BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton V Rovers - 28/12/15

sambo

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunshine and not a cloud in the sky now here just a couple of miles from the Macron. Should be game on we should be fresh although in no way will this be easy and even if it was Rovers will guarantee to make it difficult. These players have a way to go yet before they shake off the excuse mentality that was previously drilled into em.

To the tune of "She'll be coming round the mountain."

You can come and watch the Rovers when your bust.

You can come and watch the Rovers when your bust.

You can come and watch the Rovers.

Come and watch the Rovers.

Come and watch the Rovers when your bust.

That should cheer them up.

Do people think the game will be played?

Not being in Lancashire its hard to understand just how bad its been, but seeing the pictures online of Darwen, Whalley, Witton and Leyland it looks pretty bad.

Do people think the game will go ahead? we're heading up in the next hour or so.

GAV I think it will only depend on the state of the pitch. The change in 24 hours is dramatic. You probably know the Lostock below the Golden Lion and beyond the canal were we live?

The valley was full yesterday and empty this morning. On the bend towards Chorley just after Spout House farm the road was flooded to the depth of a car window but that went in 3 hours. This time yesterday the canal at Toplock was just flowing over the lock gates and this morning has dropped by 12".

One thing I find amazing is a canal built 200 years ago withstood everything nature could have thrown at it. I fully expected the lodge above our house to overflow but everything held up as it should.

Apologies for diversion.

Well done Sambo - great preview.

This is an away banker.

These are desperate times for Bolton - sadly, they are in complete disarray. I say sadly because I want all Lancashire clubs competing in the top leagues - it's good for football in the area.

Our week's rest should be crucial and I think we are going to see a storming Rovers' performance and a hatful of goals especially if we net early.

13/10 seem generous odds to me and it's a great opportunity to recoup some of the Christmas outlay !

Here's to an exciting New Year for Rovers.

Some never learn. Never easy playing away. Local derby, niggly atmosphere, Bolton in desperate trouble.

Need to focus on ourselves and get our 40k a week superstar scoring. Defensively we look resilient and organised. We need more of a threat in open play and to create better quality chances.

Tough game ahead. Anxious for the win but expecting a draw. 1-1

I have been at Middlebrook this morning and it was dry although a touch on the cold side. The forecast is for very little rain so I can't see any problems with the game going ahead. I don't think we will ever get a better chance to beat them but as hardened Rovers fans the majority of us Will have tempered that slightly.

I think this is actually a big test for Lambert. There's no reason we can't go and beat them.

They've been awful all season, the game at Ewood was all you needed to see that Bolton would be struggling massively this season.

But they should be fighting for their lives. It will be a tough game but I will be disappointed if we don't get the 3 points.

Bolton's home form since Neil Lennon took over in October last year:

This season they have played 11 league games at the Macron. They have won 1 (v Wolves), drawn 8 (v Derby, Brighton, Fulham, Forest, Sheffield, Brentford, Leeds & Bristol City) and lost 2 (v Cardiff and Birmingham).

Last season under Lennon they played 17 home league games, winning 8, drawing 6 and losing 3.

So that's 5 home defeats in 28 games under Neil Lennon.

In summary they find wins hard to come by, but they are certainly not pushovers at their place. I think it will be very tough to go there and get a win, but we have to be confident of doing so. A defeat would be disastrous given their recent form, position, one win in 30 odd games and with us having a rest on Boxing Day.

Well done Sambo - great preview.

This is an away banker.

These are desperate times for Bolton - sadly, they are in complete disarray. I say sadly because I want all Lancashire clubs competing in the top leagues - it's good for football in the area.

Our week's rest should be crucial and I think we are going to see a storming Rovers' performance and a hatful of goals especially if we net early.

13/10 seem generous odds to me and it's a great opportunity to recoup some of the Christmas outlay !

Here's to an exciting New Year for Rovers.

OH NO!!!

Lose this and Rovers will definitely be looking downwards not up for the remainder of the season

a whole more 23 games after that? Based on one result? Nonsense. We could lose, but finish in the top 6 for all we know.

Archived