self moderation and it's been tried and failed.

From recollection I wanted harsher moderation, not less! Though I appreciate you've essentially been left to do it all yourself, so it's not easy. A lot of posters are tired of the nonsense going on in every thread between the same group of posters, so I hope something is done soon.

It's a bit childish to use Fell Walker and Caps Man to describe posters. Just letting mg you know.

Meanwhile I haven't a clue what your view is on football or the Rovers, yet you constantly post. How can that be? Must be something to do with you constantly arguing instead of reading and debating.

You have obviously realised its stupid the way you carry on, hence this thread. Time for you to lead they way.

I was back home in January and got to three games. I voiced my opinion on those, I don't tend to comment on games that I haven't seen. Yes, the name calling is a bit daft but the names are pretty gentle really.

For the record I said back on October that we needed a new manager if we wanted to go up. Likewise, like any sane Rovers supporter, I deeply regret the day Venkys got involved. Much like they do I suspect.

• Backroom

From recollection I wanted harsher moderation, not less! Though I appreciate you've essentially been left to do it all yourself, so it's not easy. A lot of posters are tired of the nonsense going on in every thread between the same group of posters, so I hope something is done soon.

Its a tough one as i agree that something needs doing but when people are banned if some posters don't agree with it it gets even more unbearable

• Backroom

Its a tough one as i agree that something needs doing but when people are banned if some posters don't agree with it it gets even more unbearable

I don't think in this instance there would be many complaints. Perhaps a pinned warning topic before handing out bans might be appropriate? I don't want to see anybody banned either (well, almost) but there's been an incredible amount of leeway given already. I don't know what the answer is beyond access restriction at this point.

I was back home in January and got to three games. I voiced my opinion on those, I don't tend to comment on games that I haven't seen. Yes, the name calling is a bit daft but the names are pretty gentle really.

For the record I said back on October that we needed a new manager if we wanted to go up. Likewise, like any sane Rovers supporter, I deeply regret the day Venkys got involved. Much like they do I suspect.

Lead the way Chris. Some good lads on here and no need for the constant niggling.

• Moderation Lead

Maybe but I stop short of threatening violence on here from behind the safety of a keyboard.

You?

Big Fat Sam is weighing in on PM with personal abuse now. Guess that won't work either then.

Big Fat Sam was one of the last to be banned, under a different username of course- fully deserved as well, despite the good value they brought to the board regarding knowledge on sports science etc.

• Moderation Lead

Something desparately needs to be done to be honest, I'm not saying you've got it easy as a moderator for a moment by the way!

This is a messageboard. People post their opinions and others don't agree with them. It's all part and parcel of the way things are. I like this forum just the way it is and enjoy seeing the little spats and yes taking part from time to time. There's nothing wrong with it so please leave it alone and don't mess with it. It's fine as it is.

This is a messageboard. People post their opinions and others don't agree with them. It's all part and parcel of the way things are. I like this forum just the way it is and enjoy seeing the little spats and yes taking part from time to time. There's nothing wrong with it so please leave it alone and don't mess with it. It's fine as it is.

I'd agree to an extent, a little bit of spice keeps the forum lively. However, we should accede to the wishes of the majority and it seems that the consensus is that the bickering stop. What I was trying to do was propose a means of doing that whilst keeping the various threads going. I appreciate the job that the mods do but, in the interest of balance, I intend to stand my ground until and unless warned to desist.

I'd agree to an extent, a little bit of spice keeps the forum lively. However, we should accede to the wishes of the majority and it seems that the consensus is that the bickering stop. What I was trying to do was propose a means of doing that whilst keeping the various threads going. I appreciate the job that the mods do but, in the interest of balance, I intend to stand my ground until and unless warned to desist.

If you stop the differences of opinion and, yes, the arguments the forum will die. Look how quiet it was when Wen was banning people left right and centre. Don't mess with it, it aint broke. The whingers will be the first to complain when nobody is posting again.

This isn't an olive branch, it is a proposed resolution. I consider myself to be a reactive poster and, as such, those who have been on the receiving end have done something to warrant it.

I'm aware that the spats annoy many readers of the forum, that is why I have floated this. Other than that I won't be backing down.

This is a big part of the problem.

Just because you don't like someone's opinion you attack the poster. You do it time and time again.

When the board was "updated" you were no longer on ignore. I've hardly engaged with you since and you've still gone back on ignore.

You are exactly the kind of poster that you despise. You seem like a reasonably articulate chap though. If you stuck to your opinions about what people say rather than who says it you would do well.

This is a big part of the problem.

Just because you don't like someone's opinion you attack the poster. You do it time and time again.

When the board was "updated" you were no longer on ignore. I've hardly engaged with you since and you've still gone back on ignore.

You are exactly the kind of poster that you despise. You seem like a reasonably articulate chap though. If you stuck to your opinions about what people say rather than who says it you would do well.

This could go on and on and is not what why I started this thread.

This is why I say you are wrong in your post - Preston Blue and Waggy are very definitely on the side of those I often refer to as 'Miserablists'. Preston Blue, in my opinion, can be a bit of a miserable sod but, from what I can gather, he goes the length and breadth of the country supporting the club. He expresses his view but isn't on EVERY thread ALL the time spamming the forum with the same propaganda. I won't be criticising someone like him who deserves his say and doesn't try to lambast other posters or grind opposition away with persistent spamming. Likewise Waggy appears to be a Rovers of many years standing. He is strident in his criticism of Venkys and Bowyer but, again doesn't go for Orwellesque propaganda (although he did let himself down by blaming Bowyer for Bournemouth's promotion!)

If I play the man and not the ball it is with good reason.

If you stop the differences of opinion and, yes, the arguments the forum will die. Look how quiet it was when Wen was banning people left right and centre. Don't mess with it, it aint broke. The whingers will be the first to complain when nobody is posting again.

There should be a middle-ground between lax moderating and North Korea.

• Backroom

There should be a middle-ground between lax moderating and North Korea.

There should be for sure maybe it needs new blood as I very rarely come on on anything other than my mobile these days.

I think someone like Khod would be perfect personally, stays out of most of the bickering whilst weighing in with a viewpoint which is often pretty neutral and unbiased

I think someone like Khod would be perfect personally, stays out of most of the bickering whilst weighing in with a viewpoint which is often pretty neutral and unbiased

Yeah, he's pretty boring. ;)

Archived