BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Get Venky's To The Table

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... and that's the problem with discussions like this. The vast majority of replies were actually rather supportive of the idea (whilst generally sceptical about it being possible) but people tend to focus on the post they don't like.

It has happened. The trick isn't getting them to listen, it's getting them to acknowledge that anyone offering unsolicited advice may actually know what they're talking about.

I disagree. I think the trick is to get them to start talking, which was Clayton's point, build a rapport and see where it goes. Unsolicited advice unaccompanied by an unsolicited 100 million quid is what they have been rejecting all along.

... and that's the problem with discussions like this. The vast majority of replies were actually rather supportive of the idea (whilst generally sceptical about it being possible) but people tend to focus on the post they don't like.

It has happened. The trick isn't getting them to listen, it's getting them to acknowledge that anyone offering unsolicited advice may actually know what they're talking about.

Maybe if they stopped bouncing emails that may happen

I disagree. I think the trick is to get them to start talking, which was Clayton's point, build a rapport and see where it goes. Unsolicited advice unaccompanied by an unsolicited 100 million quid is what they have been rejecting all along.

You really think they would talk ? Really ?

They must be as thick as 2 short planks, every 'Expert' they've employed has cost them a fortune, robbed them in some cases.

But they simply don't learn lessons, how anyone believes, and plenty on here do, that they'll turn things around is just bordering on madness.

Who do they listen too? Who can they trust? Everyone is offering advice:

You idiots could get around FFP with a bit of effort and spend more money! You idiots have overspent like crazy and are taking us to the brink of oblivion!

You idiots keep sticking with a man who clearly has no ability to take us up, splash the cash, roll the dice get someone else in! Idiots - Appleton & Berg that was an obvious recipe for relegation. Bowyer oh no relegation here we come!

You idiots need to put a board structure in place! Oh such idiots why have you have appointed such numpty's to the board? Why don't you appoint the people you upset and refuse to come back?

Just go! err.. please stay and prop us up but keep quiet! Why don't you communicate more!

I can see why they are confused. They got it wrong, they still get it wrong, the position is diabolical but the only way to move forward on this is to have an elected group of representatives that can speak on behalf of ALL fans ideally with the chairperson on the clubs board.

So when the fans can agree on a common approach, I would suggest that is the time for dialogue and not before. Right now there isn't a plan out there with clear consensus that we can all sign up too.

Right now we are still at war even if its a cold war. Peace needs forgiveness and that's asking too much.

We are not ready to talk.

This poster on the LET is the one to send tp Pune. We just have to break him out first

12:00pm Thu 20 Aug 15 Los Angeles Rover says...

Personally I think it's time to back off criticism of the Venkys. They've done everything right since sacking Appleton and getting rid of Shabby given the embargo and mess we were in. They've given as much support to GB as they could, kept hold of the most valuable player outside the Premier League and financed the losses. They've learned from their mistakes and it's time for us to welcome them back to Ewood as a united club. COYB

You idiots could get around FFP with a bit of effort and spend more money! You idiots have overspent like crazy and are taking us to the brink of oblivion!

You idiots keep sticking with a man who clearly has no ability to take us up, splash the cash, roll the dice get someone else in! Idiots - Appleton & Berg that was an obvious recipe for relegation. Bowyer oh no relegation here we come!

You idiots need to put a board structure in place! Oh such idiots why have you have appointed such numpty's to the board? Why don't you appoint the people you upset and refuse to come back?

Just go! err.. please stay and prop us up but keep quiet! Why don't you communicate more!

I can see why they are confused. They got it wrong, they still get it wrong, the position is diabolical but the only way to move forward on this is to have an elected group of representatives that can speak on behalf of ALL fans ideally with the chairperson on the clubs board.

So when the fans can agree on a common approach, I would suggest that is the time for dialogue and not before. Right now there isn't a plan out there with clear consensus that we can all sign up too.

Right now we are still at war even if its a cold war. Peace needs forgiveness and that's asking too much.

