BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rant (4?)

Radio 1 consciously took the decision to drive away older listeners:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jun/10/nick-grimshaw-radio-1-bbc-spotify-apple-music

All they have succeeding in doing is make it sound like every other commercial radio station. When I was a kid, I listened to Radio 1, as it was always a cut above the likes of Rock FM, kids don't need to be talked down to.

Now 6Music has jumped into Radio 1's old position and there is nothing differentiating it from the commercial stations- ergo their listening figures are collapsing.

The highlighted bit is part of the problem as I see it. Fair enough if they want to set a target demographic of 15-29 but with numpties like Grimshaw and the utter dross they repetitively play, they're actually pitching it at more like the 9-14 age range.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been listening to radiox on dab radio at work lately, really good music(for me anyways) and presenters that are bearable(even moyles is quite good now)

I listen to Moyles in the morning, then Simon Mayo on the drive home (as Im not a fan of Jonny Vaughan).

Decent mix in my opinion, and Id agree the music on radio x is pretty good too.

I listen to Moyles in the morning, then Simon Mayo on the drive home (as Im not a fan of Jonny Vaughan).

Decent mix in my opinion, and Id agree the music on radio x is pretty good too.

Obviously I'm too old for Radio 1 and I'm proud of it. I always listened to Moyles in the morning and Mark and Lard in the afternoon, fabulous.

Now the open weeping sore that is 'Grimmy' ? Scott Mills ? Talentless gay fest.

I loved Mark and Lard, brilliant entertainment. Now it's Steve Wright in their slot. The Radio 2 controller should be shot

Or worse, forced to listen to Steve Shyte on a regular basis. 30 stone has-been surrounded by his studio sycophants laughing at his every word. Show formula hasn't changed in 20 years, incredibly still ses 'muppetry', champnio and draclear.

Hilarious.

• Moderation Lead

I'm a bit indifferent towards Moyles personally, but Radio 1 when they tried to appeal to a younger audience and got 'Grimmy' in his place, lost an absolute shed load of listeners in the process! :lol:

• Backroom

Read in the Mirror this morning that there's plans to include the Tb license fee for "catch up" services. Using iplayer for instance would require a special code under the new guidelines.

Why would that be an issue? Anyone that watched BBC content in the Uk should pay the licence fee surely

Skanky Preston slappers walking thru centre in fluffy pj's. N dressing gowns .. Wtffffff

I honestly don't understand why people do this. Lasses of all ages out in their pyjamas it's ridiculous. In fact I think I may have posted similar on this thread a couple of years back (albeit the original thread)

anybody(which now seems to be everybody) that thinks wearing tracky bottoms 24/7 and in public is fine

GET SOME SELF RESPECT YOU SCRUFFY @#/?.

What is acceptable attire in public

What's actually wrong with tracky bottoms, putting aside prejudice for a second? Its a fashion of a subculture of society, just like goths, skaters, hip-hop or any other subculture. Are all people who wear tracky bottoms criminals or anti-social? Are they heck.

Wearing tracky bottoms is a choice made when getting dressed. Wearing PJs is being too lazy to bother getting dressed.

Wearing "tracky bottoms" is a lazy option for lazy people. And so is failing to spell out track suit bottoms properly

How is it? Takes the same amount of time and effort to put them on as jeans does. Funny how you and tj, the 2 most left-wing people on here, have the most prejudice towards it. Just re-affirms the problem with modern Labour supporters, that they hate the white working class who they demand allegiance from. You certainly wouldn't be a scathing about equally absurd clothing of minorities, such as black people wearing basketball tops 3 sizes too big for them or Muslim women wearing a niqab when them majority of Islamic scholars agree it isn't necessary.

• Moderation Lead

I think they've got a point re presentation to be fair, but that said I've got a pair of jogging bottoms that are delightfully comfortable for lounging around at home in!

On the other points, not a fan of the niqab personally (no issue with head scarves), or baggy clothes to wear myself, but to each their own!

What's actually wrong with tracky bottoms, putting aside prejudice for a second? Its a fashion of a subculture of society, just like goths, skaters, hip-hop or any other subculture. Are all people who wear tracky bottoms criminals or anti-social? Are they heck.

Wearing tracky bottoms is a choice made when getting dressed. Wearing PJs is being too lazy to bother getting dressed.

What are you on about, i dontcknpw where you're living but its not a sub culture or any kind of fasion statement, its teens, grown men and women of all ages just being to lazy and scruffy to put on a pair of trousers or jeans, most of them dont even wear nice looking and well fitting clean tracky bottoms, usually its justvthose mangy baggy grey cotton things, im not even getting started pn those weirdos that wear shorts all day no matter the weather.

How is it? Takes the same amount of time and effort to put them on as jeans does. Funny how you and tj, the 2 most left-wing people on here, have the most prejudice towards it. Just re-affirms the problem with modern Labour supporters, that they hate the white working class who they demand allegiance from. You certainly wouldn't be a scathing about equally absurd clothing of minorities, such as black people wearing basketball tops 3 sizes too big for them or Muslim women wearing a niqab when them majority of Islamic scholars agree it isn't necessary.

left wing? Haha you kno sqwat about me, so keep your prentious @#/? to yourself.

Archived