BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Journey Into Mordor

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say since Fulham away we look like a team that could go up if we had a second goal scorer. Conway, Rhodes, Lawrence, Olsson, Hanley, Guthrie, Duffy, Marshall, Akpan and Evans all look good enough to make the playoffs. Probably player for player, Gestede aside, the best first XI we have had in the Championship although very thin up top and centre back.

We have a good team. It's so frustrating we are down at the bottom of the league.

Have to say since Fulham away we look like a team that could go up if we had a second goal scorer. Conway, Rhodes, Lawrence, Olsson, Hanley, Guthrie, Duffy, Marshall, Akpan and Evans all look good enough to make the playoffs. Probably player for player, Gestede aside, the best first XI we have had in the Championship although very thin up top and centre back.

We have a good team. It's so frustrating we are down at the bottom of the league.

We are 14th, therefore midtable..

Williamson was our best mid last year, but the way he plays the game is so alien from how we've been doing it recently. He likes to sit very deep, like Lowe does, and struggles with pace. Having to play him against Brum could really mess with our balance.

Really hope Guthrie is available. Or failing that maybe play Taylor in the middle?

Williamson has NEVER been our best midfielder.

Lowe and Evans were utter @#/? last year, and Cairney played on the wing. Williamson spent most of the season either poor or okay with a few good performances in there (the Liverpool games for example). So Williamson wins by default!

Lowe was injured all season.. Cairney and Evans were the shyte ones..

Not sure I agree fully about Apkan.

His first touch is poor and he's no eye for goal. Work in progress for me Neal, he could go either way.

With you on that one Gav. Played well tonight off the ball, last thing we need is him on it. Like the bloke but he is not a friend of the ball.

You are right, cairney was central and shyte.. Whisper it quietly though..

Cairney started 90 percent of our games on the right and drifted in, as he is doing at Fulham.

You can't trust Cairney in the middle.

Give me Lawrence all day long.

The big take away from last night is how abysmal Leeds were.

Thankfully, this time we converted laying against dross into three points and we can extrapolate our current won 3 drawn 6 lost 5 to an end of season points total which would just about keep us in the division at season end.

Beyond that, many indications that our fundamental problems - a disorganised defence and a clueless manager - remain.

Thankfully, this time we converted laying against dross into three points and we can extrapolate our current won 3 drawn 6 lost 5 to an end of season points total which would just about keep us in the division at season end.

Beyond that, many indications that our fundamental problems - a disorganised defence and a clueless manager - remain.

Easy to lose games like that by having a casual attitude. We didn't. We were ruthless. I'm happy, you be as miserable as you like..

Well give me our clueless manager over theirs any day of the week. For all those wanting Bowyer out Leeds are a great example of what could happen.

We both have equally bad owners who make bad decisions.

Lawrence has played well yes. Although I dont think he plays of Rhodes well at all. IMO we should play to accommodate Rhodes, and not try to defend with ten men.

Fair enough, I thought he does play off Rhodes well. Not sure what the sparkly piece of glass was he was carrying off after the game?

All centre forwards get isolated when other teams attack, it's the nature of the game. We don't choose to play like that.

Bit tired but brief thoughts:

1st 10 minutes magnificent

Last 80 poor

Leeds are worse than us - absolute rubbish, never looked like scoring

Steele isn't very good

Bowyer's obsession with playing Hanley no matter what (even if off the field injured) would've cost us vs better opposition.

No way we'll go down but won't go up under current regime.

Edit funny how people thought was a great performance - I thought it was scrappy and we went down to their level after a storming start.

I'll go along with that Blue Blood. But a win is a win and it was much needed.

I know it's a game in isolation but Leeds looked very, very poor. Other fans will have said the same about us this season though.

When we can sit here with a recent record of Played 10 Won 7 Drawn 1 Lost 2, then go on to another run of Played 10 Won 6 drawn 3 Lost 1 we can all wax lyrical about how well Bowyer has done to turn it around.

All in all, a very good performance away from home with clean sheet. God that feels good to say!

They simply were dreadful, but it could've been a banana skin last night, and would have been typical Rovers to slip up there but credit where credits due, we've deserved 3 points from each of our last three games as a minimum so maybe our lucks changing.

Conway and Lawrence could be huge players for us this year, Rhodes goes without saying, and I'm still uncertain how he has crept that ball in the bottom corner.

It may be controversial but I really like Marshall at right back. It makes such a difference playing a genuine footballer who is comfortable on the ball and kind find that service.

Akpan and Evans were impressive, and I take back what I've said about Hanley and Duffy, a very very good defensive display.

I'm not going to get carried away, cause let's face it, we were playing a side in a terrible situation with a manager that was unsure whether he'd see half time, but the we've played well for the last 3 games and only got one win, maybe just maybe our luck is turning

Three welcome points after an electric start. A lot of the half time chat was around how important the next goal would have been. I would have liked to have gone for this but don't get me wrong I am delighted with the win. I was frustrated at the length of time it took to make the change when Hanley was injured. I just couldn't understand why a decision wasn't made quicker as we risked conceding with Akpan at centre half. It just seemed unprofessional.

I only saw the second half but it looked a very poor contest. Having said that we had no need to do anything more at 2-0. If I was a Leeds fans I would be worried as they never got any spell of pressure going at all.

Thought Akpan played well in breaking things up although did little on the ball. Welcome 3 points and, as we were told our season would take off after the next win, I look forward to Tuesday.

Archived