Certainly sounds like you are not ready to talk! :P

But you make a good point. The fanbase is so disunited that nobody can agree what to do for the best. One view will always be the opposite of another.

Only two things can unite the fans: success (Dalglish/Souness/Hughes) or failure (Ince/Kean).

The recruitment of the right manager makes a far bigger impact on success than the right players but the wrong manager.

We have very little chance of success with the current set up (owners/board/manager) but we have little chance of failure is because the definition of 'success' keeps being redefined. Or should that be downgraded.

Words actually fail me . Us fans eh

This poster on the LET is the one to send tp Pune. We just have to break him out first

12:00pm Thu 20 Aug 15 Los Angeles Rover says...

Personally I think it's time to back off criticism of the Venkys. They've done everything right since sacking Appleton and getting rid of Shabby given the embargo and mess we were in. They've given as much support to GB as they could, kept hold of the most valuable player outside the Premier League and financed the losses. They've learned from their mistakes and it's time for us to welcome them back to Ewood as a united club. COYB

LA. ... The sporting fans of the area are deluded pricks . Raiders . Nothing else needs saying

• Moderation Lead

Words actually fail me . Us fans eh

LA. ... The sporting fans of the area are deluded pricks . Raiders . Nothing else needs saying

Aren't the Raiders based in Oakland? ;-)

Certainly sounds like you are not ready to talk! :P

But you make a good point. The fanbase is so disunited that nobody can agree what to do for the best. One view will always be the opposite of another.

Only two things can unite the fans: success (Dalglish/Souness/Hughes) or failure (Ince/Kean).

The recruitment of the right manager makes a far bigger impact on success than the right players but the wrong manager.

We have very little chance of success with the current set up (owners/board/manager) but we have little chance of failure is because the definition of 'success' keeps being redefined. Or should that be downgraded.

You will never get fans to agree 100% on anything, the range of views is so diverse.

The most you can hope for is a consensus of opinion, and I think you would have that if you asked the fans would they welcome Venkys bringing back Williams and Finn to run the club with full autonomy. It may not bring about success, but its the best option we have.

Both sides wanted something there. What makes you think Venky's want something from the fans?

Starting talking is the best way to find out.

I know this will upset a few but the fact is the only currency we can bring to the table is our goodwill. It's human nature, unless you are Donald Trump, to want to not be reviled so much. When diplomacy has triumphed, it usually started off behind the scenes when public admission of talks would have been totally unacceptable, and doesn't start with a list of demands slapped on the table.

All these demands to bring back Williams and Finn or give the club away to a bunch of financiers are fantasy. The only even slightly realistic objective is to get them talking with someone they feel doesn't want to make them grovel or give away the club.

Aren't the Raiders based in Oakland? ;-)

They used to play in LA and all the fan base is still around the delusional la area

I know this will upset a few but the fact is the only currency we can bring to the table is our goodwill. It's human nature, unless you are Donald Trump, to want to not be reviled so much. When diplomacy has triumphed, it usually started off behind the scenes when public admission of talks would have been totally unacceptable, and doesn't start with a list of demands slapped on the table.

All these demands to bring back Williams and Finn or give the club away to a bunch of financiers are fantasy. The only even slightly realistic objective is to get them talking with someone they feel doesn't want to make them grovel or give away the club.

Goodwill ? These slum dogs are killing our club .

Am I the only one with a memory?

Haven't the loons ignored every contact request?

So how is anyone going to converse with these blithering idiots?

Smoke signals , the owd hag loves anyone who blows smoke up her arse.

I think it's very fair to say that so many supporters, from the Rovers Trust, to club sponsors, to investors, ordinary fans with no agenda, supporters who want nothing from the owners, media just looking for a story - all have tried to open dialogue with the owners.

Either direct communication, through club board members, official business communiques, formal requests for meetings, offers of help, business proposals.

Club officials from the MD down all promising to set up meetings, facilitate dialogue, etc.

