BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Help!

I am taking my son to his first game on the 26th (vs. Huddersfield) and am already set to mark the occasion with a full kit (not his first you'll be pleased to hear) with his surname and age on the back.

In order to make it that bit 'extra special' I was wondering if anyone knew the likely time for the arrival of the players so as to get some autographs/pictures or similar. Do they tend to all come in together via coach or slope in separately. I've never done the whole gathering autographs stuff so have no idea of where to even go. I presume the main entrance is where the players also dip in?

Any suggestions would be grateful. I've not told him we are going yet, but he will be very excited. He recently told me he wants to be a "footballer for Blackburn" when he "grows-up" (do we ever?!) so am keen to really capture his imagination.

Thanks in advance for help!

We usually park at the Darwen End and walk to Blues Bar 2 hours before kick off and we almost always see a few players wandering in at that time. That is at 1pm for 3pm kick offs so I assume it would be 10.30am for the early kick offs. Hope this helps and good luck. Hope your son has an amazing day!

They used to enter in the corner of the BBE/Riverside a few years ago after parking up on the BBE car park always around 2hrs before. Some gaffers have had them meeting at Brockhall and coming down in the coach to the main JW entrance though for certain games.

With all the changing and cost cutting in recent years they probably meet in blues and get changed in the toilets these days :rover:

It was a typo but thank you unsall for the heads up. Would have made a wally of myself turning up on the 26th! :tu:

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far. I'll chance my arm then about 1pm(ish) at the players entrance. I did try contacting the club to get some information but have had no response thus far.

Am sure he'll enjoy; thanks for the wishes oldjamfan.

It was a typo but thank you unsall for the heads up. Would have made a wally of myself turning up on the 26th! :tu:

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far. I'll chance my arm then about 1pm(ish) at the players entrance. I did try contacting the club to get some information but have had no response thus far.

Am sure he'll enjoy; thanks for the wishes oldjamfan.

I did that years ago for my sons 10th. It was his first game too - we lived a long way away. Got met at reception by Bobby Saxton and met all the players in the dressing room pre game - v Carlisle and a good win I recall. Got some photos but it was long before digital cameras and smart phones!

I do hope that you and son have a great day out and it works as my son is still a Rovers fanatic!

Thanks for that AllRoverAsia. Would anyone have any idea who I might contact? I just used the 'contact us' form on rovers.co.uk but unsure if that might be the worst way to go about it?

Cheers again ^_^

Alternatively stand outside the players car park after the game. They all park there so they all go back that way.

If your really clever, drive up to the players car park before the game and say your a guest of (insert player name here), your tickets and pass are in the ticket office and (insert player name here) has told you to park on this car park. That way you can shoot straight off afterwards.

Wise to use a player that probably isn't going to be sold for longevity - although don't say Conway because I'm his guest.

I am taking my son to his first game on the 26th (vs. Huddersfield) and am already set to mark the occasion with a full kit (not his first you'll be pleased to hear) with his surname and age on the back.

In order to make it that bit 'extra special' I was wondering if anyone knew the likely time for the arrival of the players so as to get some autographs/pictures or similar. Do they tend to all come in together via coach or slope in separately. I've never done the whole gathering autographs stuff so have no idea of where to even go. I presume the main entrance is where the players also dip in?

Any suggestions would be grateful. I've not told him we are going yet, but he will be very excited. He recently told me he wants to be a "footballer for Blackburn" when he "grows-up" (do we ever?!) so am keen to really capture his imagination.

Thanks in advance for help!

they park on the car park at the Darwen End on what used to be the Church (St Batholomews?). They walk across and enter the ground in the corner where the darwen end meets the JW stand and walk along the side of the pitch and up the tunnel. I have seen them stopping for selfies and autographs.

Just hope you recognise some of them !!!!! lol

Have a great day. Its always good to see the kids getting a buzz.Mine were priveliged to get that buzz when they were young and could watch the likes of Shearer through to Tugay , Cole etc fantastic times. I am about to start crying at what these loons have done to us.

they park on the car park at the Darwen End on what used to be the Church (St Batholomews?). They walk across and enter the ground in the corner where the darwen end meets the JW stand and walk along the side of the pitch and up the tunnel. I have seen them stopping for selfies and autographs.

Just hope you recognise some of them !!!!! lol

Have a great day. Its always good to see the kids getting a buzz.Mine were priveliged to get that buzz when they were young and could watch the likes of Shearer through to Tugay , Cole etc fantastic times. I am about to start crying at what these loons have done to us.

Its the kids I feel most sorry for in many ways. Certainly those who support Rovers and are only old enough to remember disaster after disaster or never attended a Premier League game at Ewood. Always remember a quote "what about the effing kids Shearer?" someone shouted on his first return. Goodness know what that guy would shout at Venkys! It was his own kid (with a Shearer shirt) would probably round up an entire school now!

Thanks again all for the top-tips. I'm a bit of a wimp so probably won't attempt the blag park in the players car park!

I too am sad my son won't get to see such greats in action, but hopefully he will grow-up with his own heroes, once we have returned to the 'promised land'. We will get there again one day I'm sure.

Archived