BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Stuart

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has looked a bit 'leggy' under Lambert and I thought did so today too. He is being asked to do a lot more intense work by closing defenders down, sometimes on his own. Perhaps he was one of the more unfit players and it will take him longer to get up to speed and make the necessary adjustments to his game.

You could be right, he's never looked like what I call a natural athlete.

Conversely, it's also a slight worry that Rhodes hasn't found the net as often since Lambert came to the club. Only three games so far, but he often seems isolated and struggles to have an impact on the game. That was true often under Bowyer as well, though, so I'll take Rhodes scoring less if it means as a team we win more often.

See arbitro's comments above about him being 'leggy'. If he's having to work hard on his fitness and do more closing down etc, it may have a short term negative impact on his game. But in the long run he'll be a far better player for it.

• Backroom

My dad said there was a noted change in him last week, seemingly working a little harder.

He's come on loads this season in that respect but it may take him a bit of time to adjust to Lamberts style and demands but he'll be back firing

• 2 weeks later...

Watford's two strikers (Deeney and Ighalo) gave a snapshot of what you should expect from your strikers these days. Both have pace and a phenomenal work rate. They chased the Liverpool back 4 all afternoon, were direct and tricky on the ball and Ighalo was unlucky not to bag a hat-trick.

Both these lads did the same in the Championship last year. - defend from the front.

Archived