BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Journey Into Mordor

Let me share something with you, whilst you are crowing (at those fans who want better for Rovers and Blackburn than you):

LLDDLD - LDWD - WLDLW

That's no wins in August (six games!), one in September and two in October (when we also lost AGAIN to Bumley).

What great times to be a Rovers fan, eh? With a bit of spin, you could say that it even shows that Bowyer is improving. It must be great to be able to switch off ones computer and forget the bad stuff, and not bump into other local fans who gloat. Or equally to drop by on a messageboard and crow like this every once in a while.

Burnley fans are delighted with Venkys AND Bowyer. As several of them remind me every day.

Now then, back to news from your armchair...

It's baffling how Bowyer is the best thing since sliced bread after one win, and just a week after losing to the Dingles (again). He'll get further praise assuming we pick up a draw or two in our next couple but should we revert to type and back to losses and sporadic points, these folk will go quiet until the next win (due sometime late November by my calculations). You'd think people would be able to form a coherent argument without cherrypicking the few games where we've turned up and got a result.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange how they don't spot the irony in their posts i.e they only post after a win but most others post win, lose or draw. We must be the only fans in world football who aren't allowed to moan or question the manager after only winning 2 out of 14 bloody attempts before last night.

If the next 13 league games go the same way as the last 13 results wise, what then, will we be allowed a little 'I told you so' or do we just sit quietly so as not to upset the blinkered.

Givet had a beard and was class... Hanley is growing a beard and is getting better... Could be a connection!

The power of the beard is strong in this one.

He was trying to pull the other guys off his face a time or two last night lol

Did anyone see Rhodes give Steele the nod to knock a free kick wide to the left flank to win a throw in in their last third and clap wildly when it came off? What an odd rugby style tactic.

I saw it. Worked perfectly, Big Sam would've been proud. I think it was when we were down to 10 men, so maybe understandable. I think it was Steele's only accurate kick all game.

Did anyone see Rhodes give Steele the nod to knock a free kick wide to the left flank to win a throw in in their last third and clap wildly when it came off? What an odd rugby style tactic.

I saw that and it worked a bloody treat.

I said well done there lad.

last saturday, almost every disgruntled fan was blaming gary bowyer for that defeat, coming up with 1 perplexing reason after another. so bearing that in mind, lets go back to last night at the final whistle at elland road and all i got to say is "bloody hell bowyer, what the friggin hell where you thinking...setting your team up to win a game of football" last nights win is your fault gary, all your fault. you should be ashamed. the naysayers will not be happy with a 2-0 (away) win.

Most shortsighted thing I've read on here for a while. We've won three all season. Three. Are you happy with that? Should we laud the manager for his awesomeness?

This club, with this squad and that star striker should be in the top six. At the very least they should be within touching distance. They aren't.

When Bowyer did his best work for us when we could have gone down, in that run in we only won three. We didn't pull up any trees by any means and although it was some sterling work back in the day, he has lived off that much longer than we would allow any other Rovers manager in my memory.

He's going to have to get a hell of a lot more results and start meeting my reasonable expectations before I smugly sing his praises.

As much as results do generally tend to speak for themselves, I think all of us would agree that the standard of our football since the 2nd half at Fulham has been light years ahead of the dross served up for the previous 2 seasons. For this I will give Bowyer some credit.

We have all been crying out for a settled/preferred starting 11 to allow them to gel. This is now happening and it shows. But for some woeful finishing against that lot - and also Derby to some degree, we would be talking about quite a good run of results barring MK Dons (which I'll slightly forgive due to us being down to 10 men for 80 mins)

Yes, the start of the season was terrible, but recently I can see a shimmer of light at the end of this very long tunnel. I still don't think Bowyer's the man to lead us out of this division, but, taking the recent performances into consideration, I'm willing to cut him a little slack for the next couple of games. After that I think we'll see if we really have turned a corner or not.

On last night's game, I think we really did a job on them in the first half. As we know all to well, once you're 2 goals down in the first few minutes it's very hard to come back. We knocked Leeds for 6, got the crowd on their backs and really should've added another couple of goals to the tally.

Let's keep it up. I'd love nothing more than Bowyer to prove to me he's up to it by going on an amazing run and climbing the table. That's the sort of humble pie I certainly don't mind eating.

last saturday, almost every disgruntled fan was blaming gary bowyer for that defeat, coming up with 1 perplexing reason after another. so bearing that in mind, lets go back to last night at the final whistle at elland road and all i got to say is "bloody hell bowyer, what the friggin hell where you thinking...setting your team up to win a game of football" last nights win is your fault gary, all your fault. you should be ashamed. the naysayers will not be happy with a 2-0 (away) win.

I would comment on the ridiculousness of your post but Pedro has just done it so well I don't need to.

Just had a quick look at clean sheets this season and we have five which is only bettered by two clubs so defensively it looks like we are heading in the right direction our

achilles heel this season is this:

Blackburn Rovers Top Scorers
Rank Player LG LC Total 1 Jordan Rhodes 8, Craig Conway 2, Nathan Delfouneso 2, Shane Duffy 1, Grant Hanley 1, Tom Lawrence 1

As much as results do generally tend to speak for themselves, I think all of us would agree that the standard of our football since the 2nd half at Fulham has been light years ahead of the dross served up for the previous 2 seasons. For this I will give Bowyer some credit.

We have all been crying out for a settled/preferred starting 11 to allow them to gel. This is now happening and it shows. But for some woeful finishing against that lot - and also Derby to some degree, we would be talking about quite a good run of results barring MK Dons (which I'll slightly forgive due to us being down to 10 men for 80 mins)

Yes, the start of the season was terrible, but recently I can see a shimmer of light at the end of this very long tunnel. I still don't think Bowyer's the man to lead us out of this division, but, taking the recent performances into consideration, I'm willing to cut him a little slack for the next couple of games. After that I think we'll see if we really have turned a corner or not.

