BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Get Venky's To The Table

I hate Venky's with a passion. They've destroyed our club. I won't go through the list why because there have been multiple topics on the subject and it's all been done to death a thousand times and more.

Whilst some of our support want Venky's out at all costs, even if it involves administration and a restart in the lower leagues, I think it's acknowledged by most that we do need them. According to the last Accounts they put in just shy of £30 million, this on top of more millions in previous accounting periods. In short, they are loaded. Not Man City or Chelsea loaded but loaded nonetheless. Under normal circumstances and having our owners conduct their football business in 'normal' ways we would be the envy of most other clubs.

So let's look at a possible way forward. We all know that the club won't/can't be sold. We know on the face of it Venky's don't appear to have any inclination to sell. We know that we can't force them to sell, our support is too weak for that.

So let's get them to the table. In their five years at the club there has been virtually no togetherness, no dialogue, no nothing. If they have plans in place, we are unaware of them. If they have plans in place they are failing. Big style.

They need football people to show them how to operate. People like John Williams and Tom Finn, not that either of them will return but nevertheless people like them. They need to know that the present internal structure at the club is not up to scratch. The manager is not up to scratch and in turn current player recruitment is not up to scratch. In short, they need to know that the whole club needs an overall but, importantly, that they need to be a part of the change.

They are wealthy owners. If only they had given Sam Allardyce several million pounds to play with and let football people do the rest.

As supporters of the club we have attempted to force them out, but failed. Surely it is now in our interests to think outside the box and attempt to get them to the table and force change by working together.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the sentiments completely. The problem is they will do what they always do - ignore us plebs and do whatever they want to out of arrogance and pigheadedness. Those people at the club that are in a position to convey these concerns to them are part of the problem and would never rock the gravy train in a million years.

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar. You're gonna go far..

Would be interesting to know just what went on with the Venkys v Kentaro lawsuit. Were they finally wrestling full control of the club back ? Maybe that's why things settled down a bit in the last couple of seasons and they've been happy with Gaz and his stability whilst the mess is being cleared up. Wonder if it's contributed to coco hiding out in Brunei living off his i'll gotten stash and tantric & co's disappearance from almost everywhere.

It's about time they themselves went public on this, shame the chancers and finally tell the fans just what they see for the club now and in the future.

Rovers is a commodity and all commodities have a price. The trouble is the valuation.

If they do sell it will be quick, it will be done so they can remain with some dignity, and we will find out when it is a done deal.

The only way we an get to the V's is to take the campaign to their backyard, to India. It can be done but it will cost. A few high profile stunts can be organised around events they they patronise (what a good word to describe the V's) or attend, along with newspaper advertising.

I can organise some of this but first please send me at least £5K to cover some of the costs.

Would be interesting to know just what went on with the Venkys v Kentaro lawsuit. Were they finally wrestling full control of the club back ? Maybe that's why things settled down a bit in the last couple of seasons and they've been happy with Gaz and his stability whilst the mess is being cleared up. Wonder if it's contributed to coco hiding out in Brunei living off his i'll gotten stash and tantric & co's disappearance from almost everywhere.

It's about time they themselves went public on this, shame the chancers and finally tell the fans just what they see for the club now and in the future.

Interesting place is Brunei; it would really suit the Rao family. I joined a ship out there and had 2 days in a beach hotel before it docked.

Spent some fun time teasing the sharks with beer cans (full, you get a better aim), it is an ideal place for the Chuckle Bros and Madame to take a dip.

If only, CLB.

They've ignored requests at every turn and, simply put... I doubt they'll ever be willing to respond, restructure and repair.

We can speculate why theyve been so stubbornly silent.

In my opinion, the only time we may see change is if the matriarch madam steps down.

Interesting place is Brunei; it would really suit the Rao family. I joined a ship out there and had 2 days in a beach hotel before it docked.

Spent some fun time teasing the sharks with beer cans (full, you get a better aim), it is an ideal place for the Chuckle Bros and Madame to take a dip.

Chucking away full cans of ale ??? are you mad lol must have been carling then !

I hate Venky's with a passion. They've destroyed our club. I won't go through the list why because there have been multiple topics on the subject and it's all been done to death a thousand times and more.

Whilst some of our support want Venky's out at all costs, even if it involves administration and a restart in the lower leagues, I think it's acknowledged by most that we do need them. According to the last Accounts they put in just shy of £30 million, this on top of more millions in previous accounting periods. In short, they are loaded. Not Man City or Chelsea loaded but loaded nonetheless. Under normal circumstances and having our owners conduct their football business in 'normal' ways we would be the envy of most other clubs.

So let's look at a possible way forward. We all know that the club won't/can't be sold. We know on the face of it Venky's don't appear to have any inclination to sell. We know that we can't force them to sell, our support is too weak for that.

So let's get them to the table. In their five years at the club there has been virtually no togetherness, no dialogue, no nothing. If they have plans in place, we are unaware of them. If they have plans in place they are failing. Big style.

They need football people to show them how to operate. People like John Williams and Tom Finn, not that either of them will return but nevertheless people like them. They need to know that the present internal structure at the club is not up to scratch. The manager is not up to scratch and in turn current player recruitment is not up to scratch. In short, they need to know that the whole club needs an overall but, importantly, that they need to be a part of the change.

They are wealthy owners. If only they had given Sam Allardyce several million pounds to play with and let football people do the rest.

As supporters of the club we have attempted to force them out, but failed. Surely it is now in our interests to think outside the box and attempt to get them to the table and force change by working together.

Brave post - hope you got broad shoulders.

