BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Stuart

Surely the credit for the changes to the way Rhodes is being used is down to Bowyer and his coaching staff?

But you could also say it's foolish of them not playing to his strengths in the first place. I hope they stick with the current gameplan.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But you could also say it's foolish of them not playing to his strengths in the first place. I hope they stick with the current gameplan.

We haven't played to his strengths or chosen the best players at our disposal in their best positions for over 2 years. A couple of key injuries, one good win and finally two good halves of attacking football won't paper over the obvious failings and glaring fixes that needed doing for so long. Five or six wins in a row and I might change my tune about Bowyer for the medium term, but right now, going off the 'Standards he set himself' he is a failure.

We haven't played to his strengths or chosen the best players at our disposal in their best positions for over 2 years. A couple of key injuries, one good win and finally two good halves of attacking football won't paper over the obvious failings and glaring fixes that needed doing for so long. Five or six wins in a row and I might change my tune about Bowyer for the medium term, but right now, going off the 'Standards he set himself' he is a failure.

Wrong thread squire, think all Rhodes lead to Jordan.

QPR execution exemplary, class act.

JR will not go in January; no big deals are done in that window. However, unless some of the midfield players start to chip in with goals it will make little difference overall. There is too much on his shoulders if the expectation is that JR alone can get us to a place where promotion is a possibility. Koita is not demonstrating that he is good enough at this level - indeed I think he is demonstrating that patently he is not - and Delfouneso lacks something too. We need a big talented Premiership quality player on loan to replace Rudy and work alongside JR but who?

Really?

V Fulham he missed an open net from 4 yards, had a free header straight at the keeper and headed over from 3 yards.

Yesterday we was totally unmarked in the box and should have given the keeper no chance, then had a one on one and went the wrong way then a inch perfect cross dead in front of goal where he mistimed and missed the ball.

He's been superb but let's not rewrite history they've been sitters he's missed, on the flip side his goal on Wednesday was from nothing!

Andy Cole missed plenty sitters and was a something like one in five man. Different players and level of course but Rhodes is a lower level Cole in some ways. Lively strikers miss chances but they keep getting on the end of them and a fair share of them will go in.

If we analysed the chances Rhodes has missed in his time here when you feel he should have scored then look at the ones he's no right to score or scored out of the blue I still think the balance will be in his favour. By all means pick holes in him if we'd drawn 0-0 because of his missed chances but he came up trumps again on a day no one else was looking anything like scoring.

• Backroom

Nobody was picking holes just pointing out it wasn't true he hasn't missed any easy chances.

Also a bit disingenuous to say nobody else looked like scoring when his first goal was going in whether he touched it or not. His second was a cracking finish though.

• Backroom

Nobody was picking holes just pointing out it wasn't true he hasn't missed any easy chances.

Also a bit disingenuous to say nobody else looked like scoring when his first goal was going in whether he touched it or not. His second was a cracking finish though.

Funnily enough that was from the only other regular starter in our team who is a goal threat - Grant Hanley.

Still waiting on any of the others to start contributing. If Koita isn't going to score then we need at least two of Marshall, Conway or Guthrie to start chipping in. We can't place all our eggs in the Rhodes basket - better teams than Charlton will work out how to nullify that quickly enough.

• Backroom

It's funny I've been supprotive of the job scoring Koita and said how he's a good foil but I've been one of Browns biggest critics who is similar in that!

Hypocrite!

Ok apart from that please tell me who else looked like scoring before we were 2 up ? Also lets be right here if he hadn't glanced that in and it hit the post,which it could have done, then the call would be "why didn't he try and get a touch" would it not :D

It's funny I've been supprotive of the job scoring Koita and said how he's a good foil but I've been one of Browns biggest critics who is similar in that!

Hypocrite!

Koita is hugely more mobile though. Hes dangerous on the turn running at the defence, as well as wins the flick ons and lays off as well as Brown does.

Brown offers no threat at all running at a defence and can be easily handled by the opposition pushing up. Also his injury record is so abysmal I dont think Brown had managed more than three games in a row.

Also Koita look ls like he will eventually score a few. Hit the post, bar, narrowly missed, forced good saves. Brown never has.

Koita is a much much much better option. So.don't be too hard on yourself :)

Koita is hugely more mobile though. Hes dangerous on the turn running at the defence, as well as wins the flick ons and lays off as well as Brown does.

Brown offers no threat at all running at a defence and can be easily handled by the opposition pushing up. Also his injury record is so abysmal I dont think Brown had managed more than three games in a row.

Also Koita look ls like he will eventually score a few. Hit the post, bar, narrowly missed, forced good saves. Brown never has.

Koita is a much much much better option. So.don't be too hard on yourself :)

Agree with this, Koita is raw but looks like he could have something although probably not a prolific scorer but his technique will be better than Brown when he's developed you would think.

Brown has been a bit unlucky but he looks gassed after about half an hour anyway when he has played. He is what it says on the tin, a lower league plodder in every sense of the word. If he got 100% fit both injury wise and fitness wise he might do a job in the squad but at this stage of his career I doubt that'll happen. Goes down as a poor signing imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Rhodes on the bench for Scotland tonight, hope he stays there tbh...

It's kind of hilarious how Scotland have both the best and the worst Rovers player in their squad....yet decide to start with the worst, but keep the best on the bench.

Archived