BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Extra ! Extra ! Read All About It !

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to say, it seemed Germany was due to get an attack, sad to say. First France, then Germany; but in the foreseeable future, I don't think anything is going to happen in the UK, anything major like yesterday at least.

I don't really see why you think that. An attack in the UK is extremely likely. It's only a matter of time imo.

SKH, Integration is the answer, but it means accepting the values and culture of the country these people have moved to.

For some, integration is a step too far. They want the world, their way and no other. Unfortunately.

It's not a new problem, and it is one we have overcome before. I think there is a tendency to see what is going on at the moment as somehow unique and unsolvable. It's just the same cyclical process of identity politics, hate speech and violence that has echoed throughout human history.

The answer is the same as it ever has been. Structured integration, liberal tolerance, the rule of law, education, economic opportunity, time.

Which raises the question; why do we let immigrants who are guilty of multiple minor offenses stay? Is our criminal justice system in such dire need of work that we should allow them to stay?

Since countries so rarely seems to do it, I assume the act of deportation must come up against significant difficulties. Off the top of my head you’ve got:

1. Proving where the person has come from so the country will accept them back – many illegal immigrants travel with no documentation.

2. The financial cost - It was mentioned in relation to Trump’s comments on sending back illegal immigration from Mexico that each person he wanted to deport would cost $10,000. Immigration to the UK is currently 600,000 a year (total, not net). I don’t know what the figures are but let’s assume 2% commit minor offences. That’s 12,000 people that the UK would be required to deport, costing in region of £100 million a year.

3. The political opposition – If the UK was deporting 12,000 people a year, even criminals, would pro-immigration groups would go ballistic?

I’m not sure about point 2 though to be honest, the financial argument. Set against that needs to be considered the cost of keeping them here. For example the UK prison population has doubled in the last 20 years.

Western governments’ attitude to immigration in the last couple of decades baffles me. Most populaces want a tougher stance on it, but a tougher stance is never forthcoming without voting in right-wingers to government. Why do mainstream parties never adjust their stance? Is the ideology of mass immigration so dear to their hearts that they will never bend on it? Or are there powerful, anonymous pro-immigration forces that have their foot on governments’ necks? Or is it just the power of extensive use of the race card? Each time there is one of these atrocities, people are given a week to vent and then its brought back out of the box, hamstringing one of side of the argument.

My God how correct was Enoch Powell? This influx of Muslims should have been nipped in the bud. It's a bit late now but at least we should deport the ones who break the law or preach hate. What they do in their own countries is of little interest to me. It's in Europe and America where they are causing chaos that I see the problems.

I turned on BBC World News and the first line was "he had mental health issues". Typical.

But this is the same Islamic propaganda channel that reported a suicide bombing in July with terrorist sympathising trash such as:

BBC-Syrian-migrant.png

The mainstream is long gone. WHY?

I turned on BBC World News and the first line was "he had mental health issues". Typical.

But this is the same Islamic propaganda channel that reported a suicide bombing in July with terrorist sympathising trash such as:

BBC-Syrian-migrant.png

The mainstream is long gone. WHY?

There seems to have been a change in reporting after the events in France and the metal health issue was the main line being pushed. It is not from one outlet but from many and right across different countries, it must have been a decision made somewhere that metal health will be used to prevent an uprising or an escalation of events. There was the poor lady in Russell square if you remember headline 'An American woman in her 60s has been killed after being repeatedly stabbed in the back by a knifeman in a central London rampage as police rowed back on terrorism as a potential motive and said the attack was probably triggered by mental health issues.'. He was a Norwegian national of Somalian origin, I guess we will never know his motives.

Another one here from the summer.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/german-terror-attacks-mental-illness-religion-isis-terrorism-scapegoats-a7155366.html

There 100% has been a political decision to use metal health as a catch all for these horrible events.

Anyway what a terrible thing to happen again in Germany, so many just getting ready for Christmas.

Who do they think they are fooling? Of course it's a Muslim terrorist. It was well thought out. He hijacked the lorry, shot the driver with a gun he had obtained for that purpose and drove into an area where he knew there would be Christians and deliberately mowed them down. The German authorities are afraid of repercussions.

How safe would you feel going to the Manchester Christmas market now ?

Same as yesterday. The day we stop going about our daily routines is the day the terrorist wins.

It's a simple question of being careful. Would I fly Egypt Air? No. Would I chose to visit the Middle East? No, but then I've never considered it in my life. Would I go shopping in Manchester. Of course. Why wouldn't I?

I really don't see the point to the question.

• Backroom

I have to say I have changed my plans on the back of things like this in the past.

Last year we had a trip to winter wonderland in London booked late December but just didn't feel comfortable going in the wake of the Bataclan attacks and the talk of capitals being targeted.

We shouldn't bow to it and let them win but easier said then done when your children are involved.

IS (or whatever we call them this week) claim Berlin as one of their attacks.

Horrific events, but it's important to recognise the difference between a terrorist group, immigrants, and religious groups.

IS (or whatever we call them this week) claim Berlin as one of their attacks.

Horrific events, but it's important to recognise the difference between a terrorist group, immigrants, and religious groups.

Are they mutually exclusive though? If they were it'd be a lot easier to identify potential attackers. Unfortunately, although IS is keen to claim each one, some of the time it's just a very religious immigrant who's never had anything to do with IS except he/she agrees with what they're trying to do. As it has been on numerous occasions in Germany and France over the summer.

Same as yesterday. The day we stop going about our daily routines is the day the terrorist wins.

It's a simple question of being careful but then I've never considered it in my life. Would I go shopping in Manchester. Of course. Why wouldn't I?

I really don't see the point to the question.

Dear Jenny from the BBC is trying to make you and everyone whose listening to question otherwise.

I have to say I have changed my plans on the back of things like this in the past.

Last year we had a trip to winter wonderland in London booked late December but just didn't feel comfortable going in the wake of the Bataclan attacks and the talk of capitals being targeted.

We shouldn't bow to it and let them win but easier said then done when your children are involved.

Winter wonderland at event city for us

Are they mutually exclusive though? If they were it'd be a lot easier to identify potential attackers. Unfortunately, although IS is keen to claim each one, some of the time it's just a very religious immigrant who's never had anything to do with IS except he/she agrees with what they're trying to do. As it has been on numerous occasions in Germany and France over the summer.

Absolutely they can be all 3 (or claim to be - I see very little religious belief in terrorism, but that's a grey area for some - like those suicide bombers beleiving they are going to paradise etc ), but the point is that people need to be able to see the clear differences between the 3 things.

It will be very interesting to see Trumps reaction, the middle east needs to have leaders who can instill a rule of law, so the likes of IS cannot operate in it. Will trump back Putin in Syria, or continue the current US agenda of backing the Rebels?

IMO the whole thing needs a massive push, to force IS out of all territories. That needs international forces, and UN backing, has Trump got the nous and power to do That?

Dear Jenny from the BBC is trying to make you and everyone whose listening to question otherwise.

If this is the lady reporting from Berlin I only noticed one remark from her about Germany being in shock and fear - or similar words - tonight. I did smile at that because I don't believe whole populations react this way. Certainly not in Europe.

There are plenty of UK media outlets and individuals doing far, far more to increase fear, tension and hatred than the BBC. I can't say it strikes me the Beeb is behaving this way.

Archived