BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your Expectations

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Automatic promotion this season, a couple of marquee signings in the summer, then Champions League football the season after that. Franchise football - it's like garlic bread, it's the way forward. Hail Venky's, hail Venky's!

You forgot that Gary will be poached by the fa and take England on to win the World Cup

I think we are a couple of injuries away from a relegation dog fight,

Lose Conway , Marshall or Rhodes for a sustained period and we are in trouble,

I think at present we are looking at 16th at best

Surprised you have Marshall in that list - though I rate him, his performances this season haven't been the best. I am more worried about centre half - we are two injuries away from having a left back, or midfield player as one of our centre backs.

Relegation in all but fact by the end of October.

When you look at our upcoming fixtures, I agree. Can't see where the points are going to come from unless we have an unexpected turn in our style of play.

I would accept it better if we didn't have to play Burnley. I can see an easier win for them than last time out.

To blueboy:

http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/national/146518-insider-football-finance-championship-wage-bill-tops-500m/

Turns out it's season before last, which was only £2mill down on the season before. Take Orr, Best, Robbo etc off there and I'd be very surprised if we'd shaved £7m off the wage bill to fall below 7th. Take away QPR and Hull as they weren't in the division last season and whilst Norwich would have had comparative wage budget, I doubt Bournemouth or Watford were anywhere near us (they aren't shown in table as been promoted). That would still leave us in the top 5 or so last season, unless some other clubs managed to add £10mill+ to their wages.

Swiss Ramble looks at a lot of the other details in his piece, and acknowledges we under-performed in relation to our resources the season before last. I have no doubt this applied last season also. Bottom line is, Bowyer has had the resources.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/blackburn-rovers-burning-down-house.html

• Backroom

Surprised you have Marshall in that list - though I rate him, his performances this season haven't been the best. I am more worried about centre half - we are two injuries away from having a left back, or midfield player as one of our centre backs.

Marshall always has periods of the season where he's ineffective. Doesn't help that this season he's being played in a different position every game and is clearly @#/? off with the manager.

I think the reason Glen included him in that list is because he's one of the few players we have who has the ability to change a game. It doesn't happen often enough, but when it does it can make a big difference. Lose those types of players and we're staring down the barrel imo.

To blueboy:

http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/national/146518-insider-football-finance-championship-wage-bill-tops-500m/

Turns out it's season before last, which was only £2mill down on the season before. Take Orr, Best, Robbo etc off there and I'd be very surprised if we'd shaved £7m off the wage bill to fall below 7th. Take away QPR and Hull as they weren't in the division last season and whilst Norwich would have had comparative wage budget, I doubt Bournemouth or Watford were anywhere near us (they aren't shown in table as been promoted). That would still leave us in the top 5 or so last season, unless some other clubs managed to add £10mill+ to their wages.

Swiss Ramble looks at a lot of the other details in his piece, and acknowledges we under-performed in relation to our resources the season before last. I have no doubt this applied last season also. Bottom line is, Bowyer has had the resources.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/blackburn-rovers-burning-down-house.html

Even Dunny says in his LT interview that the playing budget will still be competitive. We still carried a big squad last season and this season i'll absolutely bet my last dollar that most of our regulars signed by Bowyer are on a decent total salary compared to over half this division. Just more excuses, the ones being paid off obviously effect his ability to bring quality in but the ones he has are good enough and paid well enough to do ok.

To blueboy:

If the players Bowyer inherited were on a lot of money but were not very good then you can hardly say it's Bowyer's fault and he underperformed.

We'll have to wait and see what the wage bill currently is but a hell of a lot of big earners have left since 13/14.

Archived