SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton V Rovers - 28/12/15

sambo

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Seems like we would have been better off playing on Saturday. The lack of sharpness or direction in our play is really disappointing. Hopefully fitness wise we will have the advantage as the game goes on.

• Backroom

Disgraceful by Conway.

Koita puts him in on the edge of the box then he miscontrols it then puts in a woeful cross with 4 in the box

And now just as bad from Marshall

Rhodes'll be off in January, with good reason. No service, nobody even looking for him.

I don't understand why we look so poor. Positionally/shape wise, it's not bad, perhaps defending a bit too deep, but we are away from home. Everyone looks to be sluggish and lacking a distinct amount of technique.

A side with more confidence would have put at least a couple past us by now. A performance like this against Middlesbrough would have resulted in a cricket score.

What's going on? Fine them all two weeks' wages, they're basically AWOL.

• Backroom

In fairness, our defence have been OK, excluding the chance Bolton should have scored.

Midfield and attack are an embarrassment though. Like a group of players from the non leagues who have never played together before. If I was Lambert I'd be livid with their "contribution" so far, which amounts primarily to giving possession away, being second best to every challenge in the air and miscontrolling the ball.

Archived