BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Get Venky's To The Table

1 The sooner the better..

2 Probably not but you never know , I would take admin today and the risks it involves....

3 No idea , a lot less than the Venkys paid for it ....

4 Portsmouth, Rangers ,Coventry are all playing this weekend , in my opinion another 5 years of these idiots there will not be a club ...At least if they go today , there is a chance there will be a club in 5 years...

To be honest Waggy, I would actually take Administration now and drop down the leagues like Rangers did to rid the club of them. However, we would still then need very wealthy owners to fund the club thereafter. I just feel the more sensible approach would be to get Venky's to see the errors of their ways and then work together with them to create both professional internal and coaching structures at the club to get us back to the PL. They have the finances. It's the other bit that will take some doing.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you wonder why the Trust's attempts to make contact have floundered.

First rule of negotiation is to use ANY means to get face-to-face, and the second rule is to make sure you get a second face-to-face.

Your scorn and outrage isn't going to get you anywhere.

Stuart, they don't need to do either of those, it's you who wants them too. Until people start looking through their end of the telescope - which doesn't mean agreeing with them - nothing will change.

You're missing the point EiT.

I don't need Blackburn Rovers and I don't need to talk to the owners or anyone else connected to the club.

I've got loads of things to do on weekends and evening nights when Rovers are at home. As have thousands of others.

The owners and the club need to be talking to the fans, not the other way around.

If they want to bring a perfectly decent football club to its knees, run it into the ground and see it drop through the divisions then that's up to them. I can't prevent that.

If I sound scornful and outraged about this to you, so be it.

Plenty of exceptionally reasonable people have tried extremely politely to most respectfully talk to them. By email. On the phone. Face to face.

I would be very keen to see you try your 'ANY means' and see how far you get!

You're missing the point EiT.

I don't need Blackburn Rovers and I don't need to talk to the owners or anyone else connected to the club.

I've got loads of things to do on weekends and evening nights when Rovers are at home. As have thousands of others.

The owners and the club need to be talking to the fans, not the other way around.

If they want to bring a perfectly decent football club to its knees, run it into the ground and see it drop through the divisions then that's up to them. I can't prevent that.

If I sound scornful and outraged about this to you, so be it.

Plenty of exceptionally reasonable people have tried extremely politely to most respectfully talk to them. By email. On the phone. Face to face.

I would be very keen to see you try your 'ANY means' and see how far you get!

If the last five years have shown anything, it's that they can and have ignored people they don't want to talk to. Must come with extreme wealth I suppose, **** off money.

However, back to CLB's original point, waiting for them to descend from the mountain to beg forgiveness and seek advice and input from the fans hasn't gone entirely as we would have wished has it?

There is no chance of any dialogue with this bunch of idiots. Quite why they continue to hold on to Rovers is beyond me, as it makes no sense financially, promotionally, emotionally or logically.

Venkys out.

My thoughts exactly. A good summary.

VENKYS OUT!!!

If the last five years have shown anything, it's that they can and have ignored people they don't want to talk to. Must come with extreme wealth I suppose, **** off money.

However, back to CLB's original point, waiting for them to descend from the mountain to beg forgiveness and seek advice and input from the fans hasn't gone entirely as we would have wished has it?

And whose fault is that?

Nigh on 5 years now, and not a logical statement from them.

Many people with nothing bar the clubs best interest at heart, and significant business knowledge have tried to make contact with them to try to help both the club and indirectly them, almost all to silence, not even the courtesy of a reply.

What else do you expect people to do, the ball is very firmly in their court on this.

In fact EiT, given lots have others have tried what are you bringing to the table, and what are you trying?

But do they think it's in their court? This sums up everything I've been trying to say. It doesn't matter what we think, what matters is what they think. And despite how it irrational it seems to us, they must actually have a perspective on the club. Until we figure it out, no-one will get anywhere.

I'm not trying anything, there's been far too much trying without thinking in my opinion.

And whose fault is that?

We all know.

So what now?

We all know.

So what now?

Genuinely now, I don't think there's anything that could be done.

Wailing imprecations for dialogue to be opened are very likely to be met with monarchical callous indifference. A bit like roman emperors turning their thumbs down 'cos they're a bit moody after the string on their sandals went kaput.

I think we're helpless passengers, waiting the crash unfold from between our fingers.

Genuinely now, I don't think there's anything that could be done.

Wailing imprecations for dialogue to be opened are very likely to be met with monarchical callous indifference. A bit like roman emperors turning their thumbs down 'cos they're a bit moody after the string on their sandals went kaput.

I think we're helpless passengers, waiting the crash unfold from between our fingers.

I believe in life there's always options, Broadsword, sometimes doing anything at all, no matter how seemingly futile, is better than doing nothing because it can bring up new information.

The fact that everyone keeps saying we don't know anything about what they think gives me the most hope, there's stuff we can still, in theory, discover that might be helpful

if you got venkys to the table, what would you hope to achieve?

More money? - Even if they gave us a billion we couldn't spend it due to FFP.

Get John Williams / Tom Finn back? - Would they come back? Bridges burnt plus they probably both have new jobs and have moved on.

Sack the current board? - Who else would run the club?

if you got venkys to the table, what would you hope to achieve?

More money? - Even if they gave us a billion we couldn't spend it due to FFP.

Get John Williams / Tom Finn back? - Would they come back? Bridges burnt plus they probably both have new jobs and have moved on.

Sack the current board? - Who else would run the club?[/quote

Most of what you ask was covered in the initial post.

But do they think it's in their court? This sums up everything I've been trying to say. It doesn't matter what we think, what matters is what they think. And despite how it irrational it seems to us, they must actually have a perspective on the club. Until we figure it out, no-one will get anywhere.

I'm not trying anything, there's been far too much trying without thinking in my opinion.

We all know.

So what now?

So, you say people need to try and speak to them, but when its pointed out that has been happening since day 1, you have no other ideas. As for a perspective on the club, I honestly don't think they have a joint perspective between themselves on how things are presently, let alone what has happened in their time, or from this point onwards.it seems the only people who get close enough to even speak to them are those who give them a positive message, that in itself is irrational.

Archived