BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] My Grandsons First Game

Yep, hope he enjoys it, hopefully 3pts to send him on his way.

The trouble with the club 'making a fuss' over someone's first game is that it'd be too open to abuse. Whilst I think it would be a nice gesture, there'd be too many giving it 'Well it's my daughter/son/nephew/niece/chiwawa's (Delete as appropriate) first game as well, give me free stuff!

My Daughter's first game was Barnsley at home a three years ago - JR and Nuno Gomes scored. She's now had a ST for the last 2 years and is Rovers mad.

I know what your saying.But its not too hard to work out rovers families,since my father came here in the war as a family we have been roverites,north and south of the border.A presentation of a scarf badge and junior rover membership would be covered by the 1st ticket.£9 now.

Took my 8 year old Grandson, with his Mum, to his first Rovers game home to Villa the week before the FA Cup semi v Chelsea. He grew up a ManUre fan and I blame his Dad.

Couple of pints before the game should numb the pain a bit ;-)

Hope he enjoys it and gets the bug.

It worked with me when my Dad took me in 1967. He also took me to Deepdale and the T'urd but Rovers was the 1st (the last, my everything......thank you Barry White).

I have two grandsons, both nine months old. Assuming I take them to their first game when they are around four years old, I wonder who the opposition will be? AFC Fylde, Stockport, Witton Albion or Altrincham I suppose....

Whatever you do instil in them from an early age that Manure are the spawn of the devil. If anybody at school tells them different make sure they convince them that they are wrong.

Well, one will be at school in Lincoln, the other in Northwich. It's a fair bet that there will be Red Plastics everywhere butI'll try my best Al :-)

Then I can only suggest that you buy them a Rovers kit as soon as they know what they are and send them an anti-Scum email once a week.:)

I think we'll have to keep our children and grandchildren away from Citeh in the future, the Red rats from Manchester and Liverpool have had their day. Can't stand how many Liverpool fans there are in east lancashire. Most in their 40's and 50's. I wonder why that age group???

Was that the 1-0 game when McAteer scored? If so, that was my dad's last ever Rovers game.

I'm not sure to be honest, i think it was the game where the kids ran on the pitch and got thrown out, so the dads then jumped on to be thrown out with them!

I'm not sure to be honest, i think it was the game where the kids ran on the pitch and got thrown out, so the dads then jumped on to be thrown out with them!

Lol, I don't remember that but we played them away twice in about 12 months so could have been the other one

I think we'll have to keep our children and grandchildren away from Citeh in the future, the Red rats from Manchester and Liverpool have had their day. Can't stand how many Liverpool fans there are in east lancashire. Most in their 40's and 50's. I wonder why that age group???

Children of the 60's and 70's. The results of the abolishment of the maximum wage had left every local Lancashire club in the old 3rd and 4th Divisions within 10 years of it's inception. Glory hunting was the norm, I went to school in Darwen and there were way more MU / LUFC / Liverpool schollbags and scarves than Blackburn Rovers ones that's for sure. In those days the rovers fans had the rip taken out of them by their schoolmates.

Just as an aside as I went to my seat for the 2nd half v Shrewsbury I passed a 'dad and lad' on the steps. The temperature was falling quickly and the JWU is probably the coldest stand on the ground. The little lad was about 5 and had just a thin BRFC top on whilst his gormless parent had a T shirt plus a jacket. By the end of the match the kid must have been freezing. Chilling their knackers off is certainly not the way to make kids keen on going to Ewood.

Archived