BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tannoy Operater

ABBEY

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic !! Let the passionless players listen to boos instead cranking up the music as ref blows whistle !! You never know it may fire the lazy gets up

ABBEY, if you'd written it like this it would have been epic mate

PAthetic !! Let the PAssionless players listen to boos instead cranking up the music as ref blows whistle !! You never know it may fire the lazy gets up

Especially if you'd managed to slip a Marshall joke in there as well......

ABBEY, if you'd written it like this it would have been epic mate

PAthetic !! Let the PAssionless players listen to boos instead cranking up the music as ref blows whistle !! You never know it may fire the lazy gets up

Especially if you'd managed to slip a Marshall joke in there as well......

Was not in mood for jokes to be fair.

• Moderation Lead

That music that gets played when the players come out is grim as well. Who decided to legitimise Coldplay? FGS I'd rather brush my teeth with barbed wire than listen to that dross!

• 1 month later...

Not as bad as the Blackpool guy on Saturday who decided to play "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel against Bradford......

....hope he gets another job soon!

Sure that was accidental not everyone is aware of it.

Coincidentally I just watched this video recently. I've seen some moronic actions from football fans but this has to top the lot. Some are actually SINGING as their own stand burns down with people clearly trapped and injured. :wacko:

Sure that was accidental not everyone is aware of it.

Coincidentally I just watched this video recently. I've seen some moronic actions from football fans but this has to top the lot. Some are actually SINGING as their own stand burns down with people clearly trapped and injured. :wacko:

I don't think anybody is accusing the bloke of playing it deliberately but surely people are aware of the Bradford disaster, even younger folk?

• Backroom

I don't think anybody is accusing the bloke of playing it deliberately but surely people are aware of the Bradford disaster, even younger folk?

I'll confess. I'm 24 and only learned of the Bradford fire last year.

Even if the guy was aware its still something that can easily slip your mind.

I'll confess. I'm 24 and only learned of the Bradford fire last year.

Yes media mentioned the 30th anniversary though of course Bradford are a lower profile club. They also don't ruthlessly market it or endlessly remind everyone of it. It didn't have as much impact on stadium safety as later events but it is the reason the old Riverside was condemned (and not immediately replaced until Jack provided the materials)

Even if the guy was aware its still something that can easily slip your mind.

Yes media mentioned the 30th anniversary though of course Bradford are a lower profile club. They also don't ruthlessly market it or endlessly remind everyone of it. It didn't have as much impact on stadium safety as later events but it is the reason the old Riverside was condemned (and not immediately replaced until Jack provided the materials)

It had a massive impact on stadium safety Vinjay - many wooden stands were closed down in its immediate aftermath.

Apart from the David Fishwick Stand, which remains to this day, astonishingly.

It had a massive impact on stadium safety Vinjay - many wooden stands were closed down in its immediate aftermath.

Apart from the David Fishwick Stand, which remains to this day, astonishingly.

Don't know where that is.

Also don't know how many stands were closed down though certainly assumed it wasn't just Rovers effected. The point was still accurate though safety measures after 1989 had more widescale impact.

Don't know where that is.

Also don't know how many stands were closed down though certainly assumed it wasn't just Rovers effected.

I agree that the Taylor report in the aftermath of Hillsborough had a greater impact in respect of the introduction of all-seater stadia, but the wooden death traps that were prevalent in football grounds in1985 were, rightly, condemned after the Bradford fire. (I think that is how we ended up with a new Riverside stand in the late 80s, though I don't know that for a fact).

As I say, apart from the David Fishwick Stand, and I'm afraid you need to prepare to be mocked by other MB posters for not knowing that is where the Rovers fans have to sit/stand at Turf Moor..........

I agree that the Taylor report in the aftermath of Hillsborough had a greater impact in respect of the introduction of all-seater stadia, but the wooden death traps that were prevalent in football grounds in1985 were, rightly, condemned after the Bradford fire. (I think that is how we ended up with a new Riverside stand in the late 80s, though I don't know that for a fact).

As I say, apart from the David Fishwick Stand, and I'm afraid you need to prepare to be mocked by other MB posters for not knowing that is where the Rovers fans have to sit/stand at Turf Moor..........

OK I'll be honest lol. I did know and just pretended otherwise. Even if not would have guessed where it probably was!

Not bothered about being an expert on Turf Moor. I've never been there and refuse to go under the ridiculous current travel arrangements. Unless it was a playoff semi final or something.

OK I'll be honest lol. I did know and just pretended otherwise. Even if not would have guessed where it probably was!

Not bothered about being an expert on Turf Moor. I've never been there and refuse to go under the ridiculous current travel arrangements. Unless it was a playoff semi final or something.

I've never been to the Taj Mahal but I know its in India lol

• Backroom

Never been a fan of goal music but it's actually having a somewhat positive effect, after the music finished the crowd carried on singing it adding Jordi Gomez in at the end

Archived