Brave post - hope you got broad shoulders.

He shouldn't take any aggro for trying to make a constructive, positive proposal.

I think he's misguided, but heaven knows, he's as fed up as I am.

Aren't we all totally fed up of being run in this manner? It's so hurtful to see the club treated like this. We all want the pain to be over, but opinions vary on how this should be achieved. But those opinions should be respected.

I'm not sure how your message achieves anything, really.

I'm aware of course that Bower, Shaw et al are part of the internal structure problem. The initial meeting would have to be brokered by a third party who would have the ability to impress on Venky's that the club being run in its present way is simply a basket case. Getting Venky's to the table has got to be easier than getting them to sell, although admittedly it would still be difficult.

I'm aware of course that Bower, Shaw et al are part of the internal structure problem. The initial meeting would have to be brokered by a third party who would have the ability to impress on Venky's that the club being run in its present way is simply a basket case. Getting Venky's to the table has got to be easier than getting them to sell, although admittedly it would still be difficult.

I like the sentiment CLB, but i just can't ever see it happening because they're not interested in anyones opinion other than their own.

Kamy has a foot in the camp, maybe he can sound someone out about the possibility, but I wouldn't hold my breath, 5yrs of Venkys tells us they're not the brightest and certainly don't ever communicate with the people that count, the fans.

I think he's misguided, but heaven knows, he's as fed up as I am.

As I see it, without change, there are three options :-

1. Venky's sell and new owners come in.

2. Status quo remains and we plummet through the divisions.

3. We get them to the table and orchestrate change together.

1. Ain't going to happen.

2. Probably will happen.

3. Surely this should be the aim in the best interests of club and supporters?

2. Probably will happen.

3 too many like the Stockholm way I'm afraid

Their tenure is approaching some 5 years and still no meaningful dialogue with our supporter base as to what they want/expect from their investment.

Do you think they would have opened talks by now if they gave a damn about OUR opinions and input?

I detest these gobshytes with a passion like never before,their arrogance is appalling.

• Moderation Lead

2. Probably will happen.

Nunber 3 has to be the ultimate aim. Get them to the table, make the two Ians aware and we give them an 'out'.

Venkys v Kentaro lawsuit? Must have spent some time under a rock as this appears to have totally passed me by.

2. Probably will happen.

I completely agree, but then I did sit next to you in school for years!

It's far too late for the protests, trips to India etc. They are clearly here for the duration so I agree that negotiation is the only way forward.

The trouble is I think they don't trust the motives of the two Ians, and, as this basketcase of a messageboard shows day in and day out, there is no united fan base to negotiate with. Plus we have nothing to bring to the table other than grievances.

However, any dialogue at all, talks about talks etc., would be preferable in my mind to the current situation and could be the beginnings of something better. I think that ex-Blackburn Mayor who got invited to their birthday bash would be a good conduit.

I completely agree, but then I did sit next to you in school for years!

It's far too late for the protests, trips to India etc. They are clearly here for the duration so I agree that negotiation is the only way forward.

The trouble is I think they don't trust the motives of the two Ians, and, as this basketcase of a messageboard shows day in and day out, there is no united fan base to negotiate with. Plus we have nothing to bring to the table other than grievances.

However, any dialogue at all, talks about talks etc., would be preferable in my mind to the current situation and could be the beginnings of something better. I think that ex-Blackburn Mayor who got invited to their birthday bash would be a good conduit.

Thing is EiT, over the weekend in response to some other posts about the 2 Ian's I listened again to them on a Radio Lancs interview. They couldn't have been more explicit about trying to help Venkys get it right .in fact they said they hadn't set out to buy the club but that it was only an option amongst a lot of others if that's what Venkys preferred. It went on to say that they would be more than happy to let Venkys set the plan and the rules as long as they could influence things from Blackburn. Somebody must have done those two in regarding Venkys and it was probably somebody who is long gone from the Club. I have no clue why they won't even reply to anything the Ian's have sent them and I did not get the impression it was anything hostile from what he said. It's just bonkers

As supporters of the club we have attempted to force them out, but failed. Surely it is now in our interests to think outside the box and attempt to get them to the table and force change by working

together.

Great post. But I suggest the only long term option is for them to move on.

Excellent post. How do we get them to the table though?

Then even if we do, the message would be "you've got the wrong people in the boardroom and the wrong people in the dugout". I wonder who would facilitate such a fans meeting on that basis?

Even if it was facilitated - somehow (Sergei, are you reading?) - we, us peasants, would effectively be telling them what to do. They don't like that. They need a manipulative sycophant. Sadly by their very nature manipulative sycophants tend to only care about themselves.

People have written to them, have called them, have tried to meet with them in person, people have vacated their seats in their thousands - but nothing hits the mark.

The previous communique was through the media - thanks to the Action Group - and that embarrassed them and they sent in Shebby to schmooze people. In the end it was enough, only just, and the damage had been done. The media no longer care because we are not a PL story and people continue to deride the Action Group given the opportunity.

So how exactly do we get the message from the fans to the owners? Especially when the fans closest to the club are giving them a big thumbs up through Shaw, Myers and Bowyer?

I wish I knew the answer.

With Allradyce, Williams and Finn et al, we were the envy of every town club in the land, now we are also-rans. The solution is to get people of that ilk back involved and give them full decision making responsibility for the football side of the business (everyone can see that). Like it was when they took over. But that would mean admitting they were wrong.

That lack of humility is pervading its way through the club, from board to manager, to players. Just keep going and hope we stumble across the right formula because anything else is an admission of guilt, of remorse. Which who knows may even require an apology...

Archived