Nothing has happened, no response, no offers to talk, no thanks for efforts or concern put in, no acknowledgement of correspondence. Nothing.

These people will only talk when they want something - to sell the club, to increase commercial revenues, to get something.

They will never, in my opinion, communicate with fans, supporters groups, potential investors, the business community or anybody or organisation that might possibly be critical of their ownership even in a well-meant and positive way. To help them change things for the better.

I wish anyone attempting to open direct and meaningful lines of communication with the owners the best of luck and the Rovers Trust would certainly be happy to help in any way in a positive and constructive way.

But, experience tells us there's a lot of genuine effort and good will going in then going to waste.

Our club will continue to be divided while people like the Rao family own it and employ people like Shaw and Myers because none of them get what being a supporter of Blackburn Rovers really means. They don't get what growing up in a football town, in football families really means.

Sadly, their lack of empathy, the failure to instinctively understand what makes a football club different, the apparent indifference to history, tradition, community and the solidarity of supporting the same club are now far from unique in the owners and directors of football clubs in England.

This is a broken football club and will remain so until those in charge talk to us fans or get out.

But this is the whole point. THEY DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE. How do you talk to someone who doesn't care and won't listen.

YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME.

I know this will upset a few but the fact is the only currency we can bring to the table is our goodwill.

The only even slightly realistic objective is to get them talking with someone they feel doesn't want to make them grovel or give away the club.

And how do you propose this be attempted, let alone achieved? I'd love to know.

Venkys are not failing because nobody has wanted to talk to them.

But this is the whole point. THEY DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE. How do you talk to someone who doesn't care and won't listen.

YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME.

ReallY? I thought they had advisors coming out of their gazoo.

For sure they don't listen to people telling them what to do, demanding apologies, telling them to clear off etc., and not many on here would either.

I think it's very fair to say that so many supporters, from the Rovers Trust, to club sponsors, to investors, ordinary fans with no agenda, supporters who want nothing from the owners, media just looking for a story - all have tried to open dialogue with the owners.

Either direct communication, through club board members, official business communiques, formal requests for meetings, offers of help, business proposals.

Club officials from the MD down all promising to set up meetings, facilitate dialogue, etc.

Nothing has happened, no response, no offers to talk, no thanks for efforts or concern put in, no acknowledgement of correspondence. Nothing.

These people will only talk when they want something - to sell the club, to increase commercial revenues, to get something.

They will never, in my opinion, communicate with fans, supporters groups, potential investors, the business community or anybody or organisation that might possibly be critical of their ownership even in a well-meant and positive way. To help them change things for the better.

I wish anyone attempting to open direct and meaningful lines of communication with the owners the best of luck and the Rovers Trust would certainly be happy to help in any way in a positive and constructive way.

But, experience tells us there's a lot of genuine effort and good will going in then going to waste.

Our club will continue to be divided while people like the Rao family own it and employ people like Shaw and Myers because none of them get what being a supporter of Blackburn Rovers really means. They don't get what growing up in a football town, in football families really means.

Sadly, their lack of empathy, the failure to instinctively understand what makes a football club different, the apparent indifference to history, tradition, community and the solidarity of supporting the same club are now far from unique in the owners and directors of football clubs in England.

This is a broken football club and will remain so until those in charge talk to us fans or get out.

That's not quite true though. A few months ago it was reported in the Telegraph the asian ex-Mayor had been invited to their birthday bash - they invited him!!! - and he had taken the opportunity to tell them directly how much the club meant to the people of the town. I thought at the time it was the biggest breakthrough in four years and something that should be built on. He has their trust, whereas none of the other parties you mention do.

Having just read the article you are referring to - http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/11761151.Former_Blackburn_mayor_enjoys__half_a_million_pound__party_hosted_by_Venky___s/- I don't think I need to alter anything in my previous post.

Grilled lobster and unlimited booze at a £500k birthday party. Nero fiddling while Rome burns.

Archived