BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Ever Happened To?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How the hell do you go from following one club all over the place to supporting another?

I thought he had a screw lose to be honest. We bought all his beer one trip to Sofia because he was skint, only to see him spend £100 the last day on duty free fags!

Debs saved him that afternoon, I was bloody fuming

Love you too Gav.

Jordan travels the country (well Northern-ish parts) avidly supporting his local team, Harrogate Town. His young son is equally enamoured with them too.

That's right.

I suffered a stroke in Dec 08 and was in hospital for some time. Really made me think about my priorites at the time and whilst I was still able to make it to some matches, it was difficult.

My son, Daniel, was born in Oct 09, however I suffered a second, and more server, stroke in Jan 10. I was paralysed for several months however over time I began to be able to do more and more. I made it to a few games that year however I was frustrated with what was happening at Rovers and made a stance, I think on this forum, that I would not attend another Rovers game whilst Venky's were involved with the club.

When Daniel started getting older he wanted to go to a football match so took him to watch our local team Harrogate Town. It kind of went on from there and I now run the supporters club and away match travel. It is great fun and bumped in to some former Rovers fans at Chorley and also Modes98 at Solihull.

Whilst things have changed in my life, I still have fond memories of my time following Rovers and met some great people. Some of whom I still keep in touch with. Rovers are still the first result I check for and I just wish things were different.

Hope everyone is doing well and just wanted to pop on to say hi.

Nice to hear from you again Jordan and sorry to learn of your health problems. I wondered what had happened to you!

Non league could be the way to go these days. At least you get to see some English players and it's more honest. Whilst I'm a Rugby League convert these days, I may just give my new adopted home town teams a go, Northwich Victoria and Witton Albion. And then there's 1874 Northwich who play down the road in Winsford, especially when AFC Darwen visit in a few weeks time.

That's right.

I suffered a stroke in Dec 08 and was in hospital for some time. Really made me think about my priorites at the time and whilst I was still able to make it to some matches, it was difficult.

My son, Daniel, was born in Oct 09, however I suffered a second, and more server, stroke in Jan 10. I was paralysed for several months however over time I began to be able to do more and more. I made it to a few games that year however I was frustrated with what was happening at Rovers and made a stance, I think on this forum, that I would not attend another Rovers game whilst Venky's were involved with the club.

When Daniel started getting older he wanted to go to a football match so took him to watch our local team Harrogate Town. It kind of went on from there and I now run the supporters club and away match travel. It is great fun and bumped in to some former Rovers fans at Chorley and also Modes98 at Solihull.

Whilst things have changed in my life, I still have fond memories of my time following Rovers and met some great people. Some of whom I still keep in touch with. Rovers are still the first result I check for and I just wish things were different.

Did you stop smoking?!!

Nice to see some of the old timers back on here tonight after GB got potted.

we have always been around Preston.. was just licking our lips in anticipation for this day, and now that its here, we start again... we are like a clock these days, just going around and around, and never stopping, unless the clock breaks down.

Many good posters have disappeared. But I'd echo toppers, le chuck was someone I always enjoyed. It's strange because he / she was often one who would use good old logic to explain his opinion. It's funny because his or her posts remind me of someone who posts nowadays and gets a lot of grief but always backs it up with sense and logic. I'm not suggesting the two are the same. But I wouldn't dismiss the idea entirely.

Oh and Pete (rolo) is still around I think. Never met the man but he's always struck me as a thoroughly nice bloke. I'd like to meet him for a pint the next time I make the trip north. I wish he'd post more often. The written word is an art form and I was always in awe of his.

And another...

Yeti-dog was always good too. Never posted often but he had a dry wit I always appreciated.

I'm not sure I ever agreed with tonygalesmic and I often found him to be incredibly self righteous. But I have to say I'd love to see him back. Just because it would entice the like of shilli/batman. I can't abide people digging out those who don't deserve it. But I always enjoyed a spat between opposing sides who seemed to revel in the exchange.

Thanks for the kind words. Still around but more of a lurker these days... :xmas:

It has to be said some real characters have vanished into the ether. Hopefully the next manager brings a few back! coyb

I'm not sure I ever agreed with tonygalesmic and I often found him to be incredibly self righteous. But I have to say I'd love to see him back.

I have a hunch that he already is, but far be it for me to out him.

How the hell do you go from following one club all over the place to supporting another?

I thought he had a screw lose to be honest. We bought all his beer one trip to Sofia because he was skint, only to see him spend £100 the last day on duty free fags!

Debs saved him that afternoon, I was bloody fuming

This is hilarious

Nice to read Jordan's post too

That's right.

Really shocked and saddened to read this. Jordan and his posse were a regular sight on the away circuit during the 'noughties'. I didn't know him too well but we used to exchange 'nods' of acknowledgment when our paths crossed at places as diverse as Accrington for a pre-season friendly to the train station at Schipol airport on route to a European game ... he always seemed to be there.

Anyway good luck for the future 'big fella' and I hope your health problems are all behind you.

For those of you who recognise Jordan and In the spirit of 'Where's Wally' see if you can spot him in this photo taken at Accrington circa 2006.

image.jpg1_zpsty8kfcpg.jpg

Really shocked and saddened to read this. Jordan and his posse were a regular sight on the away circuit during the 'noughties'. I didn't know him too well but we used to exchange 'nods' of acknowledgment when our paths crossed at places as diverse as Accrington for a pre-season friendly to the train station at Schipol airport on route to a European game ... he always seemed to be there.

Anyway good luck for the future 'big fella' and I hope your health problems are all behind you.

For those of you who recognise Jordan and In the spirit of 'Where's Wally' see if you can spot him in this photo taken at Accrington circa 2006.image.jpg1_zpsty8kfcpg.jpg

He's watching a different game to everyone else.

For those of you who recognise Jordan and In the spirit of 'Where's Wally' see if you can spot him in this photo taken at Accrington circa 2006.

image.jpg1_zpsty8kfcpg.jpg

I'm also in this photo:)

Archived