BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Club Finance Stuff

awhom111

As Paul Lambert has been promoted out of this division before, I think I might just trust his judgment....

Just opening up and extending Neals conditioned post.

Will it come down to Paul Lambert's judgement on recruitment ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still waiting for someone to clarify how we got out of the embargo anyway. It's about losses, not debt - and the losses were way, way above what was allowed. The owners putting in a lump sum would reduce the losses for that one period, not for ever.

In all likelihood it was just an agreed settlement between us and the Football League and not because of any rules. We get out of the embargo and agree to not publically embarrass them. We buy some players and lots of fans forget there was ever even an issue. Then Venky's had to agree to do a token thing like this so it looks like we actually did something to get into compliance.

at the risk of turning this into a transfer thread if you look at Lamberts signings at Norwich most were from either the same or lower league players , steady and unspectacular

Look at Lambert's comments and It will tell you the answer. Stop with the conspiracy theories Jal.

Also just to add We have now PROVEN promotion manager with experience backroom staff in Irvine, Kelly and Batty.

Do you think Lambert would take the Rovers manager job unless he was in charge of Playing recruitment??? Think about it.

Look at Lambert's comments and It will tell you the answer. Stop with the conspiracy theories Jal.

Also just to add We have now PROVEN promotion manager with experience backroom staff in Irvine, Kelly and Batty.

Do you think Lambert would take the Rovers manager job unless he was in charge of Playing recruitment??? Think about it.

Has he been asked the question directly on player recruitment simple question your not doing yourself any favours chaddy. Afterall Kamy told us how how the press conferences are manipulated did he not.

Why did you think I didnt? Cos I dont know but Tommy Johnson wasnt Chief Scout at Rovers so not him.

Really hope under PL that a clean sweep and fresh approach to recruitment is happening cos under GB it clearly didn't and came directly via a certain sports agency..

Really hope under PL that a clean sweep and fresh approach to recruitment is happening cos under GB it clearly didn't and came directly via a certain sports agency..

Yea like Duffy, cairney, Gestede, Conway, Steele etc must've all come from agent tip offs. I'm using the Jal formula also, that comment is based on 0% evidence.

I guess we see about whether anything happens with the scouting staff between end of the January transfer window and the summer one.

Can you anything more about this Certain sports agency? Was GB's agent from that agency?

Who did and what's the big deal?

I think JAL is making reference to an agent who used to live in Blackburn and would be known to lots of people who were involved in the local football scene. He has represented Orr and Varney and, as a good agent should do he got good deals for them after recommending both players knowing that Rovers were in the market for players in their positions. What JAL fails to mention is that the same guy brought us Samba and Kalanic. And the agent has NO players in the first team squad now. He may still have a few academy players.

Some managers prefer/will only deal with certain agents and I honestly don't have a clue if Lambert does or not.

Well the venkyscum ownership has certainly come home to roost today . Bunch of overpaid players and tosspot owners who have ruined everything jack walker built . It won't be long until we are in Bolton/Blackpool situation . Today was awful from everything related to rovers . The fans were so quiet (I did my best ) and the players looked half arsed . The new manager needs a miracle after inheriting the venky legacy .

Venkys are you proud of ruining us .

Archived