BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Get Venky's To The Table

Venkys v Kentaro lawsuit? Must have spent some time under a rock as this appears to have totally passed me by.

Apparently it started in 2011 and got settled in 2013 but was media silenced like everything else surround our farce.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how exactly do we get the message from the fans to the owners? Especially when the fans closest to the club are giving them a big thumbs up through Shaw, Myers and Bowyer?

I wish I knew the answer.

I wish I knew as well Stu, but it's got to be easier trying to get them to the table than trying to get them to sell a business into which they have pumped in over £80m and will effectively have to write off if any sale were to take place.

Ha! Yes but you were the clever one. Perhaps you learnt everything from me after all!

I think the ex Mayor thing could be a start or at least some 'high ranking' person from Blackburn's Asian community.

Indeed I did! Maybe we should invite Venky's for a kickabout on Sett End, give them a proper feel for the game!

There is no chance of any dialogue with this bunch of idiots. Quite why they continue to hold on to Rovers is beyond me, as it makes no sense financially, promotionally, emotionally or logically.

Venkys out.

Have you been watching pirate films ?

If anybody does manage to get them round the table, I've got four expensive chairs that are a bit like thrones for them to sit on which I will lend free of charge ( They just need to be near an electrical socket )

"Heated seats" for the cold weather, so to speak?

"Heated seats" for the cold weather, so to speak?

Of course only thinking of their comfort especially if its snowing , belive Mr D doesn't cope well with that kind of weather :) and they have a raised platform so everybody else there doesn't have to bend down so far to kiss Madame's feet

Excellent and constructive posts CLB. Shame they have been met with the stock "Venkys out" and "Venky's are imbeciles" type responses on here.

I completely agree with you. Even though they're currently pumping in in excess of 20m p.a. too keep us in existence seemingly without batting an eyelid, It's difficult to say too much in V's defence whilst they continue to employ GB as manager. But if they were to break the Bank and bring in the best manager they possibly could, how different the situation would suddenly look with that expertise and their wealth behind us, plus the potential riches on offer in the PL.

Of course only thinking of their comfort especially if its snowing , belive Mr D doesn't cope well with that kind of weather :) and they have a raised platform so everybody else there doesn't have to bend down so far to kiss Madame's feet

Excellent Smithers, excellent.

Excellent and constructive posts CLB. Shame they have been met with the stock "Venkys out" and "Venky's are imbeciles" type responses on here.

I completely agree with you. Even though they're currently pumping in in excess of 20m p.a. too keep us in existence seemingly without batting an eyelid, It's difficult to say too much in V's defence whilst they continue to employ GB as manager. But if they were to break the Bank and bring in the best manager they possibly could, how different the situation would suddenly look with that expertise and their wealth behind us, plus the potential riches on offer in the PL.

Dont disagree, however thats a big IF Rev. For every one of us its the simplest way of improving things, but they seem to have learned nothing in their tenure.

This would be in their interests I would have thought. The Venky's have been pouring millions into the club so there's not just reputation at stake, there's money. It would be foolish for them to completely alienate the fan base by rejecting an offer from previously hostile fan groups to sit at the table and talk about some progress. Even if the first meeting is glossed as a way for them to propose to us their vision because, as of now, we haven't really had one. No body really seems to know what's going on and it would be nice to be put in the loop. Do we expect to come out of the embargo? When? What's the plan once we are out of it?

Once they are at the table and can see the fans are no longer showing nothing but animosity it should become easier and easier to create dialogue. Protests and boos aren't working, let's be civilised and attempt to reason.

A first approach surely would be via our Communications Director. Good luck on that.

I have tried hard to visualise the Raos sitting down with Fan representaive to discussthe Rao's failings at Rovers. Nope - no visions in sight. It will not happen - ever, period, whatever.

Thinking about it, the best person so far that could have pulled it off (getting Venky's to the table) was Shebby Singh. Whilst his failings were there to be seen, he at least did have a certain pull about him in the eyes of the Raos. It only needs them to employ someone of a similar ilk and an opportunity may present itself.

Venkys out

... and that's the problem with discussions like this. The vast majority of replies were actually rather supportive of the idea (whilst generally sceptical about it being possible) but people tend to focus on the post they don't like.

I have tried hard to visualise the Raos sitting down with Fan representaive to discussthe Rao's failings at Rovers. Nope - no visions in sight. It will not happen - ever, period, whatever.

It has happened. The trick isn't getting them to listen, it's getting them to acknowledge that anyone offering unsolicited advice may actually know what they're talking about.

... and that's the problem with discussions like this. The vast majority of replies were actually rather supportive of the idea (whilst generally sceptical about it being possible) but people tend to focus on the post they don't like.

*Pedant mode on* Approximately 25 what I would term daft replies to 16 serious ones Glenn!

Agree with your second point entirely. Someone would have to actually convince them that they have the blueprint to get us back to the Premier League AND that they have a decent chance of pulling it off with the V's help AND that what the V's are doing at the moment is never likely to work.

Even though they're currently pumping in in excess of 20m p.a. too keep us in existence seemingly without batting an eyelid,

"seemingly" appears to not be much of a word.

Basically, no-one knows how they feel about haemorrhaging so much money. They're hardly going to say in public: "We're absolutely sick of Blackburn Rovers bleeding tons of our cash out, we can't afford to keep going like this, anyone want to make us an offer?"

So I'd be careful about making assumptions.

They are the only people that can get us out of the mess we are in, but they don't have the experience or perhaps even the appetite to do so. One appointment at board level is all it could take, bring in someone with the experience to sort the club out from top to bottom and just let them get on with it. They have the money to bring in someone with great respect within the football community and with the contacts to get things done in the right way.

It's absolutely fixable even with the level of debt and the overall state the club is in right now, but Venky's have to want to fix it and be prepared to allow a great degree of autonomy.

Archived