BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shaw On The Embargo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm Shaw talking about unmanageable contracts, players who were signed etc. But alot of that, was handled and overseen by Shaw himself. this guy is really making me angry more and more

Light at the end of the tunnel it seems. Even having said that, if we get out of embargo, I don't suppose we will have carte blanche to pay what we want to whom we want whilst FFP exists.

I think it's fairly obvious how the rest of this thread will go.

Well getting out of the embargo, simply means we are out of if ;) fact is, we still won't spend money, and it would be foolish to spend and increase debt again. So either way, its still a rubbish situation to be in.

Think the best solution would be to see all the fans return to Ewood, and increase our revenue streams. But again, the damage has already been done , and its highly unlikely.

Need to get rid of Shaw.

Can`t believe this bloke. How lucky he has been to be paid a fortune to clear up his own mess. The project has been a disaster as well, the only way we have been able to get rid of the misfits had been by huge payoff. Shaw is a rat who is going down with his ship.

How in the name of God was Jake Kean on 10k a week. HOW???? Utter lunacy.

Did Shaw come in after Murphy, Best and Etuhu signed or before?

Edit - just checked. Shaw joined just before Best, Murphy - literally 4 days after he joined they turned up. Not really sure we can lay those heinous mistakes at his door. Etuhu is more of an issue as that was a month later.

Since 28 Jun 2012 (when Shaw came in) I don't think we have signed anyone on daft contracts beyond Etuhu? Except for Rhodes, but that is defendable. And Jake Kean who signed his contract in Oct 2012.

All the Portugueezers etc were prior to him as well I think.

Not trying to rewrite history or be a Shaw apologist - just trying to get a clear view.

So while the guy may be a bellend I don't think we can blame him for those signings.

From the article:-

'It is understood that Rovers, who are in regular contact with the Football League, would have their embargo lifted if they sold a player for a similar fee to the one they have received for Gestede'.

Seems like it would be an immediate lifting of the embargo. Now who can we sell for £6m? (apart from Rhodes)

Thank god Bowyer was clever enough to spot players with potential like Cairney and Rudy, polish them up and sell for big profits, or we'd be in the Venky/Kean/Singh induced embargo till the end of time.

Possibly, but then a lot of our players get slagged on here, rightly or wrongly, so i don't know who's fault everything is anymore ;)

Getting out of the embargo is massive though, so at least there's a glimmer of light and we can look forward to not being the poor relation at the end of season transfer get-together. Even being able to get Prem players on loan because we can pay a small fee would be a big help.

The way I've viewed this transfer embargo and the lengths we have to do to get out of it is like having to sell a couple of ferrari's in order to have the ability to lease a few Vauxhall corsas. If it meant keeping the likes of Rhodes and gestede I'd rather stay in it indefinitely but if they both really want away may as well get out of it in the process.

• Backroom

How in the name of God was Jake Kean on 10k a week. HOW???? Utter lunacy.

Did Shaw come in after Murphy, Best and Etuhu signed or before?

Edit - just checked. Shaw joined just before Best, Murphy - literally 4 days after he joined they turned up. Not really sure we can lay those heinous mistakes at his door. Etuhu is more of an issue as that was a month later.

Since 28 Jun 2012 (when Shaw came in) I don't think we have signed anyone on daft contracts beyond Etuhu? Except for Rhodes, but that is defendable. And Jake Kean who signed his contract in Oct 2012.

Don't forget Berg's ridiculous contract.

Do we get a cup or medal for coming out of the embargo?

Just wondered if an open top bus celebration is likely.

I don't buy this bs that this will be the answer to everything, just a sadder and inferior squad of players.

The change in rules, means clubs will be allowed to lose up to £39m over a three year period. I doubt even if we do come out of embargo by reducing our losses to £39m, it will make any difference to our situation. Venkys aren't going back to that situation again are they! I would imagine well be aiming for roughly a break even scenario. That still means reducing losses drastically from where we are.

Do we get a cup or medal for coming out of the embargo?

Just wondered if an open top bus celebration is likely.

I don't buy this bs that this will be the answer to everything, just a sadder and inferior squad of players.

Probably Shaw just priming us all and trying to put a positive slant on Rhodes leaving.

So if he does, what then?

Are we free to buy Rhodes back?

The way I've viewed this transfer embargo and the lengths we have to do to get out of it is like having to sell a couple of ferrari's in order to have the ability to lease a few Vauxhall corsas. If it meant keeping the likes of Rhodes and gestede I'd rather stay in it indefinitely but if they both really want away may as well get out of it in the process.

See your point with the Ferrari v Vauxhall analogy. But remember Gestede was considered a cheap, clapped out Nova when we bought him - and we developed him.

Give Bowyer a bit of cash and he has proven he can find a gem. We have always had to sell a few - which is why we need to be able to trade.

I found the article encouraging.

Good to hear from someone at the club, especially talking positively about the outlook for the club.

I found it a load of rollocks.

What's being talked about here is using a one- off sale to reduce the losses. He's talking about a one- off transfer fee getting us out of embargo. That doesn't solve anything.

I don't think it's as cut and dried as that Den... Things remain unclear, but we have reduced the wage bill (on the surface) a lot... Just look at who we have left, who apart from JR is on any kind of big money? Shaw basically says with Kean going all the unwanted big earners are gone. It must be good news. As much as we can look at accounts and speculate (because they are all educated guesses) we don't know exactly what is going on and what the plan is, but he'd be a fool to be talking about being almost out of the embargo if we weren't in a much healthier position.

(personally i think the debt to Venky's will never have to be paid to them, like quite a few other owners do)

I don't think it's as cut and dried as that Den... Things remain unclear, but we have reduced the wage bill (on the surface) a lot... Just look at who we have left, who apart from JR is on any kind of big money? Shaw basically says with Kean going all the unwanted big earners are gone. It must be good news. As much as we can look at accounts and speculate (because they are all educated guesses) we don't know exactly what is going on and what the plan is, but he'd be a fool to be talking about being almost out of the embargo if we weren't in a much healthier position.

(personally i think the debt to Venky's will never have to be paid to them, like quite a few other owners do)

The wage bill in the last accounts was £31m. Turnover was only £24m. Wage to turnover went up to 130%.

I found it a load of rollocks.

What's being talked about here is using a one- off sale to reduce the losses. He's talking about a one- off transfer fee getting us out of embargo. That doesn't solve anything.

No he isn't. He mentions all of the players that have been removed from the wage bill as well like Murphy etc. Massive wage reduction along with a 5.8 million pound profit on a player helps.

I found the article encouraging.

Good to hear from someone at the club, especially talking positively about the outlook for the club.

laughing.gif

That's it, cling to the anger Abbey. And remember to keep ridiculing any fellow supporter who tries to have a bit of hope.

The wage bill in the last accounts was £31m. Turnover was only £24m. Wage to turnover went up to 130%.

Even the next set of accounts will be ridden with pay-offs for those awful contracts we were tied to. Will take a while before we see where we are going forward.

We do know we have a lower wage bill now and have 10 mil in transfer income this summer.

No he isn't. He mentions all of the players that have been removed from the wage bill as well like Murphy etc. Massive wage reduction along with a 5.8 million pound profit on a player helps.

That's it, cling to the anger Abbey. And remember to keep ridiculing any fellow supporter who tries to have a bit of hope.

If you read the article Bucks, as den quite rightly said, it clearly states that we need one more player sale of £6mill upwards to get out the embargo (apparently). Shaw's way of justifying the sale of Rhodes, or presumably the sale of the rest of them in a mega bundle deal as I'm not sure where else we could get such a figure from.

Archived