BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Journey Into Mordor

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely JAL, let's get the boy written off on the basis of 60 seconds + injury time in a TV game.

Let's face it you'll never ever see him in the flesh so well done for such detailed and well founded analysis.

In case you'd missed it the next TV game is against Forest in mid-December, put it in your diary won't you.

JAL is the writing off the youth champ, so I am not trying to steal the crown.

However I do have to say the three times I've seen O'Sullivan he doesn't look too promising. In his position you need to worry defenders and I've never see him once get goal side of his man.

Just spoke to a 'Rovers Fan' on twitter who said "Akpan is the worst centre midfielder he's seen in a Rovers shirt" AND THEN SAID...

"I hope JASON LOWE isn't too far away"

Some people were just born moronic.

What's the general view on the challenge on Hanley? Accidental or deliberate intent to cause injury? Difficult to prove the latter but I can't help but have my suspicions.

I thought it was a dangerous challenge and cannot believe the ref didn't even give a free kick. Bowyer was clearly unhappy about it in the post match interview on sky. Hanley had already headed the ball clear; Murphy must have missed the ball by about 2 feet.

I agree with the comments already about the ref; he gave them everything.

Just spoke to a 'Rovers Fan' on twitter who said "Akpan is the worst centre midfielder he's seen in a Rovers shirt" AND THEN SAID...

"I hope JASON LOWE isn't too far away"

Some people were just born moronic.

Apkan"s touch is abysmal but he has more presence in one finger than Lowe does in his entire body. Not his best game tonight but always looks involved and has mobility and bite which no other midfielder offers.

People championing Lowe have short memories indeed.

What's the general view on the challenge on Hanley? Accidental or deliberate intent to cause injury? Difficult to prove the latter but I can't help but have my suspicions.

I thought it was a dangerous challenge and cannot believe the ref didn't even give a free kick. Bowyer was clearly unhappy about it in the post match interview on sky. Hanley had already headed the ball clear; Murphy must have missed the ball by about 2 feet.

i personally thought it was deliberate, but regardless of whether or not it was, we were never gonna get a free kick because the officials all love Leeds.

Not that it matters now though. 0-2 :)

Agreed with the commentary after the replay, clash of heads.. Looked like an offence in real time but wasn't.

• Backroom

The ref was embarrassing tonight. Couldn't have been more one-sided if he'd tried. Not sure about the head-clash Hanley was involved in, but there were two elbows from Leeds players just before that which went completely unpunished. Yet, if one of ours so much as breathed on a Leeds player he blew his whistle. An abject display of officiating.

Good result. We were on fire in the opening minutes and were good value for our 2-0 lead, even after taking our foot off the gas a bit. Second half we were comfortable but sat back too much for my liking. Not going to complain though as we got the win, though I do think we could have bagged a few more if we had pushed on.

Steele's kicks were mostly woeful and he looked a little shaky at times. Didn't have too much to do though. I thought the defence were great for the most part. Midfield did well yet were a little sloppy and laboured at times in the second half. Great finishes from Conway and Rhodes. Thought Lawrence was superb, particularly in the first half. Chris Taylor had a great game also. Noticed we gave away a lot of fouls but I won't criticise the team for being combative.

There were plenty of suggestions on here over the summer to sell Rhodes and bring in Chris Wood. I thought he was woeful tonight. He didn't get much service from Leeds but he was bullied out of the game by Hanley and Duffy. Glad we have Jordan.

Overall, happy tonight with a solid result against a terrible Leeds side. We need to build on this though and not revert to type. I'm not too hopeful.

The ref was embarrassing tonight. Couldn't have been more one-sided if he'd tried. Not sure about the head-clash Hanley was involved in, but there were two elbows from Leeds players just before that which went completely unpunished. Yet, if one of ours so much as breathed on a Leeds player he blew his whistle. An abject display of officiating.

Next season I hear the referees and officials are going professional full time in the championship which should hopefully reduce any complaints

Apkan"s touch is abysmal but he has more presence in one finger than Lowe does in his entire body. Not his best game tonight but always looks involved and has mobility and bite which no other midfielder offers.

People championing Lowe have short memories indeed.

Don't want to sound like Bowyer here but people have to be realistic... If Akpan could score goals, have a great first touch and protect the back four as well as he does then there's absolutely no chance he'd be playing in the championship. He's a bit raw yes but the lad does his job and that's all I want from our players. Teams who get out of this league do their jobs week in week out manage the playoffs, tonight everybody did their jobs and that's what we need from kick off to final whistle every single game if we're ever going to do anything in this league. Too many individual errors cost us points, that team should remain unchanged now for the next game if we're going to find any consistency.

Williamson was our best mid last year, but the way he plays the game is so alien from how we've been doing it recently. He likes to sit very deep, like Lowe does, and struggles with pace. Having to play him against Brum could really mess with our balance.

Really hope Guthrie is available. Or failing that maybe play Taylor in the middle?

Really hope Guthrie is available.

Can't be dropping players from a team that's just got a win away from home. I like Guthrie also but some consistency is needed. I've been a big critic of Evans but he deserves to start the next game.

Don't want to sound like Bowyer here but people have to be realistic... If Akpan could score goals, have a great first touch and protect the back four as well as he does then there's absolutely no chance he'd be playing in the championship. He's a bit raw yes but the lad does his job and that's all I want from our players. Teams who get out of this league do their jobs week in week out manage the playoffs, tonight everybody did their jobs and that's what we need from kick off to final whistle every single game if we're ever going to do anything in this league. Too many individual errors cost us points, that team should remain unchanged now for the next game if we're going to find any consistency.

Buddy was agreeing with you! That's what I was getting at he has presence and bite which is what his position needs.

Can't be dropping players from a team that's just got a win away from home. I like Guthrie also but some consistency is needed.

If fit Guthrie would be my first choice for brum because Evans is suspended

I thought it was just a fair challenge which ended in a clash of heads. No problem with it myself. Why are we whinging about the ref, surely the story tonight is that we started brilliantly, strugggled for a bit and then did well in second half. You come on here after a good win and all you see are people complaining about various free kicks or throws we may or may not have deserved. Let's be happy for once.....please.

• Backroom

Can't be dropping players from a team that's just got a win away from home. I like Guthrie also but some consistency is needed. I've been a big critic of Evans but he deserves to start the next game.

He's suspended after picking up a yellow tonight, so he can't start the next match.

I'd bring Henley back in at right back, put Taylor in the middle and Marshall on the wing. Assuming Guthrie is still injured, anyway.

Hes suspended.

Genuinely thought he was finished as a player last season. Totally abysmal. This year he has been excellent along with Akpan and Guthrie. Never seen a player turn round their performances so much.

Archived