On last night's game, I think we really did a job on them in the first half. As we know all to well, once you're 2 goals down in the first few minutes it's very hard to come back. We knocked Leeds for 6, got the crowd on their backs and really should've added another couple of goals to the tally.

Let's keep it up. I'd love nothing more than Bowyer to prove to me he's up to it by going on an amazing run and climbing the table. That's the sort of humble pie I certainly don't mind eating.

I do agree. Although results are all that matter, performances and effort levels have definitely improved since that second half at Fulham. I'd gladly chip to towards the cost of that pie and I'll eat my fair share if we get where we should be.

There's no doubt when we win we win in style and a few of the loses have been unfair but so far the results have been almost relegation form. Fact remains that Gaz is a manager who can only get his team to turn in a winning performance once every three or four games mitigating circumstances or not.

I really hope we have lift off at last but then again we can't expect to reach the moon even if we are off the ground. We'll go around in circles this season probably but the football and player selection are 100% better than last season. The good sign if you can call it that is that most of the ire has been directed at the crap Gaz comes out with and what are the owners up too rather than the usual stuff he's annoyed us with.

Last season it was slow starts, crap sideways football, endless tinkering, too many draws, mix and match etc etc. This season for whatever reason some big pennies seem to have dropped and for that they deserve credit aside from the results. The Lowe debate will run and run but the fact he woke up to the Spurr/Olsson one pretty quick gives us some hope.

Woodydoo, the Premier League Championship winners are going to stay in the second division with clueless owners, a total nob ender Chairman and a liability of a manager with fans draining away in disillusionment.

Given our last three opponents have been Champions five times in my lifetime, and all with much superior records in Europe, I would think most of your sentiments are pretty widespread in this division.

Far too many of our brethren are excepting mediocrity lying down.Expectations have been dumbed down to such a level it's now lower than a Rattlesnakes arse!

A fellow blue at work claimed he would be happy with fourth from bottom not so long ago.

I just shook my head in disbelief at his rambling.

• Backroom

Far too many of our brethren are excepting mediocrity lying down.Expectations have been dumbed down to such a level it's now lower than a Rattlesnakes arse!

A fellow blue at work claimed he would be happy with fourth from bottom not so long ago.

I just shook my head in disbelief at his rambling.

Similar sentiments to those in this thread were shared after the Charlton game - 'we've turned a corner now', 'we'll go on a run', 'we may still get playoffs', 'that's what you get for doubting Bowyer', etc ...

Until last night we followed that up by winning one, drawing two, and losing two. Let's see how the next few games pan out before getting too excited by beating a team who haven't won at home since March. It's a good victory, but we're only really clawing back points thrown away when we got smashed by the MK Dons, drew with Bolton at home, drew with Cardiff at home, drew with Huddersfield away, and so on...

Bowyer does seem to have stumbled onto a team and formation that works, but we now need some consistent victories to back up Bowyer's assertion that the team deserves better and can do better.

Next four fixtures are:

Birmingham (A)

Brentford (H)

Preston (A)

Sheff Weds (H)

I'd say at the very least 6 points is a minimum requirement from these fixtures, if not more. Should we have a decent November and performances continue at the same level we've seen recently then perhaps Bowyer deserves to be cut some slack. For the moment, this is a win that will only be useful if we follow up with more points in our next few games.

Interesting development at Leeds

Leeds Fans Utd@LeedsFansUtd 9m9 minutes ago

Leeds Fans Utd has today reached agreement in principle with Massimo Cellino to purchase a majority stake in Leeds United Football Club.

http://www.leedsfansutd.co.uk/

Bring it on Loons! Give our club back to the fans, and take the hit for your appalling mismanagement!

Birmingham (A)

Brentford (H)

Preston (A)

Sheff Weds (H)

I'd say at the very least 6 points is a minimum requirement from these fixtures, if not more. Should we have a decent November and performances continue at the same level we've seen recently then perhaps Bowyer deserves to be cut some slack. For the moment, this is a win that will only be useful if we follow up with more points in our next few games.

Id say 9 points really. It's a big ask but we created a mountain for ourselves with a poor start then a bad week last week.

All those games are winnable. And we need to boost the wins column.

• Backroom

Id say 9 points really. It's a big ask but we created a mountain for ourselves with a poor start then a bad week last week.

All those games are winnable. And we need to boost the wins column.

I was going to say 9 as well, but tried to be realistic with the manager in mind. Three wins would double the amount of wins we've had all season, and such a run would be hugely uncharacteristic of a Bowyer team.

I was going to say 9 as well, but tried to be realistic with the manager in mind. Three wins would double the amount of wins we've had all season, and such a run would be hugely uncharacteristic of a Bowyer team.

Christ based on his billy big balls act after his third win of the season ,3 wins in the next four he will be on top of the Blackburn end roof in a Thor outfit shouting "I am a footballing God , the rest of you can F*** Off "

Bowyer does seem to have stumbled onto a team and formation that works, but we now need some consistent victories to back up Bowyer's assertion that the team deserves better and can do better.

Next four fixtures are:

Birmingham (A)

Brentford (H)

Preston (A)

Sheff Weds (H)

We are playing quite well and if Jordan is back to a goal scoring run then all those games offer points. I'm going for 2 home wins a point at Brum and 1 or 3 at P so it's 8 or 10 points.

It comes from living under a stone and knowing that if it's 10 points Bowyer will lead a chorus of 'You Only Come When We're Winning''

Archived