BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shaw On The Embargo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that Den, what I don't know is how much of that includes pay offs, and players still be paid that are not here... Will that count towards FFP? Will Vs pay that off?

If you look at the squad now, it's hard to see JR apart how the wage bill of current players can be that high..

If you read the article Bucks, as den quite rightly said, it clearly states that we need one more player sale of £6mill upwards to get out the embargo (apparently). Shaw's way of justifying the sale of Rhodes, or presumably the sale of the rest of them in a mega bundle deal as I'm not sure where else we could get such a figure from.

My point was that the article doesn't just refer to one off player sales. It mentions the reduction of our wage bill combined with big profit from the Rudy sale.

Yippee, if we only sell 1 more player for 6m then we can start filling the squad with defensive midfielders, goalkeepers and slow wingers again.

Very nice of the MD to come out and do an interview, how about telling us what the plan and target for the season is?

To be fair Shaw has finally addressed a few things we have been wanting to hear from the club about for ages, better late than never I suppose,

Though I do get the feeling that his comments regarding getting out of the embargo sounded a little like he was trying to soften the blow of a fan backlash if/when Rhodes leaves.

No he isn't. He mentions all of the players that have been removed from the wage bill as well like Murphy etc. Massive wage reduction along with a 5.8 million pound profit on a player helps

Its all there in black and white. The figures are facts. Massive wage reductions? The wage bill had dropped 10% - from £34m to £31m, hardly massive.

John Williams said that relegation would be a disaster for this club. He said the job losses would be huge and basically the club would be unrecognisable. We haven't started to tackle the real implications of relegation yet IMO and that's showing in continued huge losses. So either we continue to mount debt or we make even more savage cuts. As MCMC1875 correctly said last week, the parachute payments are intended to give clubs time to reorganise finances following the loss of PL money. Bowyer/Shaw/venkys have hardly reacted to that yet.

Even if we do get out of the embargo we're going to essentially have to operate under the same restrictions just to avoid falling back into it again.

That's how I see it DE. With a turnover of a mere £16, there's no room for manoeuvre - unless the owners are prepared to shoulder continued losses. Are they?

why do you have to stick your nose into everything

Cant you just give your opinion on the topic and then let others give theirs without you shouting them down with your repetitive comments and mockery.

p.s. cant believe J kean was on 10k, must have been one of S kean and Agnews final last insults

Out of the embargo, Brown up front, losing £1m a month, hence not a pot to pee in, uninspiring manager, still idiots like Shaw in charge, owners who aren't interested in positive investment = curve still downward.

I see no hard questions were asked by the Venkygraph as to why this c**t is talking about unmanageable contracts yet he drew most of them up, and that's not including Berg.

We really really need somone competent who can be trusted as MD. It could be the thing that stops this perpetual reverse.

• Backroom

That's how I see it DE. With a turnover of a mere £16, there's no room for manoeuvre - unless the owners are prepared to shoulder continued losses. Are they?

At some point Venky's will have to come to the realisation that this is now a hopeless cause. As the money in the PL continues to increase, the clubs coming down will be stronger and stronger, making it almost impossible for clubs at Championship level to compete for the automatic spots.

Cant you just give your opinion on the topic and then let others give theirs without you shouting them down with your repetitive comments and mockery.

p.s. cant believe J kean was on 10k, must have been one of S kean and Agnews final last insults

:wstu:

If we are talking about embargo then the real deadline is prior to summer 2016 when the rules change and suddenly 39 million can be used in an assault on promotion

(NOTE: i have no idea where this Money will come from merely that it will be easier for owners to infuse cash in an attempt at promotion but of course so can every other team...)

When does the Rolling period for accounts actually start/finish for compliance? The timing of rhodes eventual sale might be criticial...

but hasn't played him since his form drastically fell and It seems the clubs been trying to move him on one way or another for the past 2 years.

Yet Bowyer aided his downfall by not taking him out of the firing line. It destroyed Keans confidence to the point that his career may never recover. Then you ask who told Bowyer not to pick Robbo? That one period cost us a playoff place.